Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... lice-force

Mega churches to have own police force.

What could possibly go wrong?
In the proud tradition of theocratic armed forces it will be called the Republican Guard.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:In the proud tradition of theocratic armed forces it will be called the Republican Guard.
Yeah, but NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION.

edit:.... better link to a reference for less cultured people like Mr. B

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nice rack!

Alabama Inquisition would be a good name, too.
The State of Alabama Has Fully Lost Its Mind
Where do we begin?

... Gee, if we only had real-world examples (Saudi Arabia's religious police ordered to be 'gentle') of what a bad idea religious police can be.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:Nice rack!

Alabama Inquisition would be a good name, too.
The State of Alabama Has Fully Lost Its Mind
Where do we begin?

... Gee, if we only had real-world examples (Saudi Arabia's religious police ordered to be 'gentle') of what a bad idea religious police can be.
I have begun telling people I'm from Scotland, and I got this accent from Beverly Hillbillies reruns.
And, yes, what could POSSIBLY fucking go wrong?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"Where're you from?" is usually just a conversation phrase, like "how you doing?" or something about the weather. Nobody really cares. In routine interactions, I certainly wouldn't assume the burden of Alabama (or wherever) association just because of a fluke of birth. :lol: Of course, if you say Scotland, you're going to get questions about the joy and risks of wearing a kilt and lonely sheep on the moors.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:"Where're you from?" is usually just a conversation phrase, like "how you doing?" or something about the weather. Nobody really cares. In routine interactions, I certainly wouldn't assume the burden of Alabama (or wherever) association just because of a fluke of birth. :lol: Of course, if you say Scotland, you're going to get questions about the joy and risks of wearing a kilt and lonely sheep on the moors.
We don't got no moors in alarbama, but we do sheep. We even got us a new law a couple years back allowing for legal sheep doing. Covers doing and other general animal relations with just about all the animals cept the wild ones. Not many tho would even want to try to do a wild deer, or even a racoon.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:"Where're you from?" is usually just a conversation phrase, like "how you doing?" or something about the weather. Nobody really cares. In routine interactions, I certainly wouldn't assume the burden of Alabama (or wherever) association just because of a fluke of birth. :lol: Of course, if you say Scotland, you're going to get questions about the joy and risks of wearing a kilt and lonely sheep on the moors.
Aye, laddie, it's a risk, but it's nae much of one, given that I adopted a reasonably acceptable accent while in Scotland almost 40 years ago. And the locals doon in Lower Alabamistan will nae knoo the difference.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

At Carolina back in the day, the sorority girls always liked to play "where are you from" so they could then play "do you know..." as a means of determining your social circle. It was always ridiculous to hear "where are you from?" 'DC" "Oh, I know somebody from there - do you know ..." Yeppers, everybody in DC and the MD and VA suburbs is just like that podunk town you grew up in where you were queen of your daddy's country club. :roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:Not a fire for heat, it was afternoon. He was getting high on crack on his way to work (!) and supposedly lit a chair on a shopping cart. Articles have also mentioned plastic (coated electrical/fiberoptic?) cable. I'm sure that highways everywhere have storage and nasty businesses underneath them, probably more so in high land value urban areas. What else can you put there? Probably being rethought now. My brother's Friday (Atlanta) commute on surface streets was 20 minutes longer than usual.
My new commute is still longer, maybe by 15 or 20 minutes. I have been traveling before or after rush hour. Usually that takes
something like 35-45 minutes, now it is more like 50-70 minutes.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

OMG! :shock: <gasp!> :shock: .... MrB. is posting in a thread that hasn't been commented on in three days!! Heaven forbid !!!!

Anyhow, our out of control wingnut Admin locked a thread. :crybaby:
It's only had 40 views since it was locked .... but nobody's joining the forum. (oh yeah, them "Bot" thingys)

Now Vrede; you accused me of flirting with you --- :lol: don't get your hopes up; the world doesn't revolve around you.

If I were "gay", I would seek out a helluva sight better than you; besides that, it's a well known fact that small objects are a serious choking hazard.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Wingnutties in control?

Remember the GOP outcry when Obama moved towards normalized relations with Cuba? What a difference a year makes!

The Cuba Trade Act (H.R. 442) was introduced by Rep. Tom Emmer (R-MN) on 1/11/2017. This bill would allow businesses in the private sector to trade freely with Cuba,

Cool.

while prohibiting taxpayer funds to be used on promotion or development of a new market.

Perhaps unfair, but I object to such corporate welfare for all markets.

There are currently 21 co-sponsors.

The Freedom To Travel to Cuba Act of 2017 (H.R. 351) was introduced by Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC) on 1/6/2017. This bill would allow all U.S. citizens to travel to Cuba.

My brother and I are discussing a trip. Might have to wait until his Mom goes into assisted living.

There are currently 15 co-sponsors.

The Cuba Agricultural Exports Act (H.R. 525) was introduced by Rep. Eric A. Crawford (R-AR) on 1/13/2017. This bill seeks to repeal financing restrictions, allowing firms in the U.S. to offer credit to Cuba in connection with exports of U.S. agricultural goods. It also seeks to eliminate restrictions on key federal funding used in agricultural export promotion.
Dear Rep. Meadows,

It's time to put the nail in the coffin of decades of failed policy towards Cuba.

Please co-sponsor:
The Cuba Trade Act (H.R. 442)
The Freedom To Travel to Cuba Act of 2017 (H.R. 351)
The Cuba Agricultural Exports Act (H.R. 525)

I await your reply.

Thanks,
(Vrede too)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

To: Rep. Chuck McGrady" <Chuck.McGrady@ncleg.net>, "Sen. Chuck Edwards" <chuck.edwards@ncleg.net>
Subject: Food stamps

Re: 133,000 people would lose food stamps under NC Senate budget
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politi ... 63487.html

"... The change wouldn’t save the state any money because funding comes from the federal government, but Republican Sen. Ralph Hise of Mitchell County says the change would make the system more fair...."

That's just stupid and cruel, along with being a big hit to our farmers, retailers and economy. It won't even save the feds money, they'll just send it to a less self-destructive state. The GOP is bad for people and business.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Rep. Chuck McGrady wrote:

And the House budget doesn't include this cut.
(Vrede too) wrote:

Cool, thanks!
We'll see what happens at reconciliation. Silver lining - Food stamp cuts will really hurt farmers that voted for Dolt .45 and the GOP, and Big Ag that donated to them. Careful what you wish for, fools.

Found: "Terrorists have hijacked Islam in a similar way that Trump has hijacked the Republican Party...except Islam disavows the terrorists."
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:14 pm
. . . Found: "Terrorists have hijacked Islam in a similar way that Trump has hijacked the Republican Party...except Islam disavows the terrorists."
:clap:
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Boatrocker wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:55 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 5:14 pm
. . . Found: "Terrorists have hijacked Islam in a similar way that Trump has hijacked the Republican Party...except Islam disavows the terrorists."
:clap:
So predictable. Yup, Yup.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 am
If I were "gay", I would seek out a helluva sight better than you; besides that, it's a well known fact that small objects are a serious choking hazard.
I never noticed this before, but I think this was Mr. B's cry for 'prettier men'. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm proud of Mr.B for finally admitting that he's bi, that he has such an active fantasy life, and for telling us about his experience with size differences.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found: "The Party of No, now with full control of Congress and the WH, has evolved into the Party of No Can Do."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Having worked for corporations and seen the exact same shit go down, I have often wondered how in hell anyone with any practical experience could anticipate an improvement by replacing a cabinet head with a corporate con man/woman. Not that politically-appointed cabinet heads are automatically qualified or even smart enough to tie their own shoes; but I have never worked for a corporation whose Chairperson/CEO I would want within 500 miles of a powerful government position. They are all trumpholes, to some extent.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.