Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Boatrocker »

I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

RNC Hires Juan Williams's Son for GOP Outreach to Youth, Black Voters
Good luck wid dat. BTW, ain't "Raffi" one o' them there A-rab names? Ain't they 'sposed to put it in bold, italic capitals, like they do when they write "Barack HUSSEIN Obama?"
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

"Cluelessness" doesn't seem adequate to describe this level of cultural tone-deafness. It may be fun to watch, though; I have this mental image of the teagoobers offering up free watermelon and fried chicken at fundraisers.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:Alleged crooks accidentally dial 911 during car break-in

"We really called 911?" one of the suspects said. "Damn."
That one's precious. Thanks.

We had this one in Florida. They guy had a real bad day.
A Florida man allegedly felt the bite of the law when he ran from cops.
Deputies pulled over Bryan Zuniga, 20, from Pinella Park, Fla., for failing to maintain a single lane early Thursday morning, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
Zuniga brought the vehicle to a stop and jumped out of the passenger side door, according to the sheriff’s office. He then broke a vinyl fence by kicking a hole into the fence line for him to escape and was able to flee from deputies, the sheriff’s office said.
That afternoon, Pinellas County deputies were notified by the St. Petersburg Police Department of a man at a hospital who had been attacked by an alligator in their jurisdiction, Cristen Rensel, Pinella County Sheriff’s Office public information officer, told ABCNews.com.
When deputies from Pinellas County arrived at the hospital to investigate, Rensel said, ”We identified him as the one we were looking for.”
Zuniga, 20, was being treated at the hospital for multiple puncture wounds to his face, arm and armpit area, according to the sheriff’s office. He was able to elude police by hiding near a water treatment plant in unincorporated St. Petersburg when he was attacked by an alligator, he allegedly told deputies.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission opened an investigation into the incident.
“It certainly bit him,” Gary Morse spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission told ABCNews.com. “It could have been defensive bites. Alligators don’t normally attack people.”
As of now, Morse said the investigation has been closed and the alligator won’t be trapped. “We don’t know what the circumstances were,” Morse said. Investigators were unable to find the alligator, and the owner of the land has not requested its removal.
Zuniga is charged with breaking or injuring fences, fleeing and eluding a police officer, driving with a suspended/revoked and resisting an officer without violence.
He is currently being held at Pinellas County Jail.
ABC News

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote::lol:
...Zuniga is charged with breaking or injuring fences,

That's a crime in FL? Is it rampant? ;)

fleeing and eluding a police officer, driving with a suspended/revoked and resisting an officer without violence...
What, feeding wildlife is not illegal?
Injured fences is a big problem down here. A lot of counties have been cutting back on emergency services, so all these injured fences are getting left by the wayside.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

You should see the destruction after a hurricane, all the wooden fences are not only injured but left for dead. Every one.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Vrede wrote::lol: That's a crime in FL? Is it rampant? ;) What, feeding wildlife is not illegal?
Hmmm, speaking of feeding the wildlife. Gators and crocs can eat just about anything....never mind, they would puke their guts out.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

A lot of times, you can retrieve what gators and crocs eat by cutting them open.....license plates, boots, small animals and children.....

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

neoplacebo wrote:A lot of times, you can retrieve what gators and crocs eat by cutting them open.....license plates, boots, small animals and children.....
Since you and Homie are the only ones left to argue with, I'll say that considering the subject of all of Homie's posts, I don't think Homie was talking about license plates, boots, small animals and children.....

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I didn't either.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede wrote:Kettle Resembles Hitler On J.C. Penney Billboard

@alexisairvin
Alexis Irvin

Hitler Kettle @reddit it's nice to know @jcpenney use as much oversight on their billboards as their fiscal strategy http://t.co/xCSWsR4O2x

May 26, 2013 3:08 pm via Twitter
Here's how this went down:

The person who designed this ad probably honestly didn't realize it resembled Hitler, but the people tasked with approving and making it happen sure did. I'm sure they probably had a meeting or something about it. Everyone knew it sort of looked like Hitler, but no one wanted to actually say so out of fear they would be judged by the others:

"Wow... this ad sort of looks like Hitler. Nah, I must be a bad person for thinking that. It's probably just me. Surely the others will think I'm mad/drunk and or a Nazi. Better keep my mouth shut, this is a professional, corporate, environment."

That's why we have this wonderful ad on a billboard today.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

This is exactly the sort of stupid shit that says more about the person viewing the picture than it does about the design of a kettle.
Jeezus, is this all we can find to wad our fuggin drawers?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:I'll bet that with different angle, lighting, etc. there's nothing inherently Hitlerian about the kettle. They had to reject tons of options to end up with this.
Yep, if they'd turned the thing 180 degrees, the Nazi salute would have been a left handed one. As we all know, no self respecting Nazi would bust out a left handed Heil Hitler. I may end up getting one of these......put it with my Don Rumsfeld kettle, which has a crack near the spout so that all the water will boil out before the whistle sounds.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Top five states in receipt of Social Security disability are those with a history of strong support for government programs in health care, and a pro-government voting record.....oh wait....

http://money.msn.com/investing/5-states ... disability

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:I'll bet that with different angle, lighting, etc. there's nothing inherently Hitlerian about the kettle. They had to reject tons of options to end up with this.
But if you look at it in the mirror, it looks like Jesus.

Should go over big with Catholics.

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

Looks like Adolf might be giving the Virgin Mary and Jesus a run for their money.
Watch out, he's a tricky type.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

You just can't make this stuff up.....

Good'n tight!

Image Image

The Fashionistas First Lady....

The Peacock Dress

The Pinata Dress

The European Laughing Stock
(notice the suppressed snicker on her right)

Princess Letizia of Spain, French First Lady Carla Bruni and, yep, you guessed it. "The Double Wide" – sleeveless, no less.

What "Change" got us:

And that friggin' BELT! Under her boobs no less! Are we proud yet?

Image Image Image Image Image

and the belt is so appropriate for somber, formal occasions as well...!

You gotta love a thong and a great pair of well fitted pants.....

Now it's clear why Obama was re-elected. The U.S. needed to maintain it's level of humor!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

You really are a dimwitted, lowbrow piece of doody stuff, aren't you, Sad Little Troll?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Stinger wrote:You really are a dimwitted, lowbrow piece of doody stuff, aren't you, Sad Little Troll?
Aw gee. You done went and hurt my widdle feewings.

You really are a thin-skinned little wuss, aren't you, Miserable Little Twerp? :lol: :lol:

Cowboy
Pilot Officer

Unread post by Cowboy »

Meanwhile, an attorney for the Jackson family objected, calling the testimony triple hearsay: Phillips was discussing a chat he had with Richie, who talked to a medium, who channeled Jackson’s ghost, who exonerated Murray.
Gotta love it.