Chris Christie ...

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Chris Christie ...

Unread post by mike »

I dunno, if the Dems don't put up a really good candidate in 2016, I might be inclined to vote for him (I would prefer he drop about 200 ponds but that's beside the point).

What say you? :eh:

k9nanny
General

Re: Chris Christie ...

Unread post by k9nanny »

Not sure about voting for him, but I have noted, respected, and admired his storm response to Sandy and another storm earlier this year. No pussyfootin around, just GET OUT NOW!!!! The clip I've seen from SNL also shows he has a sense of humor, which seems to be in short supply among right-wingers.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

How about if he switches parties?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

palin, palin, palin, palin,
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Vrede wrote:
mike wrote:I dunno, if the Dems don't put up a really good candidate in 2016, I might be inclined to vote for him (I would prefer he drop about 200 ponds but that's beside the point).

Not really, for better or worse being somewhat telegenic is a job requirement.

What say you? :eh:
Unlikely, but 4 years is a long time in politics. Do you think that the GOP will reform enough to not make him become beholden to the wingnuts in order to win the nomination?
So is vrede suggesting he would not vote for Hillary? :o

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Vrede posted:

"Not really, for better or worse being somewhat telegenic is a job requirement."

I asked a question if Vrede's opinion would keep him from votong for Hillary. Now he is trying back track from his observation.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:
Vrede wrote:Leaving aside the fact that it's a nonsense question based on what I've posted here, I have mixed feelings...
Vrede posted:

"Not really, for better or worse being somewhat telegenic is a job requirement."

I asked a question if Vrede's opinion would keep him from votong for Hillary. Now he is trying back track from his observation.
Well, excuuuuse me for not being able to suss out your lack of specificity. It's really dumb of you to assume backtracking. Do you even realize how often you make a jerk out of yourself this way?

Now that you've explained yourself:

First, I made an observation about the American electorate, not my own choices. You are confused.
Second, I've voted for Kucinich once or twice in primaries. Obviously, telegenic doesn't matter to me. :D

As for Hillary being telegenic, it depends on which Hillary.

Fer Sure

:mrgreen:

O Really
Admiral

I think life at State has been hard on Hillary, and it appears she isn't making much of an effort with her hair anymore. I think she's tired and tired of it, and when she leaves State she'll be out of major league politics. Maybe write, maybe do charity stuff. Maybe bake chocolate chip cookies. Who knows. But I'm also pretty sure if she did decide to run, she'd clean up nicely, as she has in the past. Christie isn't a bad looking guy - he's just obese, as are some what - a third? - of US citizens and growing (pun intended). In four years, he may not even look all that fat, or he may decide to lose weight. But I'd be really worried about a President that fat, in that high-stress job, if he had a VP like, for example, Ryan. And I don't think he'd be able to get elected without working on his social skills (not that he has none, just that he doesn't use them). Tough talking rudeness may work in NJ, but other places not so much.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

O Really wrote:I think life at State has been hard on Hillary, and it appears she isn't making much of an effort with her hair anymore. I think she's tired and tired of it, and when she leaves State she'll be out of major league politics. Maybe write, maybe do charity stuff. Maybe bake chocolate chip cookies. Who knows. But I'm also pretty sure if she did decide to run, she'd clean up nicely, as she has in the past. Christie isn't a bad looking guy - he's just obese, as are some what - a third? - of US citizens and growing (pun intended). In four years, he may not even look all that fat, or he may decide to lose weight. But I'd be really worried about a President that fat, in that high-stress job, if he had a VP like, for example, Ryan. And I don't think he'd be able to get elected without working on his social skills (not that he has none, just that he doesn't use them). Tough talking rudeness may work in NJ, but other places not so much.
William Howard Taft was so fat he got stuck in the White House bathtub and had to order a replacement that could accomodate 4 grown men of normal size. Christie is 34 lbs heavier than Taft's 300 lbs.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Once Upon a Time

Image :lol:

O Really
Admiral

Grover Cleveland, too - right behind him.
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/ ... s/?page=11

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Did I just scroll past an animatronics test?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Chris Christie getting road named for him in home county

Comments:
Is it specially designed to handle wide loads?
Will it be closed for construction during rush hour?
Why not a bridge? LMAO
I clicked just for the jokes. Not disappointed.
Can't wait to see how people vandalize it.
Road to the beach? Lol
Is it the road to White Castle?
I heard he also enacted new zoning laws that only allow fast food restaurants to be built on this road.
I heard he will close it down just for himself during fourth of July.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Well deserved, no doubt.

This may be the future of politics

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1 ... =emaildkre
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”