Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
k9nanny
General

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by k9nanny »

Very creepy, there could very well be others, and I'm fine with it if this is what he goes down for. But, we've all heard about or been more closely connected to even more awful things. Am I wrong to think that what he's done in the 38 years since is worse? And, does that mean that those that didn't already think that he is a very bad man won't change their views now?
I'm not sure "worse" is the right word. What he's done since is more far reaching, affecting the population at large. What he did to those girls was personal, and we can never know how much it affected their lives. Keeping a secret is an emotional burden, made even heavier by a victim's tendency to blame herself, because she knows society will blame her. We're talking about 38 years ago, when few would have believed them and many would shrug it off as not a big deal. We are talking about Alabama, after all.

Just like Trump's supporters, Moore's supporters won't abandon him. Count on it. I saw a comment, "We have too many rules about sex."
Se Non Ora, Quando?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I really have no words for these people. I understand that if you're a Republican in Kansas or wherever, you might give lip service support to any Republican Senate candidate over the Dem - simply for the partisan advantage of maintaining majority. But Moore has been booted twice from his court position and disbarred for legal malfeasance, he's espoused craziness like "Muslims shouldn't be allowed in Congress" and other theocratic drivel. He's expressed views way worse than those that have gotten many other candidates booted ("I'm really not a witch"... "legitimate rape", etc.) and he's not accomplished anything that might offset that awfulness. Yet all is cool until he gets accused of (relatively) minor sexual misbehaviour from long ago. Unbelievable.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Thanks, I meant "worse" in terms of reason not to vote for him. I agree with GoCubsGo's post more than I'm saying that he's even worse than I thought.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:44 pm
Judge* Moore, surprising no one at all....
Moore defenders are the same folks that adore Louisiana's Duck Dynasty even though racist, homophobic Double D Phil is a phony Vietnam chickenhawk that started dating a 13 year old girl when he was already an adult.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I've done a lot of harassment investigation, and - in an employment context - I've never found one case where the complainant actually bothered to report an incident, file a charge, go through an investigation and where there was nothing there or the charge was completely made up. Sure, sometimes it's exaggerated, sometimes misunderstanding, sometimes different view/interpretation of "facts", sometimes the tale gets bigger as time goes on. But never yet where there was nothing.

So I believe the women accusing Moore. Having said that, however, there are some details I find missing so far. Corfman reports "... On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear." So what preceded this event? Were they making out, somewhat voluntarily on her part? What was she doing when he began to "take off her shirt"? Just stand/sit there? We're talking an apparently maturish 14-year old, who apparently went for a ride with Moore, not some 8-year old snarfed into the ice cream van. If she went along with it, it makes her look complicit, though not excusing the action of a 32-year old. If she tried to reject him, it makes him look worse. But in any case, the event didn't start with "he took off her shirt."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Odds are that there are some specific details that the reporter didn't ask for or didn't include if she related them, and she admits her own failings. I can't imagine any that reduce Moore's legal and moral culpability.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

No, it wouldn't, as in most places even totally consensual sex with a 14 year old would be a crime. But if she started out a willing participant, and he "took her home" when she asked, then it would be more like the teacher/student thing that often, in some views, gets a "where was she when I was in school" attitude. But I don't so much care what the answer is as I care about how the answer could be used by those who defend him and to defame the victim.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yeah, that's similar to my thoughts at the top of the page, with the caveat that I wonder if he did the same or worse to other girls that haven't come forward. It seems odd that this would only happen in his early 30s, even with him marrying a 24 year old in his late 30s.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Moore is totally a lying dog breath, and says all the things everybody (rightly) accused of this say. First deny, then take affront, then attack the accuser, then say something really stupid that no innocent person would say, like, "I never dated any of the girls without their mother's permission..." :crazy:

His best answer would have been, "she was 14?! Holy shit, I had no idea. She told me she was 18. All these years and I never had a clue she was 14! If he had said that, then the specifics of what he did (take off the shirt, etc.) wouldn't have been that big a deal. He could agree in general with her statement, insist he had no way of knowing her age, and then shut up.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's Alabama, he was probably older than some of the mothers, too. :D

At least one of what were then girls said that her mother encouraged the relationship.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Former collegue in the prosecutor's office with Moore - "Fmr Dep. DA Theresa Jones, who worked alongside Roy Moore, tells CNN: “It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird…We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall…""

Original tweet by Teresa Jones: "I have no doubt these stories [about Roy Moore] have validity." pic.twitter.com/oPWaeKrS8W

https://flipboard.com/topic/liberal/for ... ogress.org

Click on the name Teresa Jones in the article. Name partner in a big Sarasota law firm. Not going to be real easy for Moore to push her around.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Clever. Doesn't just nail Moore but also puts a bunch of others on the spot.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:27 pm
It's Alabama, he was probably older than some of the mothers, too. :D

At least one of what were then girls said that her mother encouraged the relationship.
And maybe some of them were his cousins.
I had a friend whose mother would pound the table and say "Gotta have a man!" Of course, she waited until her daughters were 17 before she started nudging them towards (what she perceived as) high society.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

From the Facebook page of a "friend", proud to be a Deplorable. There's more. A reporter bribed a woman to make up charges.
In the wake of sexual assault allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, political strategist and Breitbart editor Steve Bannon has said the claims are political hit jobs. The people of Alabama know exactly what is going on and Roy Moore will win the election.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/10/mar ... l-assault/ .
image.jpeg
Se Non Ora, Quando?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/politics/ ... index.html
Dottie Finch
"At first, I really wasn't sure how I felt about the situation," said Dottie Finch, "but then I look at it this way: I don't have the best past, and to have it be brought up after years of speculation and never anything being said about it, I don't know just because he's trying to prove himself that now people want to come out of the closet and accuse him of things.
"And if it has happened, I believe the good Lord has forgiven him and he has the right to continue to prove himself."
She said that she stands by him "100%" and that she will continue to support him even if the allegations were true.
"I would power forward and keep on supporting him, just like I have with Donald Trump as our president."
If the allegations are true, "I think that would just be between him and his good Lord," she added. "Even if they prove to be true, I still would support Roy Moore because I feel as if that happened in the past."
Who cares if he was a pedophile, it's in the past and it's between him and the lord.

Alabamans would rather vote for a pedophile than a Democrat. Let's look at Moore's opponent, Doug Jones:
He served as a United States Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama appointed by President Bill Clinton, and rose to prominence for prosecuting the remaining two Ku Klux Klan perpetrators of the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing which killed four African-American girls, along with securing an indictment against the Olympic Park Bomber.[1]
Shit, let's vote for the pedophile instead.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

To be accurate, it's not pedophilia if an adult is attracted to postpubescent children, it's just creepy and illegal sexual abuse.

It's not that white evangelical (mostly) males are hypocrites, they sincerely support sexual abuse and assault.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 am
To be accurate, it's not pedophilia if an adult is attracted to postpubescent children, it's just creepy and illegal sexual abuse.

It's not that white evangelical (mostly) males are hypocrites, they sincerely support sexual abuse and assault.
Wonder where Senator Thad I screw farm animals weights in on this.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It doesn't matter what age the farm animals are. ;)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:08 pm
It doesn't matter what age the farm animals are. ;)
There oughta be a law
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tell Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell:

"Take an immediate clear stand against Roy Moore. Publicly commit that you will not seat him in the Senate Republican caucus if he is elected."
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

"...clear stand..."
Yeah, like that's going to happen in three lifetimes. :roll: