Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by neoplacebo »

She has that on so that when she gets to the summit, she can just jump off and float back down gently, all the while looking good.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote: I like weird but . . .
The dress is just inconvenient baggage. If she'd done the hike in heels, I'd be impressed. :-||

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Too much work for some goofy pics. . . .
Especially when you could get the same effect with PhotoShop.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

neoplacebo wrote:"She has that on so that when she gets to the summit, she can just jump off and float back down gently, all the while looking good."
I'm inclined to disbelieve the claim she hiked to the top wearing that garb....I'm more inclined to believe she jumped from a plane; that's a parachute....but then the shadow to her left leads me to agree with O Really's photoshop theory. :shifty:

O Really
Admiral

I don't think they claimed she went to the top. Out of about 10,000 who try it each year, only about half make it. But there are about 50 or so trails that go around and up the mountain that are great fun and accessible to practically anyone. I believe she hiked in the dress, but not up to where the climbers are separated from the casual walkers.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Still a photoshop.

Look at the shadows of the rocks, then the shadow of that dress manufactured by Omar the Tent Maker......where's the rest of the shadow?

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:Still a photoshop.

Look at the shadows of the rocks, then the shadow of that dress manufactured by Omar the Tent Maker......where's the rest of the shadow?
Yup.

Dryer Vent
Pilot Officer

Unread post by Dryer Vent »

Why isn't there a speck of dirt on the white skirt? Not possible. If you climb to the top of Camelback, you are covered with dust and dirt and sweat. And that's a pussy hill compared to this one.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Unread post by Ombudsman »

Dryer Vent wrote:Why isn't there a speck of dirt on the white skirt? Not possible. If you climb to the top of Camelback, you are covered with dust and dirt and sweat. And that's a pussy hill compared to this one.
She's not that far from the lodge. It's perfectly reasonable to think she walked that distance.
Wing nuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.

Ombudsman
Ensign

She says in the video a couple miles and if you've been there you'd know she's not very far from the Paradise Inn. There's no reason to think this is Photoshop fakery, other than adjustments to the color and contrast of course.

bannination
Captain

The story is probably not made up, but that dress was either changed or the wear and tear was photoshopped out. I can definitely see some smoothing, and the shadows are wrong.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Vrede wrote:I don't know what video you're referring to, Ombudsman. We've been discussing the linked slideshow and its caption.
The video that's linked in the slideshow: http://temperate-sage.deviantart.com/ If you click those underlined text areas on webpages, they will often take you to other pages.

bannination
Captain

I think I'm just chalking this one up to poor journalism.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Vrede wrote:To be accurate, the video does not say she stopped at 2 miles while the caption says 7 miles, round trip I assume, and neither says where on the hike the pics were taken. Then again, the caption says "trudging over the muddy ice" while the video says she stopped when she reached the ice. Whether 2 miles up a mountain in a princess gown is "not that far" is a judgement call. That said, the video supports that she walked some distance with the gown on, I'm not sure about the whole shadow thing.
I think you should dissect every line, respond inaccurately, demand responses to irrelevant questions from the lady and the photographer then hound them endlessly about running away when they choose to ignore you.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Poor Vrede, can't even see when I'm making a point about her general demeanor.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I sometimes mow the lawn dressed in a tuxedo, but am not sure if anyone ever took a photo of me doing it. 8-)

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

In response to Florida's Lt. Governor having to resign due to her involvement with a company running illegal internet gambling cafes (not near as bad as the gov’s company overbilling medicare 2 billion dollars, but she did it while in office. Timing is so important to the average tea bagger. Gov Voldemort did his crime while in the private sector, so it was okay.), our ever so capable republicon teabaggers passed a law that will absolutely stop, for now and forever, all forms of illegal internet gambling.

They wisely made use of all cell phones and computers illegal
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Even if it were a painting of Christ, it appears that blasphemy of religion pays very well.

Some on here should go job hunting; probably would earn more.

Ombudsman
Ensign

Mr.B wrote:
Even if it were a painting of Christ, it appears that blasphemy of religion pays very well.
Really? Where can I sign up for that? Sounds like a good gig.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Me, too. I could do that. I'm ready.