The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Interesting - and real - question. But probably so.
Depending on how the proposed law were actually written, some evidence of "belief" might be required, although from these clowns it would likely be slim. So you get the same unintended consequences that apply with Title VII protection against religious discrimination: you can't figure out a way to write it to protect the "real" Christians and not cover the pretend Christians, the Muslims, and the Church of Bodily Modification and Wiccans.

I'm thinking this is going to be another Court loss for the Republican Reicht Wing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'll hire you to represent me and the rest of y'all can testify as to my longstanding and sincerely held beliefs about bigoted Christians. Slam dunk.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/prop ... ign=bestof

This shit is scary funny

"Prophets Gather At Trump’s Washington Hotel To Unleash Angel Armies On His Deep State Enemies"

"Father, I believe the Word You have spoken through the prophet Chuck Pierce. Thank you for this servant who is unafraid to say whatever You tell him to say. I believe the Turnaround time is upon us. Your Kingdom government is rising in and through Your Ekklesia. You are filling our mouths with Your Word and Your decrees. I decree that the media will be compelled to report truth! I decree that the President will be exonerated and others will be exposed in their guilt. I decree that those who know what the truth is in the DOJ, FBI, White House and State Department will have a safe way to come forward. The Kingdom of God will permeate the government of man in Jesus name! Amen."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:15 am
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/prop ... ign=bestof

This shit is scary funny

"Prophets Gather At Trump’s Washington Hotel To Unleash Angel Armies On His Deep State Enemies"

"Father, I believe the Word You have spoken through the prophet Chuck Pierce. Thank you for this servant who is unafraid to say whatever You tell him to say. I believe the Turnaround time is upon us. Your Kingdom government is rising in and through Your Ekklesia. You are filling our mouths with Your Word and Your decrees. I decree that the media will be compelled to report truth! I decree that the President will be exonerated and others will be exposed in their guilt. I decree that those who know what the truth is in the DOJ, FBI, White House and State Department will have a safe way to come forward. The Kingdom of God will permeate the government of man in Jesus name! Amen."
:crazy:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

DC government shoulda just locked all 1300 inside and declared Trump’s Washington Hotel an insane asylum.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vandal strikes Henderson County church and 2 other buildings

Deputies in Henderson County are investigating vandalism at three Henderson County locations, including a church, along Upward Road.

Someone defaced Upward Baptist Church with vulgar language to describe Reverend Billy Graham....
Banni!
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:33 pm
Vandal strikes Henderson County church and 2 other buildings

Deputies in Henderson County are investigating vandalism at three Henderson County locations, including a church, along Upward Road.

Someone defaced Upward Baptist Church with vulgar language to describe Reverend Billy Graham....
Banni!
Not my style....

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:09 pm
Not my style....
Ah-ha, you have a style. ;)
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I've reached a conclusion in regards to American evangelical Christians, and I hold firm to this conclusion:

American evangelical Christianity is one of the largest heretical movements to ever stray forth from Christianity.

The vast majority of it's adherents have never even opened the bible despite claiming to be devout followers of Jesus. When pressed why they haven't bothered to read any of the the actual word of God, they'll respond with the cop out of "all you need to do is proclaim faith in Christ to be 'saved'".
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 am
American evangelical Christianity is one of the largest heretical movements to ever stray forth from Christianity.

The vast majority of it's adherents have never even opened the bible despite claiming to be devout followers of Jesus.
I prefer the term "EULA Christian." A Christian for whom the Bible is like a software license. Not to be read or understood. Just assume that you know what it means, scroll down to the bottom, and click "I Agree."

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:33 am
JTA wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 am

The vast majority of it's adherents have never even opened the bible despite claiming to be devout followers of Jesus.
I prefer the term "EULA Christian." A Christian for whom the Bible is like a software license. Not to be read or understood. Just assume that you know what it means, scroll down to the bottom, and click "I Agree."

I like it
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You're all assuming that it isn't just an inability to comprehend what they have read.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 pm
You're all assuming that it isn't just an inability to comprehend what they have read.
nope, it's more their inability to comprehend what they have read that's responsible for them falling for the various hucksters from our distant past.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

The Bible Belt:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tammy Lynn gets around.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:14 pm
The Bible Belt:

They must be more righteous across the state line in Virginia. I've never seen so many strip type clubs advertised as there are along I-77 just inside w.v. close to peterstown.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm
JTA wrote:
The Bible Belt:

They must be more righteous across the state line in Virginia. I've never seen so many strip type clubs advertised as there are along I-77 just inside w.v. close to peterstown.
Driving through Florida, I remember being struck by the alternating "Hellfire, brimstone, Jesus is Lord, abortion is bad" billboards, the strip club/sex shop billboards, and the personal injury lawyer billboards.

It perfectly represents the moral rot of decaying main-street American culture.

bannination
Captain

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 pm
To be fair the source material contradicts itself at every turn, so I'm not sure total comprehension is possible. :mrgreen:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:03 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm
JTA wrote:
The Bible Belt:

Driving through Florida, I remember being struck by the alternating "Hellfire, brimstone, Jesus is Lord, abortion is bad" billboards, the strip club/sex shop billboards, and the personal injury lawyer billboards.

It perfectly represents the moral rot of decaying main-street American culture.
McDonalds 5 miles ahead

To me exemplifies our decaying society as much as anything else.
Ignore where and what you are, ignore your community welfare, accept corporate greed as it shutters all competition and ships your community's wealth off to CEOs a thousand miles away.