Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by rstrong »

k9nanny wrote:
The Bible calls a woman "the weaker vessel"; to be protected by her man. Given the direction that many "men" are going today, that is a joke
It's that weaker vessel nonsense that is a joke.
That's the doctrine of men, formulated to subjugate women to fit their needs.
Just so. Declaring that only a male can be in charge. Assuming that only a man can provide protection, let alone that women can't protect themselves equally well in modern society. Dictating that the man - and only the man - is the head of the household. Ruling out the possibility of an equal partnership because... just because.

Religion is used to give misogynists with small penis syndrome an illusion of superiority.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

If men were truly superior in any way, they wouldn't need all these rules and mechanisms of repression to enforce it. Whether through prescience, insight or just dumb luck, ancient religions misogyny is now a desperate resort for those that can't handle the fact that culture has proved men to not be superior at all and science that has made them nearly biologically irrelevant.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Men have the "jump up and touch the awning" gene.

Perhaps not biologically relevant, but still important to many of us.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"If men were truly superior in any way, they wouldn't need all these rules and mechanisms of repression to enforce it. Whether through prescience, insight or just dumb luck, ancient religions misogyny is now a desperate resort for those that can't handle the fact that culture has proved men to not be superior at all and science that has made them nearly biologically irrelevant."
"Culture has proved..." What a laugh! Modern "culture" has turned men into jellyfish.
Like I said, a real man keeps his household together. A real man doesn't clamor to be a woman ... unless he's a God-hating liberal.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:"Culture has proved..." What a laugh! Modern "culture" has turned men into jellyfish.
Like I said, a real man keeps his household together. A real man doesn't clamor to be a woman ... unless he's a God-hating liberal.
rstrong wrote:Declaring that only a male can be in charge. Assuming that only a man can provide protection, let alone that women can't protect themselves equally well in modern society. Dictating that the man - and only the man - is the head of the household. Ruling out the possibility of an equal partnership because... just because.

Religion is used to give misogynists with small penis syndrome an illusion of superiority.
Needed repeating.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:
k9nanny wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"The Bible calls a woman "the weaker vessel"; to be protected by her man. Given the direction that many "men" are going today, that is a joke"
"It's that weaker vessel nonsense that is a joke."
That would depend on who wears the pants in the family.
It's doesn't imply that the woman is physically or mentally weaker; it means that the man is expected to be the protector of his home and his family.
I can only imagine someone breaking into a home late at night and the husband hiding behind his wife saying "git 'im honey, git 'im!"
Again, what with the direction of many men in today's society, that statement about the weaker vessel would be a joke.

"That's the doctrine of men, formulated to subjugate women to fit their needs."
I had forgotten that you came up during the bra-burning, Women's Lib era; I guess old habits and thoughts are hard to break. Have you ever tried that new laxative for older libbers? It's called "You Go Girl!". You obviously need some!
"Just so. Declaring that only a male can be in charge. Assuming that only a man can provide protection, let alone that women can't protect themselves equally well in modern society."
That's not the assumption at all; nor was was it referring to "modern society".
It's saying that the man should be man enough to assume those responsibilities, in any society. Sorry that didn't work out in your household.

"Dictating that the man - and only the man - is the head of the household. Ruling out the possibility of an equal partnership because... just because.
Because why? Tell us, Oh Wizened One ... you obviously weren't "the man" to head your household. :shock:

"Religion is used to give misogynists with small penis syndrome an illusion of superiority."
Your short-comings (no pun intended) were never mentioned in the Bible; it spoke of real men.

Do I need to repeat this? Maybe type it a bit slower so you'll comprehend? Larger type?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:"Religion is used to give misogynists with small penis syndrome an illusion of superiority."
Thanks for proving my point once again.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

If anyone knows cowardly jellyfish . . .
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B has a habit of creating a certain set of assumptions in his hypotheticals that happen to match his views. Sorta like the engineer, architect, and economist stranded on a desert island with only a case of canned beans. The engineer suggested heating the cans until they exploded; the architect said the beans would be all over the island if they didn't build an enclosure; the economist say, "I'd assume a can opener."

But if he wants to observe that in most animals, the male is usually larger, more predatory, and frequently protective of his mate and little ones, and that that is also usually true with humans, he's got a point, whether he gives it a Biblical or biological basis. On the other hand, a claim that the male is always the one to be the leader or protector comes only from someone who hasn't seen a mama bear or a woman taking care of her injured or ill mate.

