Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by bannination »

Well.... you win the weird!

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Vrede wrote:The intent of this thread is for assorted true and hopefully not partisan weirdness, not just my entry.

Wiener bans wieners
Nuts! (no pun intended)

Time to cancel my plans to go to SF ... however, I see the article was about guys, are the gals exempt?
That would be cool ... if so, I might have to not cancel my plans. Image

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Vrede wrote:Not sure, the article says, "prohibits exposed genitals in most public places," but only mentions complaints about men. Maybe no one complained about naked women.
Not surprised. Generally, I wouldn't ... well, maybe if she was fat I would complain but that's just my bias ...

Otherwise ... Image

mike
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by mike »

Vrede wrote:Fat enough, male or female, and exposed genitalia aren't an issue and wouldn't warrant a ticket or arrest.
lawl, true.

Let's see them try to arrest a fat guy wherein his genitals are hidden ... (really, I don't want to see it) :wtf:

Even so, a thin gal ... can you really see their genitals when they're naked ... I mean if they don't have an overly large labia? Even so, is that really a part of a woman's genitalia ... I mean overtly so?

Where's Doc? Image

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

And they ran 55 pictures of Kim Jong Un in all sorts of sexy poses along with the article.

And they've been punked by the Onion before:
"In 2002, the Beijing Evening News, one of the capital city's biggest tabloids at the time, published as news the fictional account that the U.S. Congress wanted a new building and that it might leave Washington. The Onion article was a deadpan spoof of the way sports teams threaten to leave cities in order to get new stadiums."
The 2002 Onion article said that the Congress wanted a building with a retractable dome.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede wrote:The police should distribute pamphlets with detailed descriptions and graphics so that the public is not confused.
I can see where confusion would be an issue in San Francisco; even with detailed descriptions and graphics.
Never know any more. There's some weird-ass life forms in SF.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Ambulance gets 'booted' while paramedics tend to emergency

NEW ORLEANS - The Quicky's convenience store in Mid-City takes its parking lot rules seriously. Very seriously.
About 4 p.m. Friday, New Orleans paramedics rushed inside the store for a man with a life-threatening medical issue.
They worked on the patient with chest pain, put him inside the vehicle, then started to speed off.
The paramedics “heard a loud noise,” and the vehicle came to a screeching halt, according to Jeb Tate, spokesman for New Orleans Emergency Medical Services.
The medics stepped out and found a boot on their ambulance.
Convenience store employees allegedly put a restrictive parking boot on the ambulance. And now it was stuck.
The paramedics were perplexed.
Tate said the ambulance had its emergency lights on the whole time.
[read more]
LINK

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Do not be surprised at anything that happens in NOLA.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:
Vrede wrote:The intent of this thread is for assorted true and hopefully not partisan weirdness...
Leo Lyons wrote:I can see where confusion would be an issue in San Francisco; even with detailed descriptions and graphics.
Supsalemgr wrote:Do not be surprised at anything that happens in NOLA.
:roll:
Hey Miss Manners, you started this thread.....about Weiner's weiner. How weird is that?

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Vrede wrote:
Vrede wrote:The intent of this thread is for assorted true and hopefully not partisan weirdness...
Leo Lyons wrote:I can see where confusion would be an issue in San Francisco; even with detailed descriptions and graphics.
Supsalemgr wrote:Do not be surprised at anything that happens in NOLA.
:roll:
Hey Miss Manners, you started this thread.....about Weiner's weiner. How weird is that?
I thought it was this Weiner's weiner. :lol:

:mrgreen:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Deer take over PA racetrack...Bambi wins!
http://news.yahoo.com/video/raw-deer-ov ... 19984.html

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Unfortunate names for apparently real businesses...

http://now.msn.com/funny-business-signs-and-names

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Stinger wrote:

NEW ORLEANS - The Quicky's convenience store in Mid-City takes its parking lot rules seriously. Very seriously.
About 4 p.m. Friday, New Orleans paramedics rushed inside the store for a man with a life-threatening medical issue.
They worked on the patient with chest pain, put him inside the vehicle, then started to speed off.
The paramedics “heard a loud noise,” and the vehicle came to a screeching halt, according to Jeb Tate, spokesman for New Orleans Emergency Medical Services.
Convenience store employees allegedly put a restrictive parking boot on the ambulance. And now it was stuck.
[read more]
LINK
The person responsible has lost his job, and has been issued a citation by the New Orleans Police Department for simple criminal damage to property. [Link]
According to the police report, Aleywa didn't realize it was an ambulance that he booted, and added that he doesn't speak any English.

Supsalemgr
Major

rstrong wrote:
Stinger wrote:

[read more]
LINK
The person responsible has lost his job, and has been issued a citation by the New Orleans Police Department for simple criminal damage to property. [Link]
According to the police report, Aleywa didn't realize it was an ambulance that he booted, and added that he doesn't speak any English.
As I said. Don't be surprised at anything that happen in NOLA.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I didn't realize the people in NO are different

that would explain why the faux news personalities and their drooling watchers laughed at the katrina victims

but are now so outraged that obama hasn't put on an apron and repaired every home in the NE for the "normal" people
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Supsalemgr
Major

"I didn't realize the people in NO are different"

Obviously, BP has not spent much time there.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Supsalemgr wrote:"I didn't realize the people in NO are different"

Whooooooosh!

(Defective Colon can't see the above picture.)

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Stinger wrote:Image
A younger Aunt Jemima?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Supsalemgr wrote:"I didn't realize the people in NO are different"

spent a lot of time there, good people all around

again, how are the people in NO different than normal people?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”