The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by Mr.B »

"It seems absurd to me that municipalities can't pass ordinances to protect all its citizens.
We may not ignore, for example, State animal welfare laws, but we may write stricter ordinances".
State animal welfare laws cover a lower class of animals.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Mr.B wrote:
"It seems absurd to me that municipalities can't pass ordinances to protect all its citizens.
We may not ignore, for example, State animal welfare laws, but we may write stricter ordinances".
So Republicans are covered by state animal welfare laws? There is no lower class of animal than they.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
So Republicans are covered by state animal welfare laws? There is no lower class of animal than they.
Only one notch lower than Democrats?
You got the drift.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:... He had no legal basis to demand cities be allowed to pass their own ordinances....
That makes no sense, cities could 13 months ago. This is not a matter of what Cooper could legally do or not. He had the choice to either sign this bad bill that partially endorses what the GOP did or to not sign it and let the GOP keep getting all the blame for the economic havoc until full repeal happened, local authority was maintained and cities could protect vulnerable populations from bigotry when the state refused to do so.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Thirteen months or forever ago NC cities could only pass ordinances that the legislature chose to let them or to ignore. At any time, the Republican goons could have over-ruled any ordinance they wanted to. That was always the case. This instance just made that situation more publicly known and the potential negative impact better understood.

It's hard to argue that it's in the best interest of anyone to let the state go further into the maelstrom and particularly with no guarantee that the Republicans really would suffer the brunt of the blame for it. There's certainly an argument to be made that the side that walks away from a decent if imperfect deal is also responsible for the effects. To get past this, we need a solid message that the Republicans caused the problem, and the Dems, led by Cooper, led to a resolution. That's the only way to hang the whole mess around their sorry Republican asses like an albatross in every election in every district.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I don't see that there's really an effective "way to hang the whole mess around their sorry Republican asses" anymore. Whatever happens - campaigning by human rights and local control advocates, continuing boycotts, tarnished reputation - the GOP can now point to the supporting Dem votes and Cooper's signature.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

The new bill may not be satisfactory to us, or to other activist groups, but it's likely to be good enough for the majority of people who just want the controversy to go away. And although Republicans will always try to blame Dems stupidly (like Trump blaming Dems for not passing the NoCare bill), I'd rather defend my vote on a reasonable compromise measure than to defend having voted to pass or keep the disaster in the first place.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I guess I'm dubious whether defending "having voted to pass or keep the disaster in the first place" will be necessary for the GOP any longer. It's hard to build a campaign or make a 30 second ad around - The GOP did something bad a while ago, but it's now been only partially fixed with the complicity of Dems.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

reposted
Last edited by Mr.B on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Mr.B wrote:

Do you ever remove your blinders?
What part of "for example" don't you get?
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

k9nanny wrote:"Do you ever remove your blinders?"
I remember there was this one time back in 1998 ... in the Winter, I believe ...
What part of "for example" don't you get?
I'll get back to you on that ...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

NCAA: Hold your line in North Carolina (ACLU petition)

To the NCAA:

Don’t be fooled by North Carolina’s so-called HB2 ‘repeal’ law. This new law does NOT truthfully repeal HB2 – it doubles down on some of the worst parts of the law. Do not bring championship games back to North Carolina until HB2 is fully repealed. North Carolina still cannot provide the “safe, healthy, discrimination-free atmosphere for all those watching and participating” that you insisted upon last year when you relocated NCAA championships.
The only positive about this "compromise" is that a very small handful of local LGBTQ nondiscrimination ordinances, but not Charlotte's, are back on the books, and the statewide prohibition on trans people using the bathroom of their choice was removed. However, since that ban had no penalties and no enforcement mechanism the "compromise" is a meaningless gain in the real world.

So, all that some cowardly Dems and Cooper effectively did is sign on to banning local governments from enacting nondiscrimination ordinances until 2020, possibly longer depending on elections, nothing more. We'll see if the NCAA and other entities buy it or not.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Transgenderism Made Easy ... Use the restroom of your choice!

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

THE NCAA PLAYS GAMES IN CUBA AND CHINA ...

BUT THEY REFUSE TO PLAY GAMES IN NORTH CAROLINA
BECAUSE OF "HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS".

LET THAT SINK IN ...
AS WELL AS IGNORING ANIMAL CRUELTY IN THE
FUR TRADE, WHICH IS BIG BUSINESS IN CHINA

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

200 pages! Lots of good discussion about rights, but we never would have gotten here without those that obsess about gay sex, nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

"200 pages! Lots of good discussion about rights, but we never would have gotten here without those that obsess about gay sex, nttawwt."
I've always wondered about Banni's starting this thread. Strange thread indeed.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Mr.B wrote:
"200 pages! Lots of good discussion about rights, but we never would have gotten here without those that obsess about gay sex, nttawwt."
I've always wondered about Banni's starting this thread. Strange thread indeed.
If I remember right, it was mostly due to you and a few other wingnuts that were most definitely homophobic and couldn't handle not being able to ban people with whom they disagree and have since left to a forum that supports free speech as much as China.

While they were entertaining, at least the average IQ went up when they left.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

bannination wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
"I've always wondered about Banni's starting this thread. Strange thread indeed."
"If I remember right, it was mostly due to you and a few other wingnuts...."
You've a very poor memory then. I went back and looked; YOU started this circus of your obsession in November 2012; I made my first post 23 pages and seven months later in June 2013. Homerfobe was the most frequent outspoken poster that ripped you guys at every opportunity.

"While they were entertaining, at least the average IQ went up when they left."
Again, Homerfobe was the one who spoke most frequently against the subject of the thread. While Leo Lyons and Doohickey, who are now both departed, threw in their opposing two-cents worth, a larger number of the supporters of the thread's subject have departed as well.

You're correct, the average IQ's left; the higher IQ's, from both sides, stuck around. :thumbup: