Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Supsalemgr
Major

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

Where did I say they weren't normal? I just said they were different.

When one gets by the part of the population which is like a "third world country" there are folks who truly enjoy life and know how to celebrate it. Anybody who has spent any time in south LA knows there is a different culture there.

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Supsalemgr wrote:"I didn't realize the people in NO are different"

Obviously, BP has not spent much time there.

spent a lot of time there, good people all around

again, how are the people in NO different than normal people?
He won't say it. He's dumb, but not that dumb.

On second thought, . . . .

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Decades-old military jacket found on post-Sandy beach, delivered to 98-year-old widow in Va
Published November 30, 2012
Associated Press
RICHMOND, Va. – A more-than-80-year-old military jacket found on the New Jersey Shore following Superstorm Sandy is back in the hands of its owner's widow in Virginia.
Donna Gugger of Holland, Pa., uncovered the ornate gray jacket while cleaning up storm debris along the shore.
Clues on the inside of the jacket led her to West Point and eventually to the family of the late Chester B. deGavre. The 1933 graduate served in combat in Europe and Korea and earned a Silver Star and the Legion of Merit with three oak-leaf clusters during his Army career.
Gugger drove to Virginia's Eastern Shore this week to deliver the jacket to deGavre's 98-year-old widow, Tita.
While details of the jacket's journey are a mystery, Gugger and the deGavre family are happy it's back in its rightful place.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/30/de ... z2E8wwkg4U

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

We need Ron Paul, if only to make Lyndon LaRouche look sane.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker wrote:We need Ron Paul, if only to make Lyndon LaRouche look sane.
That was essentially the job of Paul, Bachmann, Santorum, Perry and Cain during the primaries: Stand next to Romney and make him look like a sane and viable candidate by comparison.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

rstrong wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:We need Ron Paul, if only to make Lyndon LaRouche look sane.
That was essentially the job of Paul, Bachmann, Santorum, Perry and Cain during the primaries: Stand next to Romney and make him look like a sane and viable candidate by comparison.
Operative words: "by comparison." And Paul ain't even at the top of the list of batshit crazy.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

This is the greatest bit of libertarian hypocrisy since Ayn Rand took Social Security payments and Medicare benefits under the name of Ann O'Connor.

He want's a governmental body to take someone else's property off them rather than buy it in a free market. He wants the United Nations to take it from an American. As the saying goes, it's easier to fight for your principles than to live according to them.

Some Paulites are defending him with essentially this arguement:
Ron: This domain belongs to me.
Fans: I dont see your name on... ... ...oh.
But the site has always made it clear that it's a fan site. They're not domain squatting.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Sad day for Parti - Mississippi, the last state to do so, finally ratifies the 13th Amendment...
http://now.msn.com/mississippi-official ... ng-slavery

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:$338 million beer run

Moral of the story: Drink more beer.
Any anti-immigrant blowback from the anti-immigrant crowd yet?

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Vrede wrote:Lots, all over Twitter reportedly. But, everything I've seen so far indicates he's an example of why they shouldn't be so anti-immigrant.
I can't wait until they start whining about this guy not paying his taxes. $48 million?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Stinger wrote:
Vrede wrote:Lots, all over Twitter reportedly. But, everything I've seen so far indicates he's an example of why they shouldn't be so anti-immigrant.
I can't wait until they start whining about this guy not paying his taxes. $48 million?
That's enough tax to fund the Afghan War for a minute and a half, or so.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Teacher gets in the deep, dark doodoo with shit-for-brains parents for daring to mention "vaginas" and discuss the mechanics of an orgasm . . . in a 10th grade biology class, during the chapters on human reproduction. I guess he shoulda called it a hoohoo, or a poontang, or a cooder, or something, 'cause "vagina" is right over the fucking line!

These are probably the same assholes with the wadded diapers over the thoughts of gay marriage.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like those goobers oughtta have their little darlings in private Christian school, anyway. I'm sure they'd never mention a va-jay-jay.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Opps . . . .
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:Opps . . . .
That's what all the pregnant teens whose Sex Ed was censored say.
"YOU'RE WHAT?!?"
- Traditional Bible-belt wedding proposal

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Boatrocker wrote:Opps . . . .
I really love the way Thorn's "Opps" has made it into everyday forum parlance. Makes it kind of a "special pops."

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

I saw this item in the local paper, and my first thought was that if she had an abortionists' license, she would have been scot-free of any liability. Strange world, isn't it? She should have stayed on Gilligan's Island.

Police Charge N.C. Woman With Murder of an Unborn Child

An Asheville, N.C. woman was charged with murder of an unborn child, when the baby she was delivering as an unlicensed midwife was stillborn.

"The Asheville Police Department received information from the Buncombe County District Attorney's Office and the State Medical Board that 44-year-old Tina Louise Bailey had represented herself as a midwife and had practiced midwifery without a license. During a home birth, a child was stillborn during a labor that was under the care and supervision of Bailey," according to a news release from the Asheville Police.

Ms. Bailey, who told police she was self-employed, was charged with murder of an unborn child, obtaining property by false pretense and obstruction of justice. She is being held at the Buncombe County Detention Facility in lieu of $150,000 bond.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote: Wrong, as usual. If an abortionist tries to deliver a live baby and it's stillborn, s/he could be charged depending on the circumstances. Or, more comparably, if you try it without a license you could be charged. That said, the article doesn't specify exactly what she did or didn't do that led to the fetal death. Murder may turn out to be too harsh.
"Wrong, as usual". Of course.. :roll:

The story was rather sparse; but what you say doesn't make sense either.

A licensed abortionist's job is to kill babies, right? Why would an abortionist attempt to deliver a live baby, and what circumstances would determine any legal charges?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:...The story was rather sparse; but what you say doesn't make sense either.

A licensed abortionist's job is to kill babies, right? Why would an abortionist attempt to deliver a live baby, and what circumstances would determine any legal charges?
That's the point. This was an instance where the hoped for result was a live baby. It's your comparison that doesn't make sense. Plus, some Ob/Gyns do abortions. If the woman's desire is an abortion and she gets one without harm to herself, no charges. If the woman's desire is a live baby and it is stillborn, there may be charges or a lawsuit depending on whether the doctor did or didn't do something that led to the fetal death.
That's why I said the story is full of holes. It didn't say why the mid-wife was charged or how the baby died or why she was responsible for it's death.

It appears that the license issue is the sticking point; so if she had been licensed, do you think there would have been any charges regardless of the child's delivery outcome?

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »