Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:28 pm
As long as he's smeared, innocent or guilty; right?
You say that like it's a bad thing. None of this is really about Kavenaugh - it's about Trump and also retribution for the stolen Garland seat.
Kavenaugh is just the latest to have his life screwed over by his association with Trump.
So your life is screwed because of your knowing and associating with someone? That's rich.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:31 am
Really, do you cover your ears and eyes during the news.
Why should I watch the news? I've got two of the biggest know-it-all "news" reporters right here. They know how every thing went down, who did what to who and when; who's fault it was, who's fault it ain't...shit man, all I have to do is log in. I just don't have to look at ya!

There were two of them who pushed her into the room. His bud stood there and watched before jumping on her too.
Oh, so his bud jumped on her too; but he's not being accused? Haven't seen that part; of course you did. Of course.

So strange how you pretend to not know basic facts about everything you discuss here. I guess it does make the strawmen easier to destroy.
Like I said above, all the "basic facts" are right here in this forum. I guess I'm guilty of not paying attention.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:09 pm
O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing. None of this is really about Kavenaugh - it's about Trump and also retribution for the stolen Garland seat.
Kavenaugh is just the latest to have his life screwed over by his association with Trump.
So your life is screwed because of your knowing and associating with someone? That's rich.
Sure - it's happened over and over to people who have tied their wagon to Trump's star. People who may have been a bit sketchy on their own (e.g. Cohen, Manafort) but managed to live without public controversy. Add Trump and they're both on the way to jail. Others had decent careers that were ruined by working for Trump. Others, like Sessions, were secure and respected (at least by his own voters), now he's a punching bag. Pretty much everybody Trump associates with gets screwed. Always have, President* or not. It's just Kavenaugh's turn in the barrel.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Plus, Kavanaugh was picked by POSPOTUS exactly BECAUSE he believes in an imperial presidency, one immune from accountability for criminal behavior. Of course "his association with Trump" matters.
Last edited by Vrede too on Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:04 pm
Plus, Kavanaugh was picked be POSPOTUS exactly BECAUSE he believes in an imperial presidency, one immune from accountability for criminal behavior. Of course "his association with Trump" matters.

Also, there's the heritage people's list that trump promised to pick from for all SC justices. Bret wasn't on it. Bret was nobody's pick until Muller, then self pardons became important.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:56 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Sure - it's happened over and over to people who have tied their wagon to Trump's star. People who may have been a bit sketchy on their own (e.g. Cohen, Manafort) but managed to live without public controversy. Add Trump and they're both on the way to jail. Others had decent careers that were ruined by working for Trump. Others, like Sessions, were secure and respected (at least by his own voters), now he's a punching bag. Pretty much everybody Trump associates with gets screwed. Always have, President* or not. It's just Kavenaugh's turn in the barrel.
I see your point, but I don't believe it should be that way.

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Well I don't think Trump should be President* either, but but it is what it is.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:16 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Well hell's bell's; I don't like Trump either; but that doesn't mean I should automatically dislike everyone else.
I pick and choose who, but because I don't like them is not a reason to smear them.
I like to think I have a smidgen of human compassion about me.

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:47 pm
O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:
Well hell's bell's; I don't like Trump either; but that doesn't mean I should automatically dislike everyone else.
I pick and choose who, but because I don't like them is not a reason to smear them.
"Liking" may have little to do with it. I (generally) liked Nikki Heat when she was Governor of SC. I thought she was pretty decent for a Republican. During the campaign, she said (not necessarily in these words) that Trump was scum. Then he made her Ambassador to the UN and she's demonstrably a lying dog breath as well as worsening relations with the organization her job is intended to improve relations with. Bottom line Trump is a long time known quantity who was slimy in business, fake and slimy in TV, and increasingly slimy with increasing power. Anybody who would join him has sold their soul and deserves what they get.

Your mama probably told you that if you lie down with dogs, expect to get fleas. Or maybe hers was "a person is known by the company he keeps" or something similar. Or maybe she told you that if you put an ounce of swill in a vat of wine, you get a vat of swill, but if you put an ounce of wine into a vat of swill you still have a vat of swill. No good person can stay good working for Trump, and all eventually pay the price.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:16 pm
... Your mama probably told you that if you lie down with dogs, expect to get fleas. Or maybe hers was "a person is known by the company he keeps" or something similar. Or maybe she told you that if you put an ounce of swill in a vat of wine, you get a vat of swill, but if you put an ounce of wine into a vat of swill you still have a vat of swill. No good person can stay good working for Trump, and all eventually pay the price.
One bad apple spoils the barrel.
No good comes from evil.
Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's nominee.
"You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a chauvinist pig.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:41 pm
Apparently, some former LEOs side with our criminal, sexual assaulting POSPOTUS rather than the experts, other LEOs.

