The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by O Really »

I'm pretty sure the UMC has many members and fringers that violate church principles frequently, as do all other churches. If they were to "charge" every wayward soul, they'd soon be without members. Nevertheless, I think it's significant that 600 members of the church are willing to go on record in opposition to his child-abuse policies, probably because Sessions was the one who brought religion into the discussion.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:16 am
I believe that's at the national level.

Their website doesn't have any contact info, but my old Mobile phone book lists the number as

251-478-5356

They still haven't returned my call asking if they still support their racist member
The United Methodist Church: Ask a Question

Submit your question in the form provided below or email InfoServ directly at infoserv@umcom.org. We also have live chat available through the link below.

The church does not have a single headquarters or executive, but is governed by the General Conference, the Council of Bishops and the Judicial Council.

UMC Directory, including leadership

What would you say to them now?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

In age of Trump, evangelicals back self-styled top U.S. pimp

I think it's the accusations of sexual abuse and rape that put him over the top with evangelicals.

Comments:
We have officially entered the twilight zone.
Family values at it's best !!!
Be best!
Truly, the Lord works in mysterious ways these days.
david duke is next
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Former AD alleges (Baptist) Baylor regents 'scapegoated' black football players in sexual assault scandal

Former Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw alleged a conspiracy at the "highest level" at Baylor wherein regents planned to focus the school's entire sexual assault scandal on athletics, ignoring the wider, decades-long problem at the university of mishandling rape reports, according to court documents filed Wednesday in an ongoing Title IX lawsuit against the school.

McCaw said in his deposition that top leaders, consultants, attorneys and the school's public relations firm worked to put all the blame on athletics -- specifically football -- while working to cover up failures across campus, including those of the regents themselves, according to quotes from McCaw in the motion filed Wednesday....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:51 pm
Former AD alleges (Baptist) Baylor regents 'scapegoated' black football players in sexual assault scandal

Former Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw alleged a conspiracy at the "highest level" at Baylor wherein regents planned to focus the school's entire sexual assault scandal on athletics, ignoring the wider, decades-long problem at the university of mishandling rape reports, according to court documents filed Wednesday in an ongoing Title IX lawsuit against the school.

McCaw said in his deposition that top leaders, consultants, attorneys and the school's public relations firm worked to put all the blame on athletics -- specifically football -- while working to cover up failures across campus, including those of the regents themselves, according to quotes from McCaw in the motion filed Wednesday....

please find ken Starr involved
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

:lol: :lol: I couldn't find the link right off; but it was discovered that the sign holders were themselves homosexuals mocking the Christians. :lol:
Reinforces Mr. B's worn out phrase "Just because you say.." :violent: The only time you see Christians at a pride gathering is when they are spouting hell fire, damnation, and repenting.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:36 pm
:lol: :lol: I couldn't find the link right off; but it was discovered that the sign holders were themselves homosexuals mocking the Christians. :lol:
Reinforces Mr. B's worn out phrase "Just because you say.." :violent: The only time you see Christians at a pride gathering is when they are spouting hell fire, damnation, and repenting.
I can't find support for your claim, either, hmmm. IF it is true that they were gays and allies mocking Christian haters, that's even better than if they were real Christians. Thanks for raising the possibility! :violent: :P

However, having spent significant time in the very Catholic Philippines, I would be surprised if gays went out of their way to piss off Christians, nttawwt. Trying to build bridges is more the LGBTQ AND Filipino style. You would know this if you'd ever spent time there.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:19 pm
However, having spent significant time in the very Catholic Philippines, I would be surprised if gays went out of their way to piss off Christians, nttawwt. Trying to build bridges is more the LGBTQ AND Filipino style. You would know this if you'd ever spent time there.
I've not been there and never had a desire to go. I've been told Southeast Asia has the the greatest concentration of she-males in the world; that's not my cup of tea. Since you spent 'significant time' in the Philippines, surely you're aware that, just as it has here in the U.S., attitudes have changed vastly in the decades since you were there?

I searched again but couldn't find the article I read about the pride march. Oh well, it ain't important anyway. Just another dog
and pony show.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:58 pm
I've not been there and never had a desire to go. I've been told Southeast Asia has the the greatest concentration of she-males in the world; that's not my cup of tea. Since you spent 'significant time' in the Philippines, surely you're aware that, just as it has here in the U.S., attitudes have changed vastly in the decades since you were there?

I searched again but couldn't find the article I read about the pride march. Oh well, it ain't important anyway. Just another dog
and pony show.
It's only been about 15-17 years since I was in Southeast Asia. Significant time was a couple of months total in the Philippines, and some of that time I was either working, diving or hiking/caving.

I drank in a dwarf bar in Manila, they were nice. I'm sure there were gay and trans bars there and elsewhere I went in Southeast Asia, but I don't remember visiting any. I'll defer to your research, nttawwt, on the topic. I'm guessing that your article was the hoax, but as I said I think it's cool either way. That's the thing about Pride Marches, everyone's having a great time except for the few haters that show up to protest.

I did go into a stripper bar in Bangkok - one girl shot darts out of her vagina and popped balloons. It was interesting as a one-time kind of thing, but I never wanted a repeat.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

It could have been a hoax, I don't know. I imagine that the reason for pride marches is to bring out the protestors and Bible thumpers;
everybody enjoys a good laugh and attention to their causes.

As a teen, I visited a hootchey-kootch at a fair once and watched this woman smoke a cigar with her golly whumper. gross.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

You don't see that so much anymore with all the smoking restrictions everywhere. I think that was found to be a primary cause of hooha cancer.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:25 am
You don't see that so much anymore with all the smoking restrictions everywhere. I think that was found to be a primary cause of hooha cancer.
It was a cigar, they only cause labial cancer. :D
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Now I've got all kinds of images I want to get out of my head.

Ok, better now.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

bannination wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 pm
Now I've got all kinds of images I want to get out of my head.
I know your pain.

Ok, better now.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:03 am
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/what- ... ?ocid=AMZN

Yep, people are screwed.
What Was Maria Butina Doing at the National Prayer Breakfast?

Ugh, yet more evidence that the evangelical cult is a threat to America.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Twitter Rains Hell On Jeff Sessions' New Religious Liberty Task Force

Make no mistake, this is not about religious freedom, they already have that. This is about enabling the religious to legally discriminate against women, LGBTQs and nonwhites. It's also about allowing churches to be a conduit for tax exempt political activity and spending.

In the past couple years, I have seen many news items that referred to the Moral Majority, prolife and other religious groups as "the new right," and the "new conservatism." Well, I have spent quite a number of years carrying the flag of the old conservatism. And I can say with conviction that the religious issues of these groups have little or nothing to do with conservative or liberal politics.

The uncompromising position of these groups is a divisive element that could tear apart the very spirit of our representative system, if they gain sufficient strength.

-- Barry Goldwater, Address on religious factions (1981)

They did and it has. More good quotes from the address at the link.

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Appears God is Not Flooding Ark Encounter Theme Park With Visitors.

Awww. Well, s/he does work in mysterious ways.

"... Kentucky gave $18 million in tax incentives to get this monstrosity built.... 'Last year Kentucky wrote a check to Ark Encounter for $1.8 million, refunding almost 80 percent of the $2.28 million sales tax revenue.'"

:ateeth:
1312. ETTD.