The homophobic thread :>

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The homophobic thread :>

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Headline you NEVER expected to see:
Utah's Hatch urges support for LGBT youth in Senate speech

... Hatch said Wednesday that the suicide epidemic is especially acute among LGBT teens as he spoke in favor of a proposal that would create a national suicide prevention hotline.

"No one should ever feel less because of their gender identity or sexual orientation," said Hatch, according to a recording of the speech. "LGBT youth deserve our unwavering love and support. They deserve our validation and the assurance that not only is there a place for them in this society, but that it is far better off because of them."

Hatch last week applauded the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in favor of a Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple. In 1988, he called the Democratic Party the "the party of homosexuals" in a derisive comment he later said he regretted....

Last year, Hatch defended transgender people after President Donald Trump Tweeted that he would not "accept or allow" transgender people to serve in the U.S. military.

"These young people need us — and we desperately need them," Hatch said Wednesday. "We need their light to illuminate the richness and diversity of God's creations. We need the grace, beauty and brilliance they bring to the world."

... Hatch said people should not just "tolerate, but love," no matter if a person is a religious conservative or secular liberal. LGBT youth deserve acceptance for who they are, which he said wasn't a choice but how they were born.

"If there were ever a time to show our LGBT friends just how much we love them, it is now in a world where millions suffer in silence," Hatch said. "We owe it to each other to love loudly."
Good for him, but it also looks like rstrong was correct about how soon the GOP will claim to have always been gay tolerant. A lot of them won't be cynical, they'll actually believe it.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:26 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:54 am
billy.pilgrim’s US Rep., Matt Gaetz:

Florida Republican who tried to abolish EPA says toxic algae crisis is 'horrifying'
"The American people are drowning in rules and regulations promulgated by unelected bureaucrats..."

He got that part right, anyway
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2458&start=340
Like Sessions?

SPLC responds to attorney general's defense of anti-LGBT hate group, attack on SPLC
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

That's a dumb post. It's not Obama trying to force trans people out of the bathroom of their choice. The pic represents what POSPOTUS and the GOP want.

In Response To The New York Times’ October 21 Story “Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence”
In response to a story by The New York Times about efforts within the Trump administration to eliminate the rights of transgender people, Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality, issued the following statement: ...

Tell the Trump administration: Stop the attacks on transgender people

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

But suppose the pic were real. So what?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:55 am
But suppose the pic were real. So what?
Wouldn't bother me, but she's more likely to get assaulted in a men's room.

Anyhow, my point wasn't about whether it's real. Rather, it's about how stupid it is to blame Obama for something Repugs and now Dolt .45 are making more likely.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Understood, but what I was thinking was that the person(s) creating/passing around that pic do so with the assumption that anyone would be offended/skeered/annoyed by having a transgender (or regular female) peeing beside them. IRL at crowded venues with long lines to the ladies and shorter to none at the mens, I've seen desperate women using the mens. Nobody seemed to care or pay much attention.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I think it's meant to be racist an transphobic at the same time, not to mention appealing to those that take pics in men's rooms (hmmm).
O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:58 am
Understood, but what I was thinking was that the person(s) creating/passing around that pic do so with the assumption that anyone would be offended/skeered/annoyed by having a transgender (or regular female) peeing beside them. IRL at crowded venues with long lines to the ladies and shorter to none at the mens, I've seen desperate women using the mens. Nobody seemed to care or pay much attention.
Sharing wouldn't bother me, but I've usually just seen women take over the men's room until the lines are equalized. Seems inefficient to me since the stalls have doors and they're not using the urinals, but I wasn't brave enough to argue the point. :D
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

The post is dumb? I guess that means you failed to see the humor in it too? BTW, That's a beaver-with-a-lever; you know, a Bruce Jenner (aka Caitlyn) wannabee. :lol: :lol: (the look on the guy's face is a scream!)
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:07 pm
I think it's meant to be racist an transphobic at the same time, not to mention appealing to those that take pics in men's rooms (hmmm).
I think it's meant to be construed whatever you want it to be; but the intent was humor. The Obama factor, I believe was tossed in to piss off the liberals!
O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:58 am
I've shared pee-times with women in public restrooms, didn't bother (or excite me) in the least bit. (Something about hearing the flow of piss tends to lower my libido) At any rate, you gotta go, you gotta go.
The photo is obviously staged, so don't y'all go gettin' y'alls draws all in a sling! :lol:
Sharing wouldn't bother me, but I've usually just seen women take over the men's room until the lines are equalized. Seems inefficient to me since the stalls have doors and they're not using the urinals, but I wasn't brave enough to argue the point. :D

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Dozens of major companies just warned Trump not to mess with transgender rights

Dozens of major companies have warned the Trump administration to stop attacking transgender people. 56 corporations joined the statement to “oppose any administrative and legislative efforts to erase transgender protections.”

“Treating all people fairly, equally and with respect is the very core of IBM’s values. We believe no one should be discriminated against for being who they are,” Tia Silas, