Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote: "Oh, so that's why you mention it so often. You think I care about a popularity contest." :-H
You needn't care; you'd still lose. :-H

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:
bannination wrote: "Oh, so that's why you mention it so often. You think I care about a popularity contest." :-H
You needn't care; you'd still lose. :-H
I lose by not having to spend as much money? Jesus, I see why Vrede calls you a moron.
:---P

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"I lose by not having to spend as much money?" :---P
It costs you more money to have more members? What kind of moron would have a venture like that?

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
It costs you more money to have more members? What kind of moron would have a venture like that?
This moron does, I make the money back on the comedy of reading your posts. -0-?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Funny, I thought that EVERY OUTFIT IN THE WORLD that provides a free service has higher costs if there are more participants, but maybe I'm a moron. Perhaps I'll start a charitable church. If I keep serving more and more needy people, at some point I'll pass the zero cost point and start making money.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
This moron does, I make the money back on the comedy of reading your posts. -0-?
That's contradictory.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:Funny, I thought that EVERY OUTFIT IN THE WORLD that provides a free service has higher costs if there are more participants, but maybe I'm a moron. Perhaps I'll start a charitable church. If I keep serving more and more needy people, at some point I'll pass the zero cost point and start making money.
Vrede --- "I thought" --- :lol:
Vrede --- moron --- :thumbup:
Vrede --- church --- :lol:
Vrede --- serving the needy --- :lol:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"Funny, I thought that EVERY OUTFIT IN THE WORLD that provides a free service has higher costs if there are more participants..."
Only if they're spending more money to accommodate or pay extra for those free services.

"but maybe I'm a moron."
I'll be nice; I won't go there.

"Perhaps I'll start a charitable church."
What? and have Ol' Scratch pass out?

"If I keep serving more and more needy people, at some point I'll pass the zero cost point and start making money."
If a bullfrog had wings ....

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
That's contradictory.
See what I'm talking about? Hilarious! Your post only cost me ~.002 cents, which is more than it's worth, but still!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"See what I'm talking about? Hilarious! Your post only cost me ~.002 cents, which is more than it's worth, but still!"
Frugality is worth it's weight in gold ....

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Restrong, O Really, banni, and vrede.... y'all give me hope that the MrBs of this world are becoming obsolete.

It's all about teamwork.
Equality does not mean being the same.

You go, guys!
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

k9nanny wrote:"Restrong, O Really, banni, and vrede.... y'all give me hope that the MrBs of this world are becoming obsolete."
Won't live to see it; revel in it, taunt anyone over it, or feel any satisfaction from it.
Don't sweat the small stuff.

"It's all about teamwork. Equality does not mean being the same."
Or ever being the same. Nothing that you, I, Restrong, or any of the above mentioned, are gonna change the world, or live long enough to realize any "teamwork".

You go, guys!
You will; it won't be as long as it was yesterday.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:.... y'all give me hope that the MrBs of this world are becoming obsolete....
"becoming"?

Related: In the 1980s I and a small group protested outside an Aryan Nations gathering at Richard Butler's compound in Hayden, Idaho. At one point one of the idiot neonazis yelled at us, "Y'all went out in the 60s."

My friend yelled back, "Y'all went out in the 40s."
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I'm not being snide here, it must be a miserable existence living a life protesting everything coming and going.

Life's too short and precious to bitch and complain about everything you don't like, and the time you have on this earth is not promised to anyone. Your voice may have a part in making some changes, but those changes can easily be reversed; so what have you accomplished?

When you wake up each morning, do you wonder what you're going to protest today, or what petition you can circulate? Do you wonder or worry what "gay" group, political group, or environmental group you'll be marching or protesting with?

I know now why I've never been an activist or professional protester; I had, and still have, better things to do with my life.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:
k9nanny wrote:.... y'all give me hope that the MrBs of this world are becoming obsolete....
"becoming"?

Related: In the 1980s I and a small group protested outside an Aryan Nations gathering at Richard Butler's compound in Hayden, Idaho. At one point one of the idiot neonazis yelled at us, "Y'all went out in the 60s."

