Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Vrede too »

k9nanny wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:45 pm
Voter wisdom? Pardon my skepticism.
Well ... McCrory was elected, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope.
It's my hope when it comes to stupid Amendments, not something I would bet on.

Tom Price's Private Jet Scandal Is Even Worse Than You Think

... Those trips included a visit to a Georgia resort, where Price and his wife own property, more than a day ahead of his scheduled appearance at a conference, as well as a trip to Nashville, Tennessee, where he had lunch with his son.

Earlier Politico reports have documented more than two dozen trips taken by Price on charter flights since May, costing taxpayers more than $400,000. On the Nashville trip, for example, Price reportedly took a Learjet despite the availability of commercial flights from D.C., spending more than $17,000 on the round-trip airfare....
Kudos to Price for working so hard to compete with DeVos, Carson, Zinke, Perry and Pruitt for WORST agency head!
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I couldn't have said it better myself...
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/po ... roy-moore/

"I’m Out of Empathy. I’m Out of Pity. I’m Out of Patience.
Roy Moore is a lawless theocratic lunatic, and those who support him are destroying our democracy."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

“There is no such thing as evolution,” he said at one point as he waited for his lunch. Species might adapt to their environment, he continued, but that has nothing to do with the origins of life described in the Bible. “That we came from a snake?” he asked rhetorically. “No, I don’t believe that.”

Some have progressed further than others, Roy.
1312. ETTD.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Bet he believes in talking snakes.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sometime Lefty wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:58 pm
:D :thumbup:

Without talking snakes we wouldn't be here at all.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Sometime Lefty wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:58 pm

He's a Harry Potter fan.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Roy Moore is a lawless theocratic lunatic, and those who support him are destroying our democracy."

" If you think that Roy Moore belongs in the Senate, then you are a half-bright goober whose understanding of American government and basic civics probably stops at the left side of your AM radio dial. "

Hey, that my PhD sister, my bank president BIL and my do nothing but inherited millions BIL you're talking about, but it's true and well said.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:02 pm
k9nanny wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:45 pm
Voter wisdom? Pardon my skepticism.
Well ... McCrory was elected, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope.
It's my hope when it comes to stupid Amendments, not something I would bet on.
Oh, hell. I meant Cooper.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:26 am
Oh, hell. I meant Cooper.
:D I didn't even notice. :oops:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Kudos to Price (gone) for working so hard to compete with DeVos, Carson, Zinke, Perry and Pruitt for WORST agency head!
I forgot to mention Mnuchin, and we have a new contender, Dolt .45's nominee to head the Office of National Drug Control Policy, Rep. Tom Marino, R-PA:

After exposé, Trump says he’ll ‘be looking into’ his choice for drug czar post

I watched part of the devastating 60 Minutes report, yuck.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Donald Trump's latest tweets!

Rep.Tom Marino has informed me that he is withdrawing his name from consideration as drug czar. Tom is a fine man and a great Congressman!
(Liked by 5531 idiots.)
. . . that helped kill tens of thousands of Americans for money?

Dolt .45 has a bizarre definition of "fine".
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:54 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Kudos to Price (gone) for working so hard to compete with DeVos, Carson, Zinke, Perry and Pruitt for WORST agency head!
I forgot to mention Mnuchin, and we have a new contender, Dolt .45's nominee to head the Office of National Drug Control Policy, Rep. Tom Marino, R-PA (nomination withdrawn)

We have a new contestant!

CIA chief makes incorrect claim about Russian meddling

What, a Tea Party Dolt .45 appointee from Kansas with no Intel management experience lied? Say it ain't so!

Not an agency chief, but White House chief of staff Gen. John Kelly wants in on the action:

Video undermines White House attack on Rep. Wilson over condolence calls
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:36 am
O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 pm

"If you think that Roy Moore belongs in the Senate, then you are a half-bright goober whose understanding of American government and basic civics probably stops at the left side of your AM radio dial. "

Hey, that my PhD sister, my bank president BIL and my do nothing but inherited millions BIL you're talking about, but it's true and well said.
Found:
49 States: You couldn't elect a dumber person than Trump
Alabama: Hold My beer
Roy Moore Says Gay Marriage Ruling Is 'Even Worse' Than 1857 Pro-Slavery Decision
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Republicans are floating the idea of lowering the 401k contribution cap from 18k per year, down to 2.4k per year.

Thoughts?

Seems like it would hurt the middle class. Also, dissuade people from saving for retirement, which we already know many don't do anyway.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I took a trip over to one of everyone's favorite conservative forum to get the conservative view of this, as it seems like a pretty big deal, and it's good to get a balanced view of things. Especially given that all of the members are successful upper middle class business owners possessing an above average intelligence. I see plenty of complaining about "snowflakes". I see a thread about a SJW mom closing her business down, and another thread about things that piss off liberals, but nothing about this development yet.

It's more appealing to read about straw-man non-issues getting knocked down and feeling victorious, I guess. Gotta feed the outrage flames and keep up the good fight.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

401(k)'s are arguably the best Republican idea they ever passed. Named after the section of IRS Code that allows pre-tax savings, the plans were lightly used until around mid-80's - at least in part because there was suspicion that "there's gotta be a catch somewhere." But by mid-90's the popularity of the plans was sharply rising, and helped to lead to the total downfall of defined benefit pension plans funded by employers. But overall, it was/is a win/win for all. At first offered mostly to salaried/white collar employees, it's now a common/expected benefit in most all medium to large employers.

So currently most plans allow employees to contribute up to 10% of their income and the company matches the first 6%. The current $18K max is well enough for the vast majority of participants. But cut that down to $2,400 and it makes a huge difference. A guy making $50,000 couldn't contribute but 5% - not even up to the current employer match level. A guy making $25,000 a year could contribute 10% but practically nobody at that pay level can or does contribute 10% now. So the effect over, say, 10 years, would be a savings Armageddon for plan participants, and wouldn't increase tax revenues very much because of the false assumptions. Sure you'd collect more taxes if everybody was contributing $18k and then dropped pre-tax to $2.4k, but that's not the way it works. And the taxes on savings are deferred - not ever really lost as revenue.

So the idiotic proposal would make one of the best employee benefits ever fairly worthless, piss off a huge number of employees (hopefully voters) including all levels from management down, create pressure on employers to do something to replace the benefit, take potential retirement savings away from a large chunk of the population, increasing senior-age poverty, and all for minimal short-term and zero long-term gain for revenue.

Idiots.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:32 am

Idiots.
republicans
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:40 am
I took a trip over to one of everyone's favorite conservative forum to get the conservative view of this, as it seems like a pretty big deal, and it's good to get a balanced view of things. Especially given that all of the members are successful upper middle class business owners possessing an above average intelligence. I see plenty of complaining about "snowflakes". I see a thread about a SJW mom closing her business down, and another thread about things that piss off liberals, but nothing about this development yet.

It's more appealing to read about straw-man non-issues getting knocked down and feeling victorious, I guess. Gotta feed the outrage flames and keep up the good fight.

I miss the giggle pages. Especially supersuckersalesmanager's tag-a-long idiocy. Tell him I said come on over for a spanking.