Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by rstrong »

Equifax follow-up:

Y'know how you can pay Equifax to do a "credit freeze", to prevent identity theft and other unauthorized lookups?

A funny story: It turns out that Equifax operates a secondary credit bureau that ignores credit freezes, and that's what the identity theft scammers are using.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://reason.com/blog/2018/05/08/illi ... rns-k-9s-m

"Chad Larner, training director of a police K-9 academy, claims that if Illinois legalizes pot, the state just might have to kill some of its roughly 275 pot-sniffing dogs."

Yeppers, Chad is a dumbass
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:53 am

"Chad Larner, training director of a police K-9 academy, claims that if Illinois legalizes pot, the state just might have to kill some of its roughly 275 pot-sniffing dogs."

I was going to write a note, but found this:

Decatur chief: 'Bad choice of words' that legalized pot would result in police dogs being euthanized

Sounds like he's been vilified across the country and that even his own colleagues are (somewhat) throwing him under the bus. Besides, I'll bet they're being deluged with people saying they'll take the dogs.

Stoners - 1
Cops - 0

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:02 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 7:53 am

I was going to write a note, but found this:

Decatur chief: 'Bad choice of words' that legalized pot would result in police dogs being euthanized

Sounds like he's been vilified across the country and that even his own colleagues are (somewhat) throwing him under the bus. Besides, I'll bet they're being deluged with people saying they'll take the dogs.

Stoners - 1
Cops - 0

"Bad choice of words"
almost as good as the WH statement on McCain dying -

get over it, it was just a joke for crying out loud

Just another asshat cop rationalising why millions have had their lives and families destroyed by a ridiculous law.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Brigitte Nielsen is pregnant at 54

:wtf:

If she was poor, in a few years she could collect SSI and WIC at the same time.

Man run down, 50 years after killing girl in hit-and-run

Karma?

Carma?

Would only work as a movie script on Lifetime, otherwise too unbelievable.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:43 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:34 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:32 am

We may have more bears than you do. I always thought it was the tourists for NC who call the cops over bear and alligator sightings.

They got my garbage last night and one took an absolutely huge shit on the sidewalk.
Well maybe in your neck of the woods. But in all my years in Florida south of you, and hiking/biking in the parks and woods including Ocala National Forest, I never saw one bear. I know they're there, but with the exception of your neighborhood/area they're way less visible than in WNC.
I never heard of any when I lived in citrus county (I did see a Florida lion, or panther), but they are all over the panhandle, especially around the water. I think most of ours swim over from the national seashore barrier island.

People in my neighborhood are seeing them almost daily now. Could be due to most of us getting new lockable trash cans. poor bears have to check out more houses for a meal. All us dog walkers have bear horns. They really work.

An elderly neighbor called her husband's doctor to see if his new medication could cause him to hallucinate bears. The next day her next door neighbor brought over photos of bears all over her front yard.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Body of dead teen, honored with ‘extreme embalming,’ is posed with video games, sunglasses, and snacks

IF it was me, maybe something political, backpacking/canoeing or:

You?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

A campfire or BBQ grill, I could be the ashes, complete with flickering flames (as seen on tv).

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:17 pm
A campfire or BBQ grill, I could be the ashes, complete with flickering flames (as seen on tv).
If extreme embalmed, you would be very Weekend at Bernie's.

I would prefer being used by science then:
1. Left out for the coyotes and buzzards, or tossed to the fishes, but those aren't legal.
2. Shallow grave, no embalming or casket, just let my nutrients be recycled, but may be a hassle for family.
3. Cremation is probable.

Speaking of weird things to do with a dead body:

Oakland teen Jahi McMath laid to rest nearly 5 years after being declared brain-dead

Her mother and anyone that abetted her should have been charged with abuse of a corpse.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:33 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

I would prefer being used by science then:
1. Left out for the coyotes and buzzards, or tossed to the fishes, but those aren't legal.
2. Shallow grave, no embalming or casket, just let my nutrients be recycled, but may be a hassle for family.
3. Cremation is probable.

Speaking of weird things to do with a dead body:

Oakland teen Jahi McMath laid to rest nearly 5 years after being declared brain-dead

Her mother and anyone that abetted her should have been charged with abuse of a corpse.
Some lucky Univ. of S. Ala. med student will get me. Within 2 years the school will mail mine, or someone's, ashes to my family.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:08 pm
Some lucky Univ. of S. Ala. med student will get me. Within 2 years the school will mail mine, or someone's, ashes to my family.
You could get a Sun Belt Conference rival tattoo. I propose Appalachian State University.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Not feeling the love, matter of fact it's pretty gruesome.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I always thought the open casket "viewing" thing was pretty gruesome itself. At least they're showing this kid in a somewhat natural state, sorta like being stuffed and mounted. I'm guessing the embalming guy probably has a good side gig as a taxidermist. Or maybe the embalming is the side gig.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Some weird shit and weird people in this world

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 pm

O Really wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:32 pm
I always thought the open casket "viewing" thing was pretty gruesome itself. At least they're showing this kid in a somewhat natural state, sorta like being stuffed and mounted. I'm guessing the embalming guy probably has a good side gig as a taxidermist. Or maybe the embalming is the side gig.

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:50 pm
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:33 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Or:

1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 pm

O Really wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Leo Lyons wrote:

Alright, that's a little creepy too.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Sorry.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

So many place I could have put this. This is as good as any. Let's play, guess the moron

""In February 2018, I was invited to Washington D. C. to receive an award for my strong support of Israel in commemoration of her 70th anniversary as a nation," (he) said. "Because Alabama has always been at the forefront of support of Israel and because I share a strong belief in God as the Creator and Sustainer of all life, as does Israel, I eventually accepted the invitation. Expenses were paid, and I received no private remuneration for my time or participation. I did not know Sacha Cohen or that a Showtime TV series was being planned to embarrass, humiliate, and mock not only Israel, but also religious conservatives such as Sarah Palin, Joe Walsh, and Dick Cheney.

"I do not apologize for my belief in God or the common religious and cultural heritage that Israel shares with America.

"As an Alabamian, I believe in truth and honesty, which the shadowy media groups behind this illicit scheme do not. Obviously, people like Cohen who mock not only Israel but those who support Israel and the principles upon which America is based, do not share my beliefs.

"I don't need Sacha Cohen to tell me who America is, but I can tell him that America is a proud Nation which sprang from humble beginnings and a strong belief in God, virtue, and morality.

"As an American, I would never hide my identity and deceive others only to mock and ridicule them as this Showtime Series is designed to do. America is not only about being proud but about being brave and standing for what we believe.

"I am involved in several court cases presently to defend my honor and character against vicious false political attacks by liberals like Cohen. If Showtime airs a defamatory attack on my character, I may very well be involved in another. As for Mr. Cohen, whose art is trickery, deception, and dishonesty, Alabama does not respect cowards who exhibit such traits! It's been a long time since I fought for my country in Vietnam. I'm ready to defend her again"

This could be interesting