Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Vrede too »

I've been part way up Etna, too, though it wasn't very active, just some visible glow.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Meh. In the era of drones, there's far more spectacular footage.

YouTube: Yasur volcano on Tanna island, Vanuatu

YouTube: Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Pretty cool, thanks, but those are from 2014 whereas the "Meh" Etna drone footage I posted on page 34 is from 2 days ago.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Now we know the rest of the story ...
I found this and was compelled to post it here, since it fit the description of someone so dear to our hearts ...

Modified : December 22,2015
How Does Bullying Start ?

One million dollar question of the world is how does bullying start? If you ask a few different people this question, you will probably get a few different answers. The truth is, bullying can start from many different situations.

•The Parents:
When it comes to bullying, a lot of people blame parents first. A lot of the time, the parents are not connected with their children as much as they should be. Sometimes a person begins to bully others because of their situation within their household. They may come from a single parent home or their parents may have just gotten a divorce. In other instances, a person may live in a poor neighborhood and their parents or guardians may not be handling the responsibility of being a parent in a way that they should. A lot of the time, being a bully is a cry for help. A lot of people find this difficult to believe, but there is a reason why one person will target another and choose to bully them.

•The Home Life
There are many neighborhoods all around the globe that have a bad reputation. If a person comes from a place where everything is negative, and there is nothing positive to set in their mind, this could lead to a series of problems, which includes bullying. Sometimes the parent or guardian cannot afford to live in a neighborhood where it is quiet and upscale. As far as children are concerned, they are creatures of habit and learn from the things that they see. If they are not instilled with morals, goals, and set on the correct path at a young age, this could be a recipe for disaster later on in their life.

•Neglect
Neglect is one of the primary reasons a child begins the bullying cycle. In this situation, a child is being a bully because they want attention. They want someone to acknowledge them. Instead of telling someone about what is going on within their home, they decide to use bullying as a form to act out. If this situation is not caught and acknowledged, it may take a while to stop this bullying process. Sometimes parents or guardians work long hours to provide a nice place to live for their children. In doing this, they may never be home or never have time for the child. This could cause a child to find the love and affection elsewhere, which is usually from the wrong crowd of role models.Learn all you need to know about Bullying.

•Having a Positive Role Model
As you were growing up, you may have had a few different role models that you looked up to and wanted to be like when you grew up. In today’s society, times are a little different. The role models today are not what they used to be. Role models today are entertainers and people a child comes in contact with on a daily basis, and not family members. Due to this fact, they may be guided on the wrong path at an early age.

•Peers
Although a family may live in a productive and positive neighborhood, a child can make friends anywhere. A school is made up of many different individuals who come from all around one area. This will be children who come from different neighborhoods. Although you may have provided a nice life at home for your child, they are still exposed to negative things at school. A child could get mixed in with the wrong crowd or do bad things just to fit in with a certain group of people.

•Siblings
A lot of the time, the younger child will try their best to follow in the footsteps of the older child. If your older child is on a rampage all the time and doing things that they are not supposed to do, the younger child will follow suit because their older sibling is their role model and they look up to them.

•Mental State
Some children are born with mental illnesses and sometimes they do not show until later on in a child’s life. Many children who cannot behave in class and often cause problems are labeled with having a behavior issue. Sometimes a child is not able to discuss their feelings in a proper manner and they act out and cause problems because they do not know of any other way to express what they are feeling.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Poor, poor desperate Mr.B, 3 bumps of his unread post now, also at least once in Just for Fun. What a pathetic cry for attention!
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Awww gee..! You must've gotten all bored and stuff and decided to read my post; how gracious of you; but I got your attention. Thank you.
I was making sure everyone got to see it as the thread was getting bumped down the list. Mission accomplished.

Why should you care if I was bumping the post anyway? I mentioned no names ... unless ... wait for it .... you saw yourself! THAT must be it!!

Let's delve into this mysterious malady called bullying; what makes someone rip into others while hiding anonymously behind a keyboard?
What makes someone project a superior attitude over other's thoughts and opinions? Lets examine ....
(Pardon me while I don my psychologist's cap)

•The Parents: ... hmmm. The best teachers we have when we're growing up. Children tend to imitate.
•The Home Life ... Children listen. Children learn. Children imitate.
•Neglect ... Left to their own devices, children dream up ways to get even.
•Having a Positive Role Model ... Children often are duped into thinking that bully on the playground is someone to look up to because he gets a lot of attention ... forcefully.
•Peers ... Children quickly discover who among them are the weakest and the most likely to be dominated.
•Siblings ... Older brothers and sister tend to bully younger siblings.
•Mental State ... The best saved for last: mental capacity. Whether born with a mental condition, inherited a mental condition, or developed one on their own, the mentally inspired bully grows up to be narcissistic and condescending; constantly badgering, baiting, and sending personal messages to his/her peers belittling and smearing their victims' ....

Any of these listed traits familiar to anybody? :toothy: :clap: :toothy:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

"Poor, poor desperate© Mr.B, 3 bumps of his unread post now, also at least once in Just for Fun. What a pathetic® cry for attention!"
You must've gotten bored and looked at that one too! You even kept count! :clap:

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

JTA wrote:Image
Did this come from CPF?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

JTA wrote:
Vrede posted this in "Just for Fun" ... (link only)

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

k9nanny wrote:"You, MrB, are the attention whore." (quoted in the "medical breakthroughs - commies cure cancer")
I've been thinking about this for a few days wondering what in Hades 'ol k9 was talkng about, because I'd never heard this expression used but one time before; by rstrong. I think k9 means 'someone constantly seeking attention' .... being so butthurt over this bit of smearing my fragile ego, I took my little 'ol self back to Discussion page one and looked and "lawsy have mercy!" Lookit all them threads where Vrede too has been the last poster!! Postin' every kind of petition known to man since liberals took to walkin' on their hind legs!

Vrede left on a self-imposed exile in March 2015 declaring that he asked Banni to close his account then re-appeared three days later and ain't changed a bit since then. Since "returning", he's made 7,457 posts (if all of 'em are properly tallied; every post shows the same number), O Really by contrast has only posted 7,711 since joining the forum in 2012, Mr.B, "the attention whore", has posted 4,627 posts since June 2013 ....
Let's take a look together who's an "attention whore":

DISCUSSION ... (page 1)

Am I misremembering the scandal around bush illegally firing federal prosecutors?
Last post by billy.pilgrim
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:34 pm

The Facebook Thread
Last post by JTA
Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Gun Legislation
Last post by Vrede too
Thu Mar 10, 2017 5:51 pm

President* Trump
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:46 pm

"Can't make this (stuff) up"
Last post by JTA
Thu Mar 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread
Last post by Mr.B
Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:57 pm

The Worker Thread
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Heroes
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:51 pm

OWS
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:24 pm

The Religion Thread
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Presidents* Trump & Putin bromance
Last post by rstrong
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Pentagon bloat, etc. thread
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Evil Obamacare
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Immigration
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Just for Fun
Last post by Mr.B
Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:29 am

The homophobic thread :>
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:12 am

The LEO thread
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:07 am

Wingnutties out of control!
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:49 am

Education thread
Last post by Mr.B
Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:29 am

Middle East
Last post by Vrede too
Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:55 am

The Friday Thread
Last post by Vrede too
Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:59 pm

The Global Warming thread.
Last post by Vrede too
Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Big Brother is Watching You
Last post by k9nanny
Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:58 pm

The Science Thread!
Last post by Boatrocker
Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Tree Hugger Thread
Last post by Vrede too
Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:49 am

War on Women
Last post by Mr.B
Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:42 am

Raid!!!
Last post by Vrede too
Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:13 pm

vp Q-tip
Last post by Vrede too
Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Fake News
Last post by Vrede too
Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:49 pm

The Cinema Thread
Last post by JTA
Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:13 am

Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.
Last post by Vrede too
Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:22 pm

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr B is very whiny. Sad!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"Mr B is very whiny. Sad!"
Uhhh...I believe the word is "butthurt". (Please refer to your Holy Book of Vrede-too-isms) :toothy:
Sad..? No, right happy, actually. Thanks for asking though.

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote:
bannination wrote:"Mr B is very whiny. Sad!"
Uhhh...I believe the word is "butthurt". (Please refer to your Holy Book of Vrede-too-isms) :toothy:
Sad..? No, right happy, actually. Thanks for asking though.

Sooo salty!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:"Sooo salty!"
Care for some sweetener?

bannination
Captain

Mr.B wrote: