Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Vrede too »

k9nanny wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 pm
Yee-haw!!!!!!!!!!
I was seriously pessimistic, and figured the single issue voters (abortion) would ensure Moore's win.
This is too delicious. The Pervert-in-Chief is also a loser. Wonder whom he'll blame?
In 100% of available Alabama races the Pervert-in-Chief's endorsement is the kiss of death.

The exit polls are interesting, if not surprising.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I haven't read Trump's response yet this morning, but it would seem he's in a bit of a pickle no matter what he says. First idea would be to blame the "fake media" and Democratic slime for besmirching the reputation of a fine man, but then he just steps deeper into the dog shit that is Roy Moore. It would be natural for him to distance himself from any "loser" but there are all those clips of his stumping hard for Moore. Whoever wrote his tweet last night (and I'm really sure it wasn't Trump) did a good job, I thought.

O Really
Admiral

Speaking of Moore and his costume stunts -

The majority of Alabama voters message to Moore: "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on" :lol:

O Really
Admiral

Ha!

"But in an effort to save face on Wednesday, he [Trump] insisted he had actually had it right all along -- recalling his earlier support for incumbent Sen. Luther Strange in a primary, before he was defeated by Moore, in what was seen at the time as another bad political bet by the President.
"The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!" Trump tweeted."
:lol:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:41 am

The majority of Alabama voters message to Moore: "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on" :lol:
In their minute of coverage Fox claims the loss is an indictment of Harvey Weinstein and has nothing to do with thumper
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 am
Ha!

"But in an effort to save face on Wednesday, he [Trump] insisted he had actually had it right all along -- recalling his earlier support for incumbent Sen. Luther Strange in a primary, before he was defeated by Moore, in what was seen at the time as another bad political bet by the President.
"The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election. I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!" Trump tweeted."
:lol:
But, Moore would have won if not for the child molestation that was not known when he won the primary. Dolt .45 lies to make himself look good, again.

Also:
"If last night’s election proved anything, it proved that we need to put up GREAT Republican candidates to increase the razor thin margins in both the House and Senate."

Dolt .45 blamed Moore, the AL GOP primary voters and whoever is stacking the deck, nary a hint of his having any responsibility.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 am
Alabama Senate Special Election - Moore vs. Jones

Weird, the 3 most recent polls, 12/6 or 7 - 12/9 or 10, show:
FOX News - Jones +10
Emerson - Moore +9
Monmouth - Tie

billy.pilgrim, you're our Alabama expert, what's your guess? I'll predict Moore +3. I'm least certain about the extent to which Moore voters will abandon him in order to protect the state's economy.
The fox poll is shamelessly fake on two fronts
Outrage the right to get out the vote and
Next time there is a poll they don't like they can tell about the nameless poll that showed loser Jones up by 10.

I'm hoping Jones, but would bet on Toy Story Woody in a close race
Jones by 1.5%. billy.pilgrim and I are better pollsters than Faux Noise and Emerson. :D
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:26 am

Dolt .45 blamed Moore, the AL GOP primary voters and whoever is stacking the deck, nary a hint of his having any responsibility.
As it turns out, though, Trump was right despite himself. He did support Strange. If Strange had won the primary, none of this mess would have occurred and he would have won handily last night. But he made a baaaaad bet (although not really unreasonable) that Moore would still prevail in such a Republican-dominated state as Alabama. If Moore had won, Trump could still claim to have been "right" and claimed credit for the win. As is, no matter what he says/claims, he's a loser on this one.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I for one am disappointed that we didn't get to learn about the strange Strange sexual habits.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:37 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:06 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 am
Alabama Senate Special Election - Moore vs. Jones

Weird, the 3 most recent polls, 12/6 or 7 - 12/9 or 10, show:
FOX News - Jones +10
Emerson - Moore +9
Monmouth - Tie

billy.pilgrim, you're our Alabama expert, what's your guess? I'll predict Moore +3. I'm least certain about the extent to which Moore voters will abandon him in order to protect the state's economy.
The fox poll is shamelessly fake on two fronts
Outrage the right to get out the vote and
Next time there is a poll they don't like they can tell about the nameless poll that showed loser Jones up by 10.

I'm hoping Jones, but would bet on Toy Story Woody in a close race
Jones by 1.5%. billy.pilgrim and I are better pollsters than Faux Noise and Emerson. :D
Fox did just fine. As no polls showed a ten point spread, it can be assumed that it was as I said, a fake poll to inflame the base to get out the vote.

