Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:I know the story wasn't entirely true, I looked it up first...but then doesn't every article have a bit of sensationalism added to it?
Spot the Breitbart reader.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:I know the story wasn't entirely true, I looked it up first...but then doesn't every article have a bit of sensationalism added to it?
"Spot the Breitbart reader."
Nope, never touch the stuff nor do I spend my every waking moment poring over politically-charged b.s. You all ought'a try life.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

rstrong wrote:
Spot the Breitbart reader.
Spot the difference between a Bible thumper and those that honor truth and accept reality.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Breitbart is truth and reality? No thanks, I'll take being a "Bible Thumper."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:No thanks, I'll take being a "Bible Thumper."
Though obviously not a Bible reader.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I'm a reader; but I don't interpret it in the same manner as you; so as to suit what YOU want it to say.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Mr.B wrote:I'm a reader; but I don't interpret it in the same manner as you; so as to suit what YOU want it to say.
Jeezuss . . . irony just flies right over your head, don't it? You may wanna look up "projection" while you're at it, too.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote:
Mr.B wrote:I'm a reader; but I don't interpret it in the same manner as you; so as to suit what YOU want it to say.
"Jeezuss . . . irony just flies right over your head, don't it? You may wanna look up "projection" while you're at it, too."
I'm good; thanks.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Looking things up? Not gonna happen. That's a dishonest term for research. Leads to facts, which have a left-wing bias.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

rstrong wrote:Looking things up? Not gonna happen. That's a dishonest term for research. Leads to facts, which have a left-wing bias.
I forgot. A pox upon me.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote:
rstrong wrote:"Looking things up? Not gonna happen. That's a dishonest term for research. Leads to facts, which have a left-wing bias."
"I forgot. A pox upon me."
Have y'all tried Ex-Lax? A sure-cure for those brown-eyed days.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

The actual problem is why you're interpreting it instead of reading what it actually says. The reason you interpret is because you don't like what it actually says. Which hey, gives me the slightest bit of respect for you, but you still need to have that realization for yourself.

Keep reading! It's the quickest way to disbelief! :thumbsup:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"I'm a reader; but I don't interpret it in the same manner as you; so as to suit what YOU want it to say."
"The actual problem is why you're interpreting it instead of reading what it actually says. The reason you interpret is because you don't like what it actually says. Which hey, gives me the slightest bit of respect for you, but you still need to have that realization for yourself."
Perhaps I should have said "I don't understand the meaning of what I read the same way as YOU (rstrong) understands it."
You've confused me with an atheist; an atheist doesn't like what the Bible says... along with a few others who change the words.

"Keep reading! It's the quickest way to disbelief!" :thumbsup:
I'm happy with what I read .... and what I understand. :thumbup:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote: Perhaps I should have said "I don't understand the meaning of what I read the same way as YOU (rstrong) understands it."
You've confused me with an atheist; an atheist doesn't like what the Bible says... along with a few others who change the words.
I have not confused you with an atheist, and I've never met an atheist that does not like the good parts of the bible.

Interpretation is a much better word, you've routinely taken passages and intentionally made them say something else, or explained them away in that they "don't count anymore, duh!". Obviously most Christians do the same thing as you, because we don't see most of them out there killing disobedient children and gays. More obviously there are some that actually do read it for what it says and do carry it out without excuse.

The more you realize you're having to make excuses for what you read and believe in, the closer you'll get to the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Besides, the "I interpreted what you wrote instead of reading it like everything else" excuse is probably not gonna fly your way into heaven anyway.

"When I said kill the gays, I said kill the gays, are you thick Mr. B?????" "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH???"

But that's why I say there is hope for you -- you don't follow the bible.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

A decent breakdown of all things real and fake news.

Full size

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'm on a zillion lefty lists and have never even heard of the "sources" in the lower left circle. In contrast, the "sources" in the lower right circle are routinely cited by cons as authoritative. I guess lefties have higher standards and greater rational skepticism.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I've seen each of the lower-left sites - except maybe for the (something) Report one - cited.

But especially NaturalNews.com. When I used to debunk on Reddit it got cited all the time. It really is the InfoWars of the left. Like InfoWars or Breitbart, it's BS would quickly get repeated on a hundred other sites. Some claims - in particular one story claiming that most honey in stores isn't real - used to show up on more credible sites until they caught on.

Wikipedia: Natural News

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Why is it considered lefty? My experience is that health wingnuts can be right or left and the Wiki page doesn't mention anything besides health wingnuttery.

"Natural News has approximately 7 million unique visitors per month." Ugh.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

That's the nature of any left-right spectrum; it's more of a loop. The extremes start looking alike, meeting somewhere around back.

Much of the "North American Union" / "Amero" and 9/11 wingnuttery on InfoWars also appealed to the left.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote: Perhaps I should have said "I don't understand the meaning of what I read the same way as YOU (rstrong) understands it."
Reply moved to the Religion Thread