The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by O Really »

I'm pretty sure Mormons wouldn't keep trying to get into your house if you told them to leave, much less shot arrows at them.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:18 pm
I'm pretty sure Mormons wouldn't keep trying to get into your house if you told them to leave, much less shot arrows at them.
:D

Idk.
A lot of rainbows had to be shot at them before they quit doing that. ;)

I wonder if I could make money selling "No Missionaries" door stickers/magnets/hangers with this collage to atheists and others:

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Sorry, but I couldn't find the Bat-Shit Crazy thread

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/admi ... ign=bestof

"As “apostle” Mario Bramnick put it, “God has given us authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the devil.”

The administration officials who took the stage about two hours into the program are either directors or acting directors of their cabinet agency’s Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives: Andrea Ramirez, Department of Education; John Pughe, Department of Commerce; Mark Zelden, Department of Labor; Kevin Smith, Department of Homeland Security and FEMA; Rich Youngblood, Housing and Urban Development."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

On the eve of the midterm elections, a group of dominionist pastors, “prophets” and activists spent the day just outside Washington, D.C., at an event they called “Rise Up 2018.” Organized by ardent supporters of President Trump, the event was specifically focused on praying for conservative victory in the midterm elections....
Fail. Turns out that god is a Dem.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Kid Accidentally Brings Blow-Up Sex Doll to School Nativity

:lol: Good thing Mom didn't order the inflatable "Virgin Mary" doll.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Some Mormons Are Raising Holy Heck Over New ‘Deadpool’ Promo
They’ve launched a petition against a new image promoting “Once Upon A Deadpool.”

An image promoting a recut of “Deadpool 2” has drawn the ire of some Mormons who say it mocks their faith, and one of those critics has launched a petition to have it pulled.

The poster for “Once Upon a Deadpool” ― a PG-13 recut of the hilariously crude “Deadpool 2″ ― appears to be a parody of “The Second Coming,” a Harry Anderson painting commissioned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

Change the Deadpool poster to not mock the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Cassidy Carter started this petition to Tim Miller

... The petition, which has received more than 35,000 signatures in about a week, called for filmmaker Tim Miller to change the image, claiming it was a form of “religious discrimination.”

Miller, however, directed the first film but not the second, nor was he involved in the “Once Upon A Deadpool” recut.
:lol: Why didn't Jesus stop the author and now 37,408 signers from making such a dumb mistake?
... “Deadpool” has inserted characters into religious art before. One of the promotional images for the original “Deadpool 2” placed the film’s anti-hero and villain into “The Creation of Adam,” the iconic Michelangelo masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel:

Update: The actual director and producers have called the Mormons' publicity-generating whining a "miracle" for ticket sales.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 am
Some Mormons Are Raising Holy Heck Over New ‘Deadpool’ Promo
They’ve launched a petition against a new image promoting “Once Upon A Deadpool.”

An image promoting a recut of “Deadpool 2” has drawn the ire of some Mormons who say it mocks their faith, and one of those critics has launched a petition to have it pulled.

The poster for “Once Upon a Deadpool” ― a PG-13 recut of the hilariously crude “Deadpool 2″ ― appears to be a parody of “The Second Coming,” a Harry Anderson painting commissioned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

Change the Deadpool poster to not mock the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Cassidy Carter started this petition to Tim Miller

... The petition, which has received more than 35,000 signatures in about a week, called for filmmaker Tim Miller to change the image, claiming it was a form of “religious discrimination.”

Miller, however, directed the first film but not the second, nor was he involved in the “Once Upon A Deadpool” recut.
:lol: Why didn't Jesus stop the author and now 37,408 signers from making such a dumb mistake?
... “Deadpool” has inserted characters into religious art before. One of the promotional images for the original “Deadpool 2” placed the film’s anti-hero and villain into “The Creation of Adam,” the iconic Michelangelo masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel:

Update: The actual director and producers have called the Mormons' publicity-generating whining a "miracle" for ticket sales.

a couple of points

mormons have a mockable story
and where the fuck do they get off not including dogs in their fairyland picture?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:42 pm
a couple of points

mormons have a mockable story
and where the fuck do they get off not including dogs in their fairyland picture?
There are 6.5M Mormons in the US, 16.1M worldwide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormons

I don't know how the “Once Upon a Deadpool” PG-13 recut will do, but "Deadpool 2 grossed $318.5 million in the United States and Canada, and $415.8 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $734.2 million".

Figuring an average ticket price of $10 (which I don't know is reasonable), almost 32M Americans/Canadians and almost 42M others saw the movie. Heathens win!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://unitedchurchofbacon.org/
United Church of Bacon headquarters are located at the
Nevatican

Hail Bacon,
Full of Grease,
The Lard is with thee.
Blessed are thou amongst piggies,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Bacon God.
Holy Baconess, mother of Bacon God,
Pray for our Gluttoness
Now and at the hour of our premature Death.
Amen! Praise the Lard.

Please view our new Bacon Devotionals HERE.
I'm looking forward to that Xmas ham.
Church Officials

Kevin R Breen, Intergalactic Overlard
I've been outranked. :-||
1312. ETTD.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 pm
https://unitedchurchofbacon.org/
United Church of Bacon headquarters are located at the
Nevatican

Hail Bacon,
Full of Grease,
The Lard is with thee.
Blessed are thou amongst piggies,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Bacon God.
Holy Baconess, mother of Bacon God,
Pray for our Gluttoness
Now and at the hour of our premature Death.
Amen! Praise the Lard.

Please view our new Bacon Devotionals HERE.
I'm looking forward to that Xmas ham.
Church Officials

I'm not sure about that, have you looked at the size of your avatar lately......?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

bannination wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm
I'm not sure about that, have you looked at the size of your avatar lately......?
Goes well with his mouth and ego; don't ya think? :lol: :lol: :violent:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Sadly, my powers are earthbound . . . and I'm still unable to move posts around or delete 3 days of them.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Now, now, don't be jealous. They (people with small avatars) say that size doesn't matter.

Donald Trump forced to part ways with Tim Tebow Broncos helmet as part of charity scandal

I appreciate the irony in evangelical darling POSPOTUS getting busted ripping off charities, donors and the IRS by buying evangelical Tebow's helmet.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm
Now, now, don't be jealous. They (people with small avatars) say that size doesn't matter.

Donald Trump forced to part ways with Tim Tebow Broncos helmet as part of charity scandal

I appreciate the irony in evangelical darling POSPOTUS getting busted ripping off charities, donors and the IRS by buying evangelical Tebow's helmet.
I bet some evangelical dimwit buys it and gives it back to him. Or maybe Tim will just send him another one....he's probably got all kinds of Broncos stuff he could sign, sell, piss on, bless, curse, or otherwise anoint. Say yayah!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:47 pm
I bet some evangelical dimwit buys it and gives it back to him.
Could be, but at least the proceeds will go to a charity designated by the NY AG. :---P

Dolt. 45's interest in athletics seems to reflect his consistently desperate overcompensation for his other lacks.
Or maybe Tim will just send him another one....he's probably got all kinds of Broncos stuff he could sign, sell, piss on, bless, curse, or otherwise anoint. Say yayah!
I wondered about Tebow's politics, found this:
Evangelicals tend to be con, but not all of them are.

I also noticed this:
Tebow envisioned a foundation to give back to others during his college career, and he, along with other University of Florida students, created "First and 15", raising funds for Uncle Dick's Orphanage in the Philippines ...
Wow, that's an unfortunate orphanage name. :o

Found:
The Flying Spaghetti Monster boiled for our sins.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Well, Tebow may be sincere but I'm always leery of these hyper religious folks. I mean, so many prominent folks profess their faith and belief in Christian tenets but you don't see that spirit in the policies they advocate. Christianity is a convenient religion in that you don't have to adhere to it to advocate for it. I'ts always been a good crutch for the sleazy. I guess you could say that for any religion, which is why I don't subscribe. I believe in traffic lights, totals on the cash register, and a lot of other things. And I did not steal the missing baby Jesus figures that are missing in this area so don't ask me about it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:08 pm
Well, Tebow may be sincere but I'm always leery of these hyper religious folks. I mean, so many prominent folks profess their faith and belief in Christian tenets but you don't see that spirit in the policies they advocate. Christianity is a convenient religion in that you don't have to adhere to it to advocate for it. It's always been a good crutch for the sleazy. I guess you could say that for any religion, which is why I don't subscribe. I believe in traffic lights, totals on the cash register, and a lot of other things. And I did not steal the missing baby Jesus figures that are missing in this area so don't ask me about it.
If you had stolen the baby Jesus figures they wouldn't be missing, would they? Busted.

Agreed. Idk about Tebow, he might even be a baby Jesus figure thief. I do appreciate that:
He used to be in our faces with his religion, then stopped;
He failed in the NFL, but didn't whine about it;
He had some success as a sports broadcaster;
He's paying his dues in Double-A baseball despite getting old.

He doesn't bother me as much as he used to, though if he's still a virgin at 31 he's a moron.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

After all that, there's no doubt for me that he will become a tv evangelist and raise lots of money and praise god all the while. Amen. I figure about twenty thousand for each year he's been celibate. That's a substantial wad.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Opp opps.
WEIRD NEWS
Alabama Police Department Blames Homicide Increase On Godlessness, Satan
The devil is having his day menacing a small rural town, according to a bizarre Facebook post from local authorities.

... The agency provided no numbers on how many residents of the 6,500-person town it suspects of being nonbelievers or whether it plans to do anything about it beyond publicly chastising them....

In addition to courting controversy, the post, which went viral, managed to attract numerous trolls to the police department’s Facebook page. Everything that has been posted since Tuesday ― from weather updates to police calls ― has resulted in comments jokingly placing the blame on Satan’s shoulders.
Hilarious!
Still, of the many unanswered questions is whether Satan is actually working overtime in Opp. HuffPost on Friday was unable to locate the diabolical entity for comment.
:D

Funny, murder rates are lower on average in non-Bible Belt states.

Homicide Mortality by State: 2014

Maybe godliness, not Satan, is the problem.

Comments:
well the god to people ratio was pretty close to its height when cain killed abel. so i am not sure having god in the mix is a great shield from deadly sin.
They just gave defense attorneys more to work with.
Santa, Satan, they kinda dress alike, and are in favor of free will.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.