My friend yelled back, "Y'all went out in the 40s."
What did you accomplish?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:I'm not being snide here, it must be a miserable existence living a life protesting everything coming and going.

Life's too short and precious to bitch and complain about everything you don't like, and the time you have on this earth is not promised to anyone. Your voice may have a part in making some changes, but those changes can easily be reversed; so what have you accomplished?

When you wake up each morning, do you wonder what you're going to protest today, or what petition you can circulate? Do you wonder or worry what "gay" group, political group, or environmental group you'll be marching or protesting with?

I know now why I've never been an activist or professional protester; I had, and still have, better things to do with my life.
If he were still alive, maybe my Dad would explain to you why he thought getting fire-hosed in Birmingham and walking at Selma was better than other things he could have been doing. Some people consider a "protest" not necessarily to be only "against" something but instead to be an action toward something else. It's a means of attracting attention to an issue, a means of getting people involved.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "If he were still alive, maybe my Dad would explain to you why he thought getting fire-hosed in Birmingham and walking at Selma was better than other things he could have been doing. Some people consider a "protest" not necessarily to be only "against" something but instead to be an action toward something else. It's a means of attracting attention to an issue, a means of getting people involved."
:oops: Touche' ! I suppose I could have put a mite bit more thought into my post before I said "everything coming and going". Thanks for putting me in my place.

My mind was on the protests back in November, the protesters screaming and cursing in the streets over Trump being elected; the barrage of silly petitions and "news flashes" if he even goes to the can ... something is written or protested about it. The man's in office. Petitions, hateful memes, cursing and screaming ain't gonna change a dang thing. "Let nature take it's course", so to speak. Something's gonna slip and be found out, and maybe, just maybe, he'll get drummed out.

The oil pipeline, etc. We protest if we buy foreign oil, we protest if we drill for oil here at home, we protest when we find it and want to build pipelines to carry it cross-country to sea ports, blah, blah, blah. I wonder how loudly we'd curse, scream, protest that our leaders didn't "do enough" if all of a sudden the oil supply dried up and we couldn't drive our automobiles that we are in a now useless debt for?

We protest about the ban on Muslims from radical Muslim countries, and maybe rightly so; but we have our share of home-grown radical extremists here. Experience has taught us what would happen if one bomb would take out a major power grid somewhere in the country.No electricity, no oil flowing, the disaster would trickle right on down. But, we have our protesters to speak for our sorry leaders who couldn't foresee ahead ...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Very strange to be whined at for protesting murderous, terrorist (literally) neo-nazis near my home in the 1980s when our families fought the Nazis in the 1940s. I guess some folks would have been rooting for the other team then and roots for it now. Sad.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It's also possible you confuse "protest" with "demonstration," which can be related but are not the same thing. Or may not pay attention to what the actual purpose of the effort might be. For example, I doubt there was anyone at all who ever thought the protests and demonstrations against Trump would prevent him from becoming un-elected. But he was going around talking about what a "landslide" he had, and how he had won so much, and how popular he was and what a mandate he had. Since there wasn't going to be another vote, it seems important to let him know that there are a lot of people who don't support him and the outrageous things he's said he wants to do. I'd say that in general, the people in the street made that point very clearly.

As to what would happen if the oil "suddenly ran out," there is precedent for that. You undoubtedly recall the late 70's when exactly that occurred. So what happened? People adapted, changed their driving and gas purchase habits, bought cars with better mileage, and engineers started designing better cars. A lot of the protest over oil is to encourage finding other cleaner energy. That carries over to coal, pursuit of which has turned a lot of the former "Mountain State" of West Virginia into an environmental catastrophe - or at least a catastrophe ready to occur at any time. http://earthjustice.org/slideshow/image ... val-mining

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"Very strange to be whined at for protesting murderous, terrorist (literally) neo-nazis near my home in the 1980s when our families fought the Nazis in the 1940s. I guess some folks would have been rooting for the other team then and roots for it now. Sad."
All I asked was what you accomplished.