The Religion Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The Religion Thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

homerfobe wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:23 pm
... I've got enough damn brains ... O'Hare bitch ...
Irony.

Madalyn Murray O'Hair

Mr.B is an immoral, moronic misogynist, again.
bannination wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:34 pm
Uh.... they do still teach religion classes, and it's perfectly acceptable to discuss it.

Apparently you don't have enough damn brains to determine fact from fox news.
And a pathetic, dishonorable, lying crybaby. Must be poor parenting and education.
Last edited by Vrede too on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

homerfobe wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:46 pm

The libbers are going to be lining up to have their picture taken with their foil hats now that it's legal.
It's freedom of religion. I thought you were in favor.

No, really.

Consider Liberty University, the mandatory campaign trail stop for Republicans. A university which teaches young-earth creationism in its "science" classes and will fail you for giving correct answers. Where they banned the university's College Democrats club because Democrats can't be Christian.

If Liberty University can be an accredited university, then Pastafarianism can be an accredited religion.

Of course, that's the problem with faith-based rules. Try coming up with a standard that allows Christianity or Islam or Hinduism, but not Pastafarianism. All have the same ability to "prove" their legitimacy.

If you want to set the limit on the age of the religion, then where do you draw the line? Mormonism and many other popular American denominations are quite young. The Catholics would rule out Protestantism. The Jews might rule out Catholicism.

But for those of us whose beliefs are based on evidence and reason, it's only our problem when the religious make it so.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

bannination wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:34 pm
Uh.... they do still teach religion classes, and it's perfectly acceptable to discuss it.
Yup. What makes certain Christians react with pearl-clutching horror is that those classes generally discuss MULTIPLE religions, on a level playing field.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"pearl-clutching horror" - :lol: I'll bet that Mr.B/homerfobe looks fabulous with pearls.
homerfobe wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:46 pm
... foil hats ...
Says the screeching wingnut cretin that just posted that religion isn't "allowed to be discussed in a classroom".
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

I sure got all your dander in a fluff didn't I? :lol: :lol: I knew you bunch of gooney fruitbats would have a cow when I said that todays people had attitudes that reflected the lack of any moral or ethical training that for the most part began with religion. Too phuggin phunny! Even got called Mr.B again by that paranoid tu-tu wearing fruitcake that sees Mr.B around every corner.
Spoiler:
BOO!!Image (pardon the blade, it's part of the picture. Don't shit your pants thinking its a threat)
So tell us Verde tu-tu. What makes you so damn sure I'm Mr.B? You mouth it and spew your horseshit but don't have the proof or balls to put your money where your mouth is. I think your just pissed that he got the best of you and because I happened along again the same time you got his ass run off, you're doing your damnest to impress your sheepies with your usual horseshit. Loser.

rstrong again spews his stupidness with that tired old same shit about crime rates dropping (while he was up in under his rock), binky yipping along behind tu-tu man famously doing his yup,yup, yup.

SSDD
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

homerfobe wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:16 pm
I sure got all your dander in a fluff didn't I? :lol: :lol: I knew you bunch of gooney fruitbats would have a cow when I said that todays people had attitudes that reflected the lack of any moral or ethical training that for the most part began with religion. Too phuggin phunny! Even got called Mr.B again by that paranoid tu-tu wearing fruitcake that sees Mr.B around every corner.
Spoiler:
BOO!!Image (pardon the blade, it's part of the picture. Don't shit your pants thinking its a threat)
So tell us Verde tu-tu. What makes you so damn sure I'm Mr.B? You mouth it and spew your horseshit but don't have the proof or balls to put your money where your mouth is. I think your just pissed that he got the best of you and because I happened along again the same time you got his ass run off, you're doing your damnest to impress your sheepies with your usual horseshit. Loser.

rstrong again spews his stupidness with that tired old same shit about crime rates dropping (while he was up in under his rock), binky yipping along behind tu-tu man famously doing his yup,yup, yup.

SSDD

How does one go about getting so misinformed about everything? Seriously, I mean what do you have to do to get to that level?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

SSDD. homerfobe gets busted in whiny stupidity and lies, desperately deflects from it like the dishonorable, immoral, unethical coward he is.

I'm actually not so sure you're Mr.B (who never "got the best of" me, moron), but we have a long list of indicators that you are and a diminishing list of indicators that you aren't. At the moment, the former is added to by your newfound defense of religion using Mr.B's exact idiotic rhetoric and your posting more often and on a wider range of topics than ever before, not to mention your desperate and pathetic obsession with me. Despite my not being positive I just wanted to hit your Easy Button and it worked. Too phuggin phunny!
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

homerfobe wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:16 pm
I sure got all your dander in a fluff didn't I? :lol: :lol: I knew you bunch of gooney fruitbats would have a cow..

I made a point of responding politely. (And correctly, regarding crime rates. Do you want the citations again?)

YOU responded with an infantile tantrum and insults. Re-read your first line. It applies only to you.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

Vrede tu-tu wrote:

SSDD. homerfobe gets busted in whiny stupidity and lies, desperately deflects from it like the dishonorable, immoral, unethical coward he is

I'm actually not so sure you're Mr.B
Accuse first ask questions later? Guilty until proven innocent?

(who never "got the best of" me, moron),
Sure he did, moron. Remember these famous words? "I have asked banni to delete all my posts because I don't trust Mr. B"

but we have a long list of indicators that you are and a diminishing list of indicators that you aren't.
So you have no clue what your talking about. Got it. Who's the 'we'? The non-existent moderators? You're the only one who's so paranoid you see Mr.B in your dreams. Your buddy bb.pilgrim thinks I'm Seth Milner. He really ought to get his head out from under your tu-tu, the stench is getting to him.

At the moment, the former is added to by your newfound defense of religion
I'm not defending religion, you ignorant horse's ass. I said that when kids were raised in a religious environment, the discipline received under those auspices was carried with them through life. The rude little dope-smoking, body pierced, tattooed numnuts you see running around out there today with their I care less attitudes are a reflection of what they learned, or didn't learn, at home. To put it in my alternate identity's words "you reap what you sow". Hence we now know where Vrede's attitude got it's training.

using Mr.B's exact idiotic rhetoric
Anybody that ever posted in this forum that had any religious leaning was deemed by the home-trained to be idiots.

and your posting more often and on a wider range of topics than ever before,
You all got lucky. If my brother hadn't went in the hospital, I wouldn't be back in the states. You'll have me while he recuperates,
you lucky assholes.

not to mention your desperate and pathetic obsession with me.
Since you cried like the pathetic baby you are and had your posts removed, I can't repost some of the horseshit you directed at me when I arrived on the scene. I'm doing payback. And enjoying it.

Despite my not being positive I just wanted to hit your Easy Button and it worked.
We all are aware you enjoy our insult swapping; it gets you off. You even think you have your sheepies fooled into thinking you don't read my posts because you don't respond to them. Taking a cue from your nemesis, I began counting views and guess what? Ol' tu-tu's a'reading! How do I know? OK, so you don't show when your online, but when you just made a post and the info bar says only two hidden guests are are online,
(Users browsing this forum: homerfobe and 1 guest) and one of them is me, and it shows a thread just had a viewer, guess who that is??? (You get three guesses) And then, like the dishonorable, immoral, unethical coward you are, you proclaim you didn't read my post like you think any one believes you. Vrede tu-tu gets busted in whiny stupidity and lies

Too phuggin phunny!
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

homerfobe wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:28 pm
I'm not defending religion, you ignorant horse's ass. I said that when kids were raised in a religious environment, the discipline received under those auspices was carried with them through life.
That "religious discipline" was responsible for the terrorist attack in London yesterday.

Before you complain about *which* religion, remember that it was Christians - from Guy Fawkes to the IRA - claiming Christian causes - regularly setting off bombs in London until the last decade. Not to mention bombings by their own right-wing - upstanding Christians - targeting ethnic minorities, gays, etc.

It's the same story here in Canada. Whether it's an American soldier bombing the Montreal subway to protest the Pope's visit, an American sniper shooting doctors linked to abortion (including in my home town) or the Trump/Le Pen supporter shooting up a mosque, "raised in a religious environment" encouraged them rather than stopped them.

Your current President is a racist buffoon and birther with a heavily Nazi-leaning chief advisor and an outright non-metaphorical Nazi as another advisor. Who advocated violence from fist fights to carpet bombing to rape during the election. The Religious Right elected him and supports him. The previous Republican, Mitt Romney, was a draft dodger Mormon missionary at a time when his church was teaching that blacks were cursed and could not be considered equals. The Religious Right supported him.

As with Mr.B, religion doesn't stop one from being an asshole. More often it's used to justify it.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

And of course in Northern Ireland the Christians bombed and shot each other for decades.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Of course that's defending religion, you ignorant horse's ass, whether or not you have faith. It's so cute when you either don't understand your own posts or are desperately try to run away from them.

Srebrenica massacre

"moral or ethical"?

Religious Right supported Trump is also a draft dodger and more of a chickenhawk than Romney. Mitten was at least doing what he thought was good rather than enriching himself, and never tried to pretend to be the "tough guy" that Trump does. Then, there's the serial adultery, the serial lying, the peeping at girls and admitted sexual abuse. What's religion good for again?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:02 am
Of course that's defending religion, you ignorant horse's ass, whether or not you have faith. It's so cute when you either don't understand your own posts or are desperately try to run away from them.

Srebrenica massacre

"moral or ethical"?

Religious Right supported Trump is also a draft dodger and more of a chickenhawk than Romney. Mitten was at least doing what he thought was good rather than enriching himself, and never tried to pretend to be the "tough guy" that Trump does. Then, there's the serial adultery, the serial lying, the peeping at girls and admitted sexual abuse. What's religion good for again?

mittens was hiding in the French Riviera

His so called missionary exemption was only good for one year but daddy got some sort of Romney only extension
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I didn't mean to sound like Mitten wasn't draft dodging. He also publicly supported the Vietnam War while shunning service, which is disgusting.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:19 am
mittens was hiding in the French Riviera

His so called missionary exemption was only good for one year but daddy got some sort of Romney only extension
It's that Republican hypocrisy legal requirement.

Once they accused Bill Clinton of being a draft dodger, they were apparently legally obligated to only be led by draft dodgers. Quayle, Bush II, Cheney, Romney, Trump, etc.

Once they declared Obama ineligible to be President because his father was foreign-born, they could only nominate Mitt (father born in Mexico) Romney.

They declared Obama - a black kid born to a single mother in the 1960s - to be "elitist." And so Mittens felt obligated - in the middle of the election - to have a car elevator installed in one of his beach mansions. And they followed Obama with Trump.

Etc. etc. etc.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:12 am
I didn't mean to sound like Mitten wasn't draft dodging. He also publicly supported the Vietnam War while shunning service, which is disgusting.
Yep. That's the worst. I have no problem with draft-dodging. In fact, I wish there had been 2,709,918 more successful draft dodgers. But supporting the war for other people to go fight is just evil.

O Really
Admiral

First major theocracy ruling from the Supreme Court...

BREAKING: Justices Allow ERISA Exemption For Church-Affiliated Hospitals
Share us on: By Jeannie O'Sullivan

Law360, New York (June 5, 2017, 10:28 AM EDT) -- The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday extended the Employee Retirement Income Security Act's religious exemption provision to benefit plans maintained by church affiliates, regardless of whether an actual church established the plan, handing a win to hospitals seeking freedom from ERISA's plan requirements.

Advocate Health Care Network, Saint Peter’s Healthcare System and Dignity Health had sought to overturn federal circuit rulings that the exemption applied only if the church established the benefit plan. The hospitals argued that a 1980 amendment to ERISA clarified that a church-affiliated organization, not a church itself, too could maintain such a plan and still be exempt.

The hospitals were fighting lawsuits by employees who feared their retirement plans would be vulnerable without the protection of ERISA, the 1974 law setting forth minimal funding, insurance and disclosure requirements for benefit plans. The employees argued that the amendment at the core of the argument also included the wording in an earlier version of the provision, which said that the benefits plan must be “established and maintained” by a church.

Lisa S. Blatt of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP argued the case for the petitioners.

Malcolm Stewart of the U.S. Department of Justice argued the case for the government.

James A. Feldman argued the case for the respondents.

The cases are Advocate Health Care Network et al. v. Stapleton et al., case number 16-74, Saint Peter’s Healthcare System et al. v. Kaplan, case number 16-86, and Dignity Health et al. v. Rollins, case number 16-258, all in the Supreme Court of the United States.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:roll:

New uniform:

New philosophy:

Found: "According to eye witnesses the shooter was dressed in a gold robe screaming 'This is for Buddah!'" , said no one ever.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

doonesbury_reasonists.png
doonesbury_reasonists.png (73.44 KiB) Viewed 745 times