Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:20 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:13 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:10 pm
"While the cause of death remains undetermined, officials say it is not believed to be suspicious"
Seriously? Like they have people just normally go into restrooms to die in Tulsa?
Oh wait - maybe they do.
IV opiate OD is my guess, partly because she chose a lockable single occupancy family bathroom. It's not "suspicious" if the works are still sticking in her arm.
I know cops have their own jargon, but does "suspicious" only mean homicide? It can't mean suicide accidental or intentionally?

Speaking of cop jargon, I love it when the news people report that a guy was found hanging upside down on a deer stand with two shots in the head and "police believe foul play may have been involved." :lol:
(True story out of Wisconsin a few years ago)
I don't think "suspicious" includes undoubtable suicides, ODs, uncomplicated accidents and noncriminal homicides.

If the turkeys, grouse, ducks and geese start shooting back, will it be 'fowl play'?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:13 pm
IV opiate OD is my guess, partly because she chose a lockable single occupancy family bathroom. It's not "suspicious" if the works are still sticking in her arm.
Then again:
I'd still guess OD, but we once had a 28 year old woman come in dead from a heart attack. Some folks have lousy genes.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Video from inside a tornado

You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

:shock:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Published on May 27, 2013

Brandon Ivey and Sean Casey with driver Herb Stein, got inside of a violent wedge tornado today. Brandon shot this insane footage of the TIV2 (tornado intercept vehicle) inside of a violent wedge tornado northeast of Smith Center, Kansas over eastern Smith County.

Wind speeds were 150 to 175 EF3 to EF4 before the tornado ripped the instruments off the top of the TIV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozdYlt9blj4
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

It's really fascinating

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

How sinkholes form

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Christie lounges with family on beach at park he shut down

Gov. Chris Christie spent part of Sunday lounging with his family on a beach at a state park he ordered closed to the public amid a government shutdown that showed little sign of ending.

The unpopular Republican governor, whose family was using the state residence at Island Beach State Park for the weekend, said later Sunday at a news conference in Trenton that he flew on a state helicopter to the residence....

Christie defended his use of the state property during the shutdown that affected the public, which is being kept out of state parks with signs blaming Democratic Assembly Speaker Vincent Prieto, on Saturday, saying: "That's the way it goes. Run for governor, and you can have the residence." ...
Clueless.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not clueless. Just a total and absolute asshole.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

True, but even total and absolute assholes that are in public life should have some awareness of how their actions will be perceived, Dolt .45 excepted.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

No doubt he is aware. Thus his shitty response about "get elected governor and you can use the residence..." He's always been a jerk, but for a few years in his life, he got a pass as people were willing to consider him "straight-talking" "tough" "takes no prisoners" etc. Closing the parks and beaches for the 4th of July weekend is a lot like closing the bridge lanes to punish those who oppose him - which is now about 85% or so of the population of NJ. He's a worthless scum of an excuse for a human being, and to think he wasn't able to make Trump's team might tell us something about those who did.

O Really
Admiral

More details - and pics - of the degree of his assholery. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... &ocid=iehp

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Happy Fourth of July!!

I don't know why, but for some odd reason, my mind conjured up a picture of JTA when I watched this video.
(no offense meant, JTA; I think you're really a cool dude)

Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Someone set off firecrackers nearby. No biggie, but the string kept going long enough for me to notice, go out on my deck, exchange a few words with a neighbor, go back in, put on my flip-flops, walk out to the development driveway and catch the tail end. Kinda like black cats, but brighter and a little louder. No visible perp. All that was left was reddish paper, nothing like the pieces of black cats you find. I walked off the trail of paper - 45 yards long!!! The string must have had thousands of firecrackers. My neighbors are annoyed, one called the cops, but I think it's kinda cool.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Somebody set off firecrackers? On July 3? I'm shocked, shocked, I say!
I don't have anywhere reasonable to do fireworks anymore, but for many years I or one of my cohorts would drive up to SC or Alabama for real fireworks and light up our New Years or 4th holidays. I'm pretty sure there were "Florida Man" stories every once in a while. :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The impressive part is the several minute, 45 yards long string.

But, it is just Hooterville.
City lights 'longest' firecracker string

A city in China's central Hunan Province set off a 20 km (12.4 mile) string of firecrackers this week ...
Meanwhile:

Canada's Yukon seeks 'backups' after toe used in cocktail stolen
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 pm
Someone set off firecrackers nearby. No biggie, but the string kept going long enough for me to notice, go out on my deck, exchange a few words with a neighbor, go back in, put on my flip-flops, walk out to the development driveway and catch the tail end. Kinda like black cats, but brighter and a little louder. No visible perp. All that was left was reddish paper, nothing like the pieces of black cats you find. I walked off the trail of paper - 45 yards long!!! The string must have had thousands of firecrackers. My neighbors are annoyed, one called the cops, but I think it's kinda cool.
My dad had a penchant for getting messed up and lighting off fireworks at 1 am on a weekday. We'd be sitting around drinking and my dad would out of nowhere decide it was time to light off a few strings of fire crackers and launch off some bottle rockets.

It's just in some people's genes is all.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

They got it back. The guy who stole it mailed it back with an apology.
"'I'm deeply sorry. I was way too drunk and lost my mind celebrating a special Yukon date. I returned it as fast as possible and not damaged. Sincerely, A Drunken Fool.'"
[...]
Coulbourne thinks the international attention tugged at the thief's heartstrings. "He realized what he had done was a major blow to the community and I think he felt compelled to send it back."
The bar has several backup toes. They made the news a few years back when one was accidentally swallowed.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:38 pm
My dad had a penchant for getting messed up and lighting off fireworks at 1 am on a weekday. We'd be sitting around drinking and my dad would out of nowhere decide it was time to light off a few strings of fire crackers and launch off some bottle rockets.

It's just in some people's genes is all.
Someone could troll Trump on this. Tweet pictures of crowds watching nukes being popped back in the 1950s. Declare that the only reason Trump can't let Americans watch a nuclear explosion on the 4th of July is that other countries won't let him.