Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:35 pm
A more apt comparison would be 1700 statues on public land of children being beaten.
Are white supremacists also upset that Germany got rid of its Nazi monuments (well, they probably are), that Kampuchea got rid of its Pol Pot monuments, that Uganda got rid of its Idi Amin monuments and Russia got rid of its Stalin monuments?
Children being beaten? Nothing in your link addresses that.
The point of the meme is not what (or who) the statues stand for; the question, that you are skirting around and twisting out of proportion, asks how lives are suddenly improved by their being torn down. I've not seen anything in the news where these crowds of angry people are now sitting around in circles singing "Michael Rowed a Boat to Shore".

There is no pride in much of this nation's history, (or any other nation's for that matter) but lawless acts of destruction of statues and other monuments only add to the ugliness of what the statues and monuments stood for to begin with. Again, they stood for years; the sudden destruction of them improves nothing.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Leo, Leo, Leo...you'd be so much better off if you just posted your own comments. Your latest "if...then why" cartoon is, as most of those are, patently ridiculous. First, sagging pants are pretty offensive to almost everyone except the relatively small group that finds it fashionable. Secondly, that particular statue did not become "suddenly" offensive, but it along with several other vestiges from an obsolete time has been under significant criticism for several decades.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:49 pm
Leo, Leo, Leo...you'd be so much better off if you just posted your own comments. Your latest "if...then why" cartoon is, as most of those are, patently ridiculous. First, sagging pants are pretty offensive to almost everyone except the relatively small group that finds it fashionable. Secondly, that particular statue did not become "suddenly" offensive, but it along with several other vestiges from an obsolete time has been under significant criticism for several decades.
"With there ass showing" ... :lol: :lol:

The question remains though, O Really; how did the unlawful destruction of a statue improve anyone's life? This latest episode cost three (for now) people a police record, possible jail time, and fines. Is that a life improvement? A wrong does not make a right!

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:01 pm

The question remains though, O Really; how did the unlawful destruction of a statue improve anyone's life? This latest episode cost three (for now) people a police record, possible jail time, and fines. Is that a life improvement? A wrong does not make a right!
Sometimes you just have to do something that will get "there" attention. If a cause is important enough for a significant number of people to risk the police record, the jail time (nogonnahappen on this), the bashing, the ridicule, etc., maybe the tone-deaf "authorities" might ought to give some honest attention to the issue.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:24 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:08 pm
Now that the statues are down, tell us how the lives of you slaver/traitor lovers and other white racists are worse.
Take your time, I'll wait.
You goofy-ass ditt-willy. First, what are you doing out of your safey-place and replying to my post when you're desperately trying to convince the others you're ignoring me by not reading or replying to my posts?

Your post had been quoted, moron, and I have never said that I don't open an occasional post of yours, anyhow. You are on ignore. If you want to join Mr.B in thinking I'm lying about that, I will laugh at and pity you like I did him.

Second, where in that meme do you see any hint of my being a "slaver/traitor (traitor? :headscratch: )

The Rebels were traitors, duh. History much?

lover"?

You're defending the pathetic participation trophies, duh.

The meme asks the question how lives are improved by the destruction of public property.

Despite quoting it, you're cowering from my response demonstrating what a stupid meme it is.

Maybe black lives are improved by hanging their ass out in the wind? Does that scene turn you on?

We get that you're racist and a homophobe, duh.
Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:55 pm
... Yes, I understand our history of slavery, but it's just that; history. I still have the wide leather belt that Daddy used to whip our asses with, but he's not here anymore; so the past is just that -- the past. Would tossing it in the trash improve my life? ...
Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:42 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:35 pm
A more apt comparison would be 1700 statues on public land of children being beaten.
Are white supremacists also upset that Germany got rid of its Nazi monuments (well, they probably are), that Kampuchea got rid of its Pol Pot monuments, that Uganda got rid of its Idi Amin monuments and Russia got rid of its Stalin monuments?
Children being beaten? Nothing in your link addresses that.

Children being beaten is YOUR metaphor, moron. I just removed it from the stupidity of your home to more accurately reflect the actual monument controversy.

The point of the meme is not what (or who) the statues stand for; the question, that you are skirting around and twisting out of proportion, asks how lives are suddenly improved by their being torn down.

Again, I didn't skirt around anything, moron. You quoted my response mocking how stupid the question is, then cowered from it. Find someone with better comprehension skills to explain it to you.

I've not seen anything in the news where these crowds of angry people are now sitting around in circles singing "Michael Rowed a Boat to Shore".

That's just dumb, they work on other racial injustices. We've got plenty. Pay attention.

There is no pride in much of this nation's history, (or any other nation's for that matter) but lawless acts of destruction of statues and other monuments only add to the ugliness of what the statues and monuments stood for to begin with. Again, they stood for years; the sudden destruction of them improves nothing.

In NC, VA and maybe other states the Big Brother Leg. has banned local governments, schools and other public entities from moving or removing the statues. For example UNC and the students wanted Silent Sam moved. I have mixed feelings about citizen destruction as a tactic, but it is inevitable when democracy is repressed.
This is why you are on ignore. You are a depressing tar pit of dumb, whiny and wussy. O Really's reply to you made me curious, but I gained nothing by opening these two posts.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
For example, your UNC's Silent Sam.

Timeline

June 2, 1913

The monument is dedicated on commencement day. The unveiling features speeches by Governor Locke Craig and Julian Shakespeare Carr, a Confederate veteran, local industrialist, and trustee of the University. In his speech, Carr lauds the Confederate army's "sav[ing] the very life of the Anglo Saxon race in the South" and recalls "horse-whipp[ing] a negro wench until her skirts hung in shreds" for insulting a white woman on Franklin Street.
An illustrious speech, it just makes my heart swell with NC pride. :roll:

It's been a pile of filth from Day 1.
May 11, 1937

UNC's Wigue and Masque puts on "Say the Word," an original play set on campus. The Daily Tar Heel reports that it includes the following scene:

"a college professor...is conducting his class beneath the poplar trees upon the university campus. In the background stands the monument of a Confederate soldier with a gun in his hand. Legend has it that the gun will go off if a virgin passes beneath the statue.

A coed passes in front of the class. The professor...clears his throat and pulls at his collar. He continues with his lecture. The same coed passes again. The professor has difficulty in speaking. She passes for the third time. 'Class dismissed,' stammers the professor and takes off after the coed.

The students go into a song and dance number and then the stage is cleared. After a pause the professor enters, walks slowly and dejectedly across the stage, his hair rumpled. As he passes beneath the statue, the gun goes off with a loud report.

The audience at the opening performance of 'Say the Word' last night in Memorial Hall selected this as the hit scene of the show."

This appears to be the first mention of this legend about the Confederate Monument in the Daily Tar Heel, but it seems to have originated years earlier. Later in the week, in a very critical review of the play, Daily Tar Heel editor Bill Hudson refers to the myth as an "old local wisecrack."
:D
May 23, 1940

Students opposed to the United States becoming involved in World War II hold a peace rally in Memorial Hall and plant white crosses around Silent Sam. During the rally, students who support American entry into the war throw eggs and rotten vegetables onto the stage during an anti-war skit. UNC president Frank Porter Graham intervenes, quelling the conflict temporarily. The same evening, students burn the crosses around Silent Sam.
Burning crosses, hmmm.
May 3, 1959

P.W. Carlton, a senior reflecting on his time at UNC in The Daily Tar Heel says of Silent Sam:

"Dear old Sam, the object of student wrath and indignity for better than 100 years, stands stolidly upon his tarnished pedestal, scrupulously refusing to the meet the eyes of passers by, unruffled by his new coats of blue or green or red paint and by the lingerie displays which frequently dorn [sic] his rifle barrel. No sound has he made in the history of the school, much to the chagrin of some few saintly coeds who wished to prove a point."
:D
March, 1965

A letter to the editors of the Daily Tar Heel by student Al Ribak, titled "Silent Sam Should Leave," sparks discussion in the newspaper about the monument's meaning and history, whether it is a racist symbol, and whether it should be removed from campus.
More than half a century of opposition is not "sudden".
May 18, 1967

Poet John Beecher, a descendant of author and abolitionist Harriet Beecher Stowe, "debates" Silent Sam by reading to the statue from his book of poetry To Live and Die in Dixie.
April 8, 1968

Silent Sam is splashed with paint and tagged with graffiti as demonstrations erupt around the country following the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The next day, student volunteers scrub the statue and decorate it with small Confederate flags. They are asked to remove the flags and do so.
November 19, 1971

The Black Student Movement and the the Afro-American Society of Chapel Hill High School hold a gathering and protest at Silent Sam in memory of James Cates, a young black man murdered in the Pit by members of a white motorcycle gang on November 20, 1970, and William Murphy, a black man shot and killed by a highway patrolman in Ayden, N.C. on August 6, 1971.

The Black Student Movement holds a march in memory of James Cates, starting at Silent Sam.
I'll stop quoting there. The link shows how blacks and their allies continued to see Silent Sam as a daily insult and reminder of NC's past and ongoing racism until its predictable toppling.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Kinda interesting that leo keeps a little relic of dad's brutally (the belt) hidden away in his own personal museum.