Police chief forced to tell Trump it is 'a fact' sex crimes go underreported as president demands Kavanaugh assault evidence
O Really wrote:
"Liking" may have little to do with it. I (generally) liked Nikki Heat when she was Governor of SC. I thought she was pretty decent for a Republican. During the campaign, she said (not necessarily in these words) that Trump was scum. Then he made her Ambassador to the UN and she's demonstrably a lying dog breath as well as worsening relations with the organization her job is intended to improve relations with. Bottom line Trump is a long time known quantity who was slimy in business, fake and slimy in TV, and increasingly slimy with increasing power. Anybody who would join him has sold their soul and deserves what they get....
Your timing is impeccable. Also on Sunday:
Nikki Haley Declines To Echo Trump's Skepticism About Kavanaugh Accuser

... In a pair of tweets on Friday, Trump attempted to discredit Christine Blasey Ford’s accusations by questioning why she didn’t immediately report her allegations to law enforcement in 1982 when both she and Kavanaugh were high school students.

Haley, appointed to her post by Trump, was asked on CNN’s “State of the Union” whether she was “comfortable” with the president’s comments.

“The message I’m comfortable with is that accusers go through a lot of trauma and some handle it one way and some handle it the other way,” Haley told host Jake Tapper. “Regardless, you never ― it’s not something that we want to do, to blame the accuser or try to second guess the accuser.”

She continued: “We don’t know the situation she was going through 35 years ago. We don’t know the circumstances. ... What I’ve said often is she deserves respect. She deserves to be heard. Kavanaugh, who has been accused, deserves to be heard. And I think we’ll get all our answers” within a few days.

Trump’s tweets highlighted the common ― and misguided ― notion that victims of sexual assault will typically respond by calling the police and that something must be amiss if they don’t. In fact, nearly two-thirds of women who are raped or sexually assaulted don’t contact law enforcement officials....
This time, POSPOTUS, his Trumpettes, Kavanaugh fanboys and people like Leo Lyons have gone too far for the usually reliable lapdog. She sides with well known facts, the Houston police chief and victims rights, instead.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:
"Liking" may have little to do with it. I (generally) liked Nikki Heat when she was Governor of SC. I thought she was pretty decent for a Republican. During the campaign, she said (not necessarily in these words) that Trump was scum. Then he made her Ambassador to the UN and she's demonstrably a lying dog breath as well as worsening relations with the organization her job is intended to improve relations with. Bottom line Trump is a long time known quantity who was slimy in business, fake and slimy in TV, and increasingly slimy with increasing power. Anybody who would join him has sold their soul and deserves what they get.

Your mama probably told you that if you lie down with dogs, expect to get fleas. Or maybe hers was "a person is known by the company he keeps" or something similar. Or maybe she told you that if you put an ounce of swill in a vat of wine, you get a vat of swill, but if you put an ounce of wine into a vat of swill you still have a vat of swill. No good person can stay good working for Trump, and all eventually pay the price.
You made your point. I never said I supported anyone in politics; I despise labeling someone because of who they know or work with.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 am
"people like Leo Lyons..."
You just can't survive without personal attacks can you? Had I made comments as such, or any of those you've launched in your last few posts, you would have been desperately screeching about putting me on "uber-ignore", which, as you know, really hurts my feelings. :roll: :roll:
Grow up Vrede; this is an adult forum, not a grade-school playground.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

It appears our illustrious Feinstein, who is running screeching over postponing the nomination hearings again, has found a new accuser of Kavanaugh.
According to the news report I saw this morning, he's now accused of exposing himself when he was in college; and "several dozen" witnesses can corroborate the claim. This sounds as though he flashed his willy in front of at least 36-48 people (several being 3-4 people--vocabulary.com).

Really. Must be proud of that thing.

O Really
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:56 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:
Add Rosenstein to that list, whether or not he quits/gets fired. Wharton undergrad, Harvard Law, outstanding record as prosecutor, real superstar. Then came Trump and after this job he'll be writing tell-alls instead of practicing law.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:32 pm
It appears our illustrious Feinstein, who is running screeching over postponing the nomination hearings again, has found a new accuser of Kavanaugh.
According to the news report I saw this morning, he's now accused of exposing himself when he was in college; and "several dozen" witnesses can corroborate the claim. This sounds as though he flashed his willy in front of at least 36-48 people (several being 3-4 people--vocabulary.com).

Really. Must be proud of that thing.
Did you just make up the Feinstein claim, or was that from one of your news sources?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 pm
Did you just make up the Feinstein claim, or was that from one of your news sources?
I suppose you could say I made it up, but I based it on my earlier post where I said I feel that Feinstein is involved in the sudden appearance of the letter claiming sexual assault.

The most recent claim of Kavanaugh flashing his willy while in college also has overtones of a smear job, because the drunk "devout Catholic" "couldn't remember the exact details" very clearly", but "several dozen witnesses" could back up her claim.

Senate Democrats Investigate a New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct, from Brett Kavanaugh’s College Years
(I feel it's a stall tactic.)

Again, I don't know if Kavanaugh's guilty or not; I don't care, but if he is, he should man up; although that would not be an offense that would keep him from doing the job he's being considered for.

O Really
Admiral

OMG! California citizen sends her complaint to her senior California Senator, who is a ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Where in the world did she get the idea to send it to Feinstein?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:05 pm
OMG! California citizen sends her complaint to her senior California Senator, who is a ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Where in the world did she get the idea to send it to Feinstein?
Guess...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:05 pm
Ford first contacted her own congressperson when Kavanaugh was announced as being a possible nominee. The congressperson recommended the letter to Feinstein.
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.