And be prepared to see it used in 2018 as proof that polls aren't accurate
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 am
I for one am disappointed that we didn't get to learn about the strange Strange sexual habits.
Not Big Luther

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
... Fox did just fine. As no polls showed a ten point spread, it can be assumed that it was as I said, a fake poll to inflame the base to get out the vote....
I get what you're saying and I wouldn't put it past Faux Noise, but a big 10 point margin discourages voters, not incites them. That's why turnout efforts ALWAYS say that it's very close even when it really isn't.

You're surrounded by Moore counties. :shock: :(
http://www.cnn.com/election/2017
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:14 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
... Fox did just fine. As no polls showed a ten point spread, it can be assumed that it was as I said, a fake poll to inflame the base to get out the vote....
I get what you're saying and I wouldn't put it past Faux Noise, but a big 10 point margin discourages voters, not incites them. That's why turnout efforts ALWAYS say that it's very close even when it really isn't.

You're surrounded by Moore counties. :shock: :(
http://www.cnn.com/election/2017
NW Florida makes Alabama seem liberal - well, not dothan. Besides, I'll always call Lee county home and it only shares a small boundary with tallapoosa - where in 1972 deppities arrested my wife for picking blackberries, almost shot my dog and hallucinated me running through the woods.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:05 am
Vrede too wrote:
Not Big Luther

Is there something out there or just his name

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:24 pm

No sex that we know of, just garden-variety sleaze...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/28/us/a ... range.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:24 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:05 am
Not Big Luther
Compensation? :o Poor little Luther, he will forever be the incumbent that lost to the guy that lost to the first Dem AL Senator in 25 years.

One group fought Roy Moore longer and harder than most:

The Ten Commandments Judge: A Quarter Century of Roy Moore's Unconstitutional Efforts to Mix Law and Religion

Email:
Last night, the eyes of the nation were on the Alabama Senate race.

And we had a special connection to it, because we know Roy Moore very well.

Twice, we filed judicial ethics complaints that got him removed as Alabama’s chief justice. The latest time came just a year ago after Moore ordered state officials to defy the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark ruling on same-sex marriage.

We were quiet during the election because our nonprofit status prohibited us from endorsing anyone in the race.

But now I can say that I feel a tremendous sense of relief and pride in my state.

Voters here saw through the demagoguery of a man who repeatedly put his extreme religious beliefs above the law.

They saw through the hypocrisy of a man who preyed on young girls while suggesting that gays and lesbians should be executed to protect children from them.

They rejected a man long associated with white supremacists who has lamented the constitutional amendments passed after the Civil War to prevent states from abusing their power.

They saw Roy Moore for who he is – a raging bigot who is unfit to serve in any public office.

Today is a great day not just for us in Alabama, but for every person in our country who rejects bigotry and values the rule of law.

Today we celebrate. Tomorrow it’s back to work.

Sincerely,
Richard Cohen
President, Southern Poverty Law Center
:clap:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:41 am

Already stolen, thanks.
Roy Moore's Horse
@RoyMooresHorse

I did not ask for this. I am just a horse. I had no choice in the matter. My name is "Sassy." For real.
I DID NOT CHOOSE THIS LIFE.
PLEASE, IF HE WINS HE WILL RIDE ME INTO WASHINGTON AND I AM SCARED OF CARS.
@RoyMooresHorse for US Senate
NO THANK YOU
I AM TERRIFIED OF CROWDS
AND THE FLOORS ARE SO SLIPPERY
I AM OVERJOYED TO BE SO SUDDENLY IRRELEVANT
IF @GDouglasJones WINS DOES THAT MEAN I GET TO LIVE WITH HIM
I WOULD PREFER THAT
Hollow Souls
@hollowsouls2

They cheated soros interfered
WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING TO A HORSE
THE HORSE IS UNCOMFORTABLE UNDER THE ASSHOLE
I HAD NO CHOICE
I KNOW THINGS ABOUT ROY MOORE THAT WILL HAUNT YOUR SOUL
I AM BEING BULLIED
AND CONTROLLED BY A RACIST
WHERE ARE MY AVENGERS TICKETS
ALSO, WHAT IS THE AVENGERS
Comment elsewhere:
The horse would trot much better if you removed its rear end from the saddle.
Also, a lot of people are saying that he was riding poorly. I haven't bothered checking.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"Experts say Roy Moore lost the election due to write-in candidates. Due to write-in candidates. Moore was furious and said, 'Once again, I am done in by my old enemy, literacy.'"
-- Conan O'Brien
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

More Moore riding details... https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ro ... f75afe5d51

One comment: Sassy (the horse) is 14 - Coincidence?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

American fascists are most easily recognized by their deliberate perversion of truth and fact.
—Vice President Henry A. Wallace