Or does he hang it prominently for his children and grandchildren to see and fear?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

There are a lot of good and bad causes and issues in the world, and nobody can care/do anything about all of them. In some contexts, statuary is pretty minor. I could understand (without necessarily agreeing ) someone saying "whatever...take it down, leave it up, it doesn't affect me." Having said that, however, I'd also say that once a person decides to defend a side, there's only two sides to pick from. And one of them is in defense of slavers and slavery and those who fought to keep it. Whether taking that side makes one a racist might be arguable, but it certainly puts them in the same group as those who are.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:55 am
Kinda interesting that leo keeps a little relic of dad's brutally (the belt) hidden away in his own personal museum.

Or does he hang it prominently for his children and grandchildren to see and fear?
Maybe he liked getting the spankings......
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:00 am
There are a lot of good and bad causes and issues in the world, and nobody can care/do anything about all of them. In some contexts, statuary is pretty minor. I could understand (without necessarily agreeing ) someone saying "whatever...take it down, leave it up, it doesn't affect me." Having said that, however, I'd also say that once a person decides to defend a side, there's only two sides to pick from. And one of them is in defense of slavers and slavery and those who fought to keep it. Whether taking that side makes one a racist might be arguable, but it certainly puts them in the same group as those who are.

Pretty much sums it up
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

I've not once said I agreed with the presence of any statue; whether it represented Liberal, Conservative, or I Don't Really Give a Damn factions.
My point in this is simply asking how lives are improved by the lawless destruction of public property.

It appears O Really is the only one with enough common sense to make any sort of sensible replies to the question; thank you.
You other three are idiots.
billy.pilgrim wrote: Kinda interesting that leo keeps a little relic of dad's brutally(sic) (the belt) hidden away in his own personal museum.
GoCubsGo wrote:Maybe he liked getting the spankings......
My dad's "brutally" made a hell of a better man of me than either of you cubbie-boys can ever dream of being. I never got a spanking I didn't deserve.
Vrede too wrote:If you want to join Mr.B in thinking I'm lying about that, I will laugh at and pity you like I did him.
It appears Vrede is still obsessing with Mr.B. Get over it Vrede, time will heal your hurting heart.
It'll be tough going, but time will heal us of living for your pity as well.

If anyone is to be pitied, it would be you. You're the hateful narcissist. All you have to do is compare any of your replies to "cons" throughout this entire "debate" forum. It's not a debate forum anyway, it's an anonymous venue for YOU to hide behind your almighty keyboard, so as to vent and rage at others. Pity you? I laugh at you, not in humor necessarily, but in sheer disgust and loathing. That's what you want, isn't it? Isn't that what you get off on?
Last edited by Leo Lyons on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:24 pm
I've not once said I agreed with the presence of any statue; whether it represented Liberal, Conservative, or I Don't Really Give a Damn factions.
My point in this is simply asking how lives are improved by the lawless destruction of public property.

It appears O Really is the only one with enough common sense to make any sort of sensible replies to the question; thank you.
billy.pilgrim wrote: Kinda interesting that leo keeps a little relic of dad's brutally(sic) (the belt) hidden away in his own personal museum.
My dad's "brutally" made a hell of a better man of me than you or cubbie-boy can ever dream of being.

btw, it appears Vrede is still obsessing with Mr.B. Get over it Vrede, time will heal your hurting heart.

Your children may dispute that. Abuse is hard to cure, often taking many generations.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:33 pm
Your children may dispute that. Abuse is hard to cure, often taking many generations.
I have no children. I have never been abused.
Your snide comments reflect your childhood. I feel pity for you.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:

Of course you support the pitiful slaver/traitor participation trophies. Don't lie. No one sane initiates and then defends ad nauseam a topic he doesn't care about. You are sane, aren't you?

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:53 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:08 pm
Now that the statues are down, tell us how the lives of you slaver/traitor lovers and other white racists are worse.
Take your time, I'll wait.
The meme asks the question how lives are improved by the destruction of public property.

Despite quoting it, you're cowering from my response demonstrating what a stupid meme it is.

Maybe black lives are improved by hanging their ass out in the wind? Does that scene turn you on?

Leo Lyons wrote:
The point of the meme is not what (or who) the statues stand for; the question, that you are skirting around and twisting out of proportion, asks how lives are suddenly improved by their being torn down.

Again, I didn't skirt around anything, moron. You quoted my response mocking how stupid the question is, then cowered from it. Find someone with better comprehension skills to explain it to you.

I've not seen anything in the news where these crowds of angry people are now sitting around in circles singing "Michael Rowed a Boat to Shore".

That's just dumb, they work on other racial injustices. We've got plenty. Pay attention.
Couldn't find anyone else to explain it to you, could you? Or are you just cowering from the challenge and this is now your hat trick of deflection.

I'm feeling generous. Just so you don't humiliate yourself again, this entire response is to what billy.pilgrim quoted, not to any new post of yours that I've opened.
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:53 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
You goofy-ass ditt-willy. First, what are you doing out of your safey-place and replying to my post when you're desperately trying to convince the others you're ignoring me by not reading or replying to my posts?
Your post had been quoted, moron, and I have never said that I don't open an occasional post of yours, anyhow. You are on ignore. If you want to join Mr.B in thinking I'm lying about that, I will laugh at and pity you like I did him.
Leo Lyons wrote:
btw, it appears Vrede is still obsessing with Mr.B. Get over it Vrede, time will heal your hurting heart.
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:08 pm
In reality, crybaby, I'm linking to when 'Schrödinger's Douchebag', like you, last arose here, giving rstrong credit for inventing or bringing the phrase here, and leaving him a quote notification for whenever he returns.

Most folks here do not think that you're Mr.B/Seth Milner/homerfobe and I accept their opinion though I remain less sure. It doesn't matter one way or the other. When relevant, I'm happy to say that you're an old white racist Douchebag like they are. I'm glad it upsets you, thanks. Will this make you feel better?

That being likened to Mr.B triggers you so every time is an added bonus.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:00 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Of course you support the pitiful slaver/traitor participation trophies. Don't lie. No one sane initiates and then defends ad nauseam a topic he doesn't care about. You are sane, aren't you?
I'm not defending it, I'm asking the shown question, you pitiful attention-seeking dumb fu*k.

Of course it's stupid -- to you.

OK, now it's clear. Anyone who thinks pants hanging around a man's ass is stupid and disgusting, is a racist and homophobe. Shit like that may turn you on, but a vast majority of the public find it repulsive. You probably already know this, but sagging pants originated in prison where a prisoner advertised his ass is available for sex. You like that, huh?
Leo Lyons wrote:
I may have to. You, for damn sure don't have enough sense or comprehension skills to explain anything, because you're too wrapped up in your self-important narcissism to make any sensible replies.

They've got other songs too.
I'm feeling generous. Just so you don't humiliate yourself again, this entire response is to what billy.pilgrim quoted, not to any new post of yours that I've opened.....Your post had been quoted, moron, and I have never said that I don't open an occasional post of yours, anyhow. You are on ignore.
Bless your heart. That's so sweet of you; I've totally underestimated how kind you can be.
You can run screeching back to your little hidey-hole** safe place now, knowing with confidence that everyone here knows you don't read my posts. (not that I care one way or the other) We all know that someone of your fine character is not about to let something get posted that might mention you, :-|| :-||

Leo Lyons wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:08 pm
In reality, crybaby, I'm linking to when 'Schrödinger's Douchebag', like you, last arose here, giving rstrong credit for inventing or bringing the phrase here, and leaving him a quote notification for whenever he returns.
Most folks here do not think that you're Mr.B/Seth Milner/homerfobe and I accept their opinion though I remain less sure. It doesn't matter one way or the other. When relevant, I'm happy to say that you're an old white racist Douchebag like they are. I'm glad it upsets you, thanks. Will this make you feel better? That being likened to Mr.B triggers you so every time is an added bonus.

I don't mind being likened to Mr. B., he's a helluva lot more decent person than you, despite our own differences. What I find to be so damn funny is how he outed you and you absolutely can't stand he got the best of you; he must have because you keep bringing his name up! There's your real added bonus! :lol: :lol:
** Uh-oh! you see that? I used a Mr. B. phrase!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

ALEC Exposed

The petition to AT&T, UPS, FedEx, Pfizer, State Farm, Chevron, Anheuser-Busch and Comcast reads:

"Corporations must stop funding ALEC's racism and right-wing extremist agenda."
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

I would hate to awaken every morning and spend the rest of my day poring over wingnut websites to see what I could protest next. I guess some people just need to get a life.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Sagging pants are tacky. Every time I see someone wearing them I can't help but laugh a little at how ridiculous they look.

But the same applies to people wearing camo as a fashion accessory. It's ugly, it looks tacky, and it looks downright stupid.

I think clothing worn by the aristocracy in the renaissance era looks ridiculous too.

But whatever man. Someone might say the same thing about how I dress.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!