In real life, roles vary according to circumstances, and yeah, if my wife is Rhonda Rousey-ish and we get jumped on the street I'm definitely not feeling like a jellyfish to say "go get 'im, Honey." From a more realistic standpoint, Lady O and I have a practice we follow when we're out on a trail by ourselves and encounter certain types of people - usually males hiking alone. We walk in a line, with a distance of about 10 feet between. Whoever is in the lead walks past the guy, maybe saying "hi" but not stopping. If for whatever reason the guy engages us (directions, chatter, whatever), one keeps his/her distance, with hiking pole and bear spray close at hand. Teamwork. Not jellyfish.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:
rstrong wrote:"Religion is used to give misogynists with small penis syndrome an illusion of superiority."
"Thanks for proving my point once again."
Your short-comings (no pun intended) were never mentioned in the Bible; it spoke of real men.
No ... you proved MY point; thanks. Your penis obsession is noted in Vrede's Book of Noted Quotes.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"If anyone knows cowardly jellyfish . . ."
I thought you and rstrong were big-time buds? He gotcha again, rstrong. :thumbup:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

...and again, and again...

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:Mr.B has a habit of creating a certain set of assumptions in his hypotheticals that happen to match his views ... But if he wants to observe that in most animals, the male is usually larger, more predatory, and frequently protective of his mate and little ones, and that that is also usually true with humans, he's got a point, whether he gives it a Biblical or biological basis ... On the other hand, a claim that the male is always the one to be the leader or protector comes only from someone who hasn't seen a mama bear or a woman taking care of her injured or ill mate."
The male of the most dominant and Intelligent ( :roll: ) of the varying species is supposed to be the leader and protector of his family; I didn't say he's "always the one". As far as an animal mother versus a human mother, the human mother is way ahead of the animal kingdom in infanticide.
Men too are highly capable of taking care of their injured or ill mate.

"In real life, roles vary according to circumstances, and yeah, if my wife is Rhonda Rousey-ish and we get jumped on the street I'm definitely not feeling like a jellyfish to say "go get 'im, Honey." From a more realistic standpoint, Lady O and I have a practice we follow when we're out on a trail by ourselves and encounter certain types of people - usually males hiking alone. We walk in a line, with a distance of about 10 feet between. Whoever is in the lead walks past the guy, maybe saying "hi" but not stopping. If for whatever reason the guy engages us (directions, chatter, whatever), one keeps his/her distance, with hiking pole and bear spray close at hand. Teamwork. Not jellyfish."
A slight change in topic, but what if your wife isn't "Rhonda Rousey-ish"? If the male hiker was to attack your wife, what would you do with your hiking pole and bear spray? You wouldn't stand idly by. That's protecting. Not jellyfish.

I'm not saying that a man should be in absolute control; that's what you all are making it out to be for baiting's sake; you all aren't stupid; you know exactly what I'm talking about.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:
bannination wrote:"Or option 2: You weren't going for anything that makes logical sense. I mean that's religion... but I just thought you were throwing out a new idea I hadn't heard about before."
Either you're stringing me along or just plain baiting ... I don't know how else to explain to you. I'm stopping here.
Do you happen to have a dictionary of words in the bible and their real meaning? Any other ones besides days == years, etc?

Oh, and I've already got the silent "not" in women should remain () silent.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"Do you happen to have a dictionary of words in the bible and their real meaning? Any other ones besides days == years, etc?"
Do you?

"Oh, and I've already got the silent "not" in women should remain () silent."
You wanna decipher that?
Maybe you're saying you're the head of your house and you've got your wife's permission to say that? :lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Mr.B wrote:Since I posted at 10:37 am this morning, exactly 200 views of this thread were tallied .... but nobody's joinin' ...
(dang busy-bots!)
bannination wrote: ''...somebody's reading''
03/31/2017 9:09 pm ... In total there are 17 users online :: 3 registered, 2 hidden and 12 guests
but nobody's joinin'

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
Mr.B wrote:Since I posted at 10:37 am this morning, exactly 200 views of this thread were tallied .... but nobody's joinin' ...
(dang busy-bots!)
03/31/2017 9:09 pm ... In total there are 17 users online :: 3 registered, 2 hidden and 12 guests
but nobody's joinin'
Who needs analytics when they have you. I hope you don't think you're getting paid.
:lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote: "Who needs analytics when they have you. I hope you don't think you're getting paid." :lol:
No... just rubbin' it in.

Did you know you're drunk? I see everything updownsided and crrooked. :shock:

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
bannination wrote: "Who needs analytics when they have you. I hope you don't think you're getting paid." :lol:
No... just rubbin' it in.

Did you know you're drunk? I see everything updownsided and crrooked. :shock:
Oh, so that's why you mention it so often. You think I care about a popularity contest. :-H