The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
bannination
Captain

The Religion Thread

Unread post by bannination »

Jesus wept … oh, it's bad plumbing. Time to throw you in jail for pointing it out.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/no ... esus-tears

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

trickles typically result from non-pressurized drains

they was sucking down the holy affluent

reckon that wouldn't be like a new thing
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Leaky plumbing behind the wall? If that is an actual photo, that explanation is as daft as the original claim. The cross isn't even touching the vertical wall; besides that, how did the water, that runs downward, reach out to the cross?

At any rate, I'm sure the story made your day.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Two items of note in this article:

First, the terminally gullible do not need any active attempt to mislead in order to come up with an improbable story. It's not like the Church created the leak and advertised it as a miracle. Apparently somebody(s) saw the water and, instead of saying "we need to find out what's happening there before the water ruins our statue" said "look - it's a miracle. Let's drink some water we don't know the source of that's in one of the dirtiest cities on earth."

Secondly, because of the concept of "blasphemy" no country that doesn't adhere strictly to some version of "separation of church and state" can never have freedom of speech. And, if freedom of speech is eroded, freedom of action goes away, too.

Despotism isn't always secular.

Actually, as I think about it, the concept of jumping to improbable conclusions while ignoring simpler, more obvious and more likely ones isn't limited to religious Indians.

bannination
Captain

homerfobe wrote:Leaky plumbing behind the wall? If that is an actual photo, that explanation is as daft as the original claim. The cross isn't even touching the vertical wall; besides that, how did the water, that runs downward, reach out to the cross?

There was a rather large scientific inquiry into this. I believe it was by capillary action, I'm sure if you use the google you can answer that yourself.

Or you can just say Goddidit.

Crock Hunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread post by Crock Hunter »

homerfobe wrote: If that is an actual photo, that explanation is as daft as the original claim. The cross isn't even touching the vertical wall; besides that, how did the water, that runs downward, reach out to the cross?
LMAO... even so .. the perpetually gullible homer ultimately sides with "it's a miracle" . ... With your kind around. ... Occam surely must grow tired of spinning in his grave..
`~~~:< .. Welcome to the Swamp.. .. Swim Fast..

O Really
Admiral

bannination wrote:
homerfobe wrote:Leaky plumbing behind the wall? If that is an actual photo, that explanation is as daft as the original claim. The cross isn't even touching the vertical wall; besides that, how did the water, that runs downward, reach out to the cross?

There was a rather large scientific inquiry into this. I believe it was by capillary action, I'm sure if you use the google you can answer that yourself.

Or you can just say Goddidit.
From another source, quoting Sanal Edamaruku:

"I had a close look at a nearby washroom and the connected drainage system that passed underneath the concrete base of the cross. I removed some stones from the drain and found it was blocked. I touched the walls, the base, and the cross and took some photographs for documentation. It was very simple: Water from the washroom, which had been blocked in the clogged drainage system, had been transmitted via capillary action into the adjacent walls and the base of the cross as well as into the wooden cross itself. The water came out through a nail hole and ran down over the statue's feet."

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Attachments
tumblr_me1fxi6ebj1rr65u8o1_400.jpg
tumblr_me1fxi6ebj1rr65u8o1_400.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 11002 times

O Really
Admiral

LOL, that's funny! :twisted:

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

O Really wrote:LOL, that's funny! :twisted:
The second one (attachment -- couldn't get a URL) is actually the first one, and I think the girl was serious. Scary, huh?

Link to the original: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/lucifer-our-lord

The second one was obviously some wag having a good time with her insanity.

Red Shirt

Unread post by Guest »

This thread appears to be a bunch of wags having fun with their insanity! :crazy: :lol: :wtf:

Stinger
Sub-Lieutenant

Unread post by Stinger »

Guest wrote:This thread appears to be a bunch of wags having fun with their insanity! :crazy: :lol: :wtf:
Correctamundo.

This forum appears to be a bunch of wags having fun with their insanity! Welcome back.

bannination
Captain

Depending on which gospel you read of course, different ones having him saying different final words.

bannination
Captain

Vrede wrote:God created capillary action and blocked the washroom drain pipe. Debate settled.
God must hate me, that explains why I have to keep a good stock of draino.
:mrgreen:

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Wneglia wrote:Our Lord and Savior
Only for Republicans. They're the ones who take endless claims of what Obama has said or done or intends to do, entirely on faith.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:Jamie Foxx is a comedian. My guess is that he was making fun of cons like Wneglia. If so, the wingnut blogosphere outrage just makes the joke that much richer.
True that. But Dems, sometimes including me, have been way too defensive over that term - I think created or at least corrupted by Limbaugh. It would be offensive only to those whose vocabulary is limited only to Biblical connotation. Being "saved" from a mess created by the President who didn't exist and whose name must not be spoken, has nothing to do with what the religious people consider being "saved" from Hell. Do you suppose they object to an "Angel" investor or think that a "White Knight" will really ride in on a white steed to save their company?

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:The phrase was, "Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama," so I'll go with either wingnutty or mocking cons and am leaning towards the latter.
Let's not ignore the possibility that Jamie Foxx really really sincerely believes that Obama is Jesus returned and is sincere in his worship and use of "Lord and Savior." Right. On second thought, let's do ignore that.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Vrede wrote:The phrase was, "Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama," so I'll go with either wingnutty or mocking cons and am leaning towards the latter.
Let's not ignore the possibility that Jamie Foxx really really sincerely believes that Obama is Jesus returned and is sincere in his worship and use of "Lord and Savior." Right. On second thought, let's do ignore that.

where is super sale to tell us what we meant when we said what we said we meant to say
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

People believe whatever they want, regardless of contrary evidence...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perception ... _phenomena

I've always wondered that even if it is Mary's face in the pancake, so what? What's the frequency, Kenneth?