Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Whack9
Commander

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Whack9 »

A good compromise on the removal of Confederate Civil War era statues (well, those of the confederacy's generals, at least) to those decrying "removing our history" is to erect statues of Union generals in their place. The Confederacy was a foe of the United States, the country we all currently live in (North and South), and the country that fought the Confederacy in the American Civil war.

Replacing monuments to Confederate generals with Union generals helps us remind ourselves of the civil war, and the United States of America's victory in vanquishing its enemy.

USA!
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:00 pm
A good compromise on the removal of Confederate Civil War era statues (well, those of the confederacy's generals, at least) to those decrying "removing our history" is to erect statues of Union generals in their place. The Confederacy was a foe of the United States, the country we all currently live in (North and South), and the country that fought the Confederacy in the American Civil war.

Replacing monuments to Confederate generals with Union generals helps us remind ourselves of the civil war, and the United States of America's victory in vanquishing its enemy.

USA!
You may be on to something. It might not be that hard with clay, plaster, plastics, etc. for a midnight artist to alter CSA statues into being Union ones.

I don't know the percentages, but many folks would be satisfied with erecting statues of Union generals (or slaves or abolitionists) alongside the slaver/traitor participation trophies, or otherwise adding context to them with the addition of plaques, etc. I think adding whips and full S & M gear would better tell the story, but that's just me.

Rebel:

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:41 pm
that's just me.

A lard-ass drag queen! Dammit boy! :lol: :lol:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:49 pm
Leo, Leo, Leo...you'd be so much better off if you just posted your own comments.
I'm rather partial to memes because I can post my own comments after I get up off the floor laughing at y'all raising hell at me for posting them. You might say I'm a glutton for punishment; :lol: but it's all in fun to me. That's one reason why I smirk at Vrede combing the internet for every tittle of a protest or petition to someone or some entity demanding they bend to his website's demands.

Your latest "if...then why" cartoon is, as most of those are, patently ridiculous.
That's the idea; see above.

First, sagging pants are pretty offensive to almost everyone except the relatively small group that finds it fashionable.
Watch it! Vrede will brand you as racist and homophobe!

Secondly, that particular statue did not become "suddenly" offensive, but it along with several other vestiges from an obsolete time has been under significant criticism for several decades.
Whatever; Trumper started all this with his "we're going to build a beautiful wall" bullshit. :cussing:
Whack9 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:45 am
Sagging pants are tacky. Every time I see someone wearing them I can't help but laugh a little at how ridiculous they look.
Watch it! Vrede will brand you as racist and homophobe! They look downright trashy and nasty to me; I don't care what race is wearing them. I've even seen Black girls, no white girls though, wearing saggies. (BTW, I can't recall ever seeing a Mexican with sagging pants.)

But the same applies to people wearing camo as a fashion accessory. It's ugly, it looks tacky, and it looks downright stupid.
Agreed. 10 Types of People Who Wear Camo

I think clothing worn by the aristocracy in the renaissance era looks ridiculous too.
It's too late to bash them though.

But whatever man. Someone might say the same thing about how I dress.
That's why I don't wear a dress!! :lol:
Seriously though, summertime find me in shorts and a short-sleeve shirt. I rarely wear knit/polo shirts, and never a tee shirt. Winter time now finds me in a warmer clime wearing the same! I suppose some would find my dress strange.

One other "fashion" I find totally ridiculous is in the idiot that goes into a "fashionable" store and plops down a couple hundred for a pair of jeans that has had the legs slashed all to hell.... Image

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

As for statues of Confederate generals, something else I read recently that's interesting -

Why aren't there many statues of General Longstreet, one of Lee's most trusted generals and just as important to the CSA as others like Stonewall Jackson?

After the civil war, Longstreet joined the Republican party, supported reconstruction, and even went on to lead black state militia troops against white supremacists in New Orleans in 1874. That could have something to do it I suppose.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/opinions ... index.html
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:59 am
Why aren't there many statues of General Longstreet, one of Lee's most trusted generals and just as important to the CSA as others like Stonewall Jackson?
https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/opinions ... index.html
I haven't heard that name spoken in a long time. I found this on Wikipedia:
Equestrian statue of General Longstreet on his horse Hero
in Pitzer Woods at Gettysburg National Military Park

‘‘General Longstreet is remembered through numerous places that bear his name in and around Gainesville, Georgia, including Longstreet Bridge, a portion of U.S. Route 129 that crosses the Chattahoochee River (later dammed to form Lake Sidney Lanier), the local Longstreet Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, and the James "Warhorse" Longstreet chapter of the non-profit WarFighters Motorcycle Club.

In 1998, one of the last monuments erected at Gettysburg National Military Park was dedicated as a belated tribute to Longstreet, an equestrian statue by sculptor Gary Casteel. He is shown riding on a depiction of his favorite horse, Hero, at ground level in a grove of trees in Pitzer Woods, unlike most generals, who are elevated on tall bases overlooking the battlefield.

The Longstreet Society is an organization and museum in Gainesville, dedicated to the celebration and study of his life and career. The General Longstreet Recognition Project is an educational project of the Agribusiness Council Heritage Preservation Committee aimed at broadening public awareness of Longstreet's military and public service.

Longstreet's Billet is the house in Russellville, Tennessee that was occupied by Longstreet in the winter of 1863–64, has been converted into The Longstreet Museum, which is open to the public.’’

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

College football today, @#24 OR -32 vs. Bowling Green, which made me look and find that the

Bowling Green massacre

has its own fairly long Wiki page with a yuuuge list of References.

:D :thumbup:

This led me indirectly to:

Newspaper documents 'everything that happened in Sweden last night' following Donald Trump comments
Aftonbladet put together a helpful guide for those left puzzled by the President's references to terrorist attacks

Ah, simpler times - back when such stupidity was still fresh enough to persist in the memory longer than 3 days.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Pics from the real Bowling Green massacre..
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... e/5417171/

8 classic Corvettes fall into sink hole at Corvette Museum :crybaby:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:52 am
Pics from the real Bowling Green massacre..
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... e/5417171/

8 classic Corvettes fall into sink hole at Corvette Museum :crybaby:
That's one way to "vette" subsurface stability. :wave:
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Whack9 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:45 am
But the same applies to people wearing camo as a fashion accessory. It's ugly, it looks tacky, and it looks downright stupid.
Vrede once expressed a liking for camo. I found this that just might boost his ego:

Would be smart thinking on Vrede's part; :thumbsup: his date can't laugh at what she can't see.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Funny stuff at the link

https://observer.com/2018/09/marco-rubi ... -me-again/

You're a frat boy
No I'm not, you're a clown
No I'm not, you are
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:56 pm
Funny stuff at the link

You're a frat boy
No I'm not, you are
Is it okay to like Alex Jones a little bit more now? :D
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:04 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:56 pm
Funny stuff at the link

You're a frat boy
No I'm not, you are
Is it okay to like Alex Jones a little bit more now? :D
Or lil Marco.

So many decisions.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:37 am
Hannity Guest: Science Proves Trump Is The 'Most Sound-Minded' President Ever

What some people will say to peddle a book :roll:
“My book actually uses science and real data and true psychological theory to explain why it is quite possible that this president is the most sound-minded person to ever occupy the White House.”
I can think of about 7 ways that no real scientist would ever write that sentence. She apparently does hold a doctoral degree in Industrial Psychology, but it looks like she's only worked as a rightwing pop psychologist on the radio and TV, never actually been a psychologist in any fashion.
https://heightline.com/gina-loudon-bio- ... net-worth/
https://drginaloudon.com/about/

Q: What do they call a person that graduated at the very bottom of their med school class?
A: Doctor.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not that it's not a worthwhile occupation, but "industrial psychologist" is to real psychologists like acupuncturists are to real doctors.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:55 am
Not that it's not a worthwhile occupation, but "industrial psychologist" is to real psychologists like acupuncturists are to real doctors.

https://www.williamwoods.edu/

I don't see that they offer anything other than undergraduate degrees in psychology.

Reckon that why she calls herself "Dr. Gina".

And true, not one word that she's ever done anything in the field of psychology, other than talk radio, teapeople events, and hanging out at maralago.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:55 am
I wouldn't know, I had to look it up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industria ... psychology
Sounds legit, but you probably know more about it in reality. Even it is questionable for her, see below.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm
https://www.williamwoods.edu/

I don't see that they offer anything other than undergraduate degrees in psychology.

Reckon that why she calls herself "Dr. Gina".

And true, not one word that she's ever done anything in the field of psychology, other than talk radio, teapeople events, and hanging out at maralago.
You're correct, no real psychology after school, if even then.

The bios are weird. One says, "while pursuing her bachelors degree at William Woods University", and they both refer to, "master’s degree, from St. Louis University". It's not clearly stated where she supposedly got her Ph.D.
Doesn't have one?
Unaccredited school?
Online diploma mill?
Offshore diploma mill?
Usually, you can't shut people up about where they got their doctorate from.

Hah, I googled after typing the above. This 2010 article, while tearing her apart on multiple issues, says:
"The PhD that "Dr. Gina Loudon" so proudly presents on her website is a "Ph.D. in human behavior" from an online university in California. Gina Loudon calls herself a 'politicologist.'"

I also found, 2015:

Wow, it sure is easy to become a “psychology expert” on Fox News

This 2014 one is funny:

The Encyclopedia of American loons - #895: Gina Loudon

Aside: Just out of curiosity I decided to look up Loon #1.
May 2010 - #1: Mike Adams

Adams runs the website NaturalNews.com, one of the most disturbing cesspits of quackery on the net....
Sounded familiar, turns out we've mentioned NaturalNews.com a couple of times here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=612&p=17924&hilit=N ... com#p17924
O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 pm
Vrede wrote:I think you misunderstood me, I did not question the graph's percentages. Rather, I find your choice of sources to be odd for a doctor, and think Frezza's whining about the GOP being blamed is pretty lame.

I'd guess the Doc (wneglia) is more selective in his oncology sources than in his political sources. If he weren't, he'd be finding his medicine here... http://www.naturalnews.com/033847_chemo ... ments.html
Then, this non-contentious 2016 exchange between rstrong and me:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=351&p=68749&hilit=Full+size#p68749
Continued on next page.
1312. ETTD.