Wingnutties out of control!

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Wingnutties out of control!

Unread post by Boatrocker »

O Really wrote:. . . That guy lives almost in Oregon, anyway. Probably some sort of Wesen . . . .
Bauerschwein, I'd guess.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Boatrocker wrote:
O Really wrote:. . . That guy lives almost in Oregon, anyway. Probably some sort of Wesen . . . .
Bauerschwein, I'd guess.
:lol: :lol:
Certainly could be a Hässlich, or maybe an Eisbiber, living close to Oregon as it does.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote::thumbup:
Here comes Bertha - emerging from the end of the tunnel. On the Bertha-cam.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... picks=true

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about racial and religious profiling. I appreciate hearing from you.

On February 16, 2017, Senator Benjamin Cardin (D-MD) introduced S. 411, the End Racial and Religious Profiling Act (ERRPA) of 2017. Among other things, this bill seeks to eliminate profiling based on perceived race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. I believe that there is no place for racism, racial (redundant) or religious discrimination,

Apparently, he's okay with ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination, just not racial or religious.

or police brutality.

:-0?> Police brutality wasn't mentioned in my note and there are lots of negative consequences of profiling that don't involve it.

It is my hope that state and local law enforcement agencies are working to protect their communities without discriminatory and overly aggressive police tactics. I serve on the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over this issue. Should this bill be considered before the Committee or full Senate, I will be sure to keep your views in mind....
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Vrede too wrote:
Senate Republicans are rushing to ram through Trump’s extremist pro-corporate Supreme Court pick.

Petition to the Senate:
Donald Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court is a right-wing extremist who consistently sides with big corporations over ordinary Americans. The deck is already stacked enough in favor of powerful corporations without entrenching a pro-corporate majority on the Supreme Court for a generation. Please support the filibuster to block Neil Gorsuch from being confirmed to the Supreme Court.
ha ha ha you whiney sniveling pos. You lost! Whine whine whine.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Lotta noise coming from that closet today.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Lotta noise coming from that closet today.
Reading or responding to homerphobe is like seeing a pile of dog shit on the sidewalk and intentionally stepping in it. The shit's still on the sidewalk, and now you've got it on your shoe, too.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Reading or responding to homerphobe is like seeing a pile of dog shit on the sidewalk and intentionally stepping in it.
The shit's still on the sidewalk, and now you've got it on your shoe, too."
Image That is so funny! Especially coming from you since you usually don't express yourself in such a manner !! <ha ha!>

I wanted to say something myself, but I didn't have a dog in that fight; best to stay out of it!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:Reading or responding to homerphobe is like seeing a pile of dog shit on the sidewalk and intentionally stepping in it. The shit's still on the sidewalk, and now you've got it on your shoe, too.
Maybe you do, I just see that there's a notification and a noisy closet.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... lice-force

Mega churches to have own police force.

What could possibly go wrong?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

billy.pilgrim wrote: "Mega churches to have own police force....What could possibly go wrong?"
The same things that could go wrong in any instance where you have armed security.
It's not a perfect world; that why they're arming themselves ... albeit professionally.
Police officers hired by Briarwood Presbyterian would need to be certified by a state standards and training commission,
according to the bill, SB193. The officers' authority would be restricted to the church's campuses and properties.
The officers would be given "all of the duties and invested with all of the powers of law enforcement officers in this state," the bill says.
This church's membership is more than the population of many small towns. With radicalism the way it is today, I say good move. :clap:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote: "Mega churches to have own police force....What could possibly go wrong?"
The same things that could go wrong in any instance where you have armed security.
It's not a perfect world; that why they're arming themselves ... albeit professionally.
Police officers hired by Briarwood Presbyterian would need to be certified by a state standards and training commission,
according to the bill, SB193. The officers' authority would be restricted to the church's campuses and properties.
The officers would be given "all of the duties and invested with all of the powers of law enforcement officers in this state," the bill says.
This church's membership is more than the population of many small towns. With radicalism the way it is today, I say good move. :clap:
If you said Christian radicalism, I'd agree. These guys are going to be more like the Taliban. This is not going to end well.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
If you said Christian radicalism, I'd agree. These guys are going to be more like the Taliban. This is not going to end well.

Reckon if they'll qualify for excess military equipment?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

One thing that could go wrong mentioned on the radio is the cover up of crimes committed by these cops, church officials or parishioners. The cops may have the training and duties of other cops, but the oversight is sketchier. There won't be anything to keep them from putting the interests of the church above the interests of the victim, public or law.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I don't care if they hire a police/military-trained security force, but I've got major concerns about them being real "police" with the same authority and powers of state and muni forces. All police officers in the US (and probably Alabama, too), are subject to state laws and oversight. If these people are employees of the church, the church is going to object to damgummintal interference in their employment issues. Why? Because that's what churches do. They get exceptions for discrimination against people not in their particular sect. They get exceptions on pay and overtime requirements for people involved in "ministry" activities. A lot of churches don't require their bookkeeper or groundskeeper to be part of the church or follow their beliefs, but they could. So they're giving people police powers without the same oversight applicable everywhere else. The fact that anybody is even arguing that this is a good idea is evidence enough they're cutting out state authority. Which begs the question - why do they need to be real police anyway? The firm formerly known as Blackwater or something similar isn't enough for them?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Who needs a police force when you have members with concealed carry permits?
What with idiots shooting up churches, a few members may be killed, but the shooter will get got...

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:Who needs a police force when you have members with concealed carry permits?
What with idiots shooting up churches, a few members may be killed, but the shooter will get got...
You're statistically more likely to get killed by the concealed carrier than by a shooter walking in and doing it.

I feel hypocritical in saying that since I very much support the right to carry.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"You're statistically more likely to get killed by the concealed carrier than by a shooter walking in and doing it.
I feel hypocritical in saying that since I very much support the right to carry."
Possibly, but I'm statistically more likely to get killed in an automobile accident on the way to church.

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
bannination wrote:"You're statistically more likely to get killed by the concealed carrier than by a shooter walking in and doing it.
I feel hypocritical in saying that since I very much support the right to carry."
Possibly, but I'm statistically more likely to get killed in an automobile accident on the way to church.
You're statistically more likely of getting struck by lightening directly from god's finger tips if you step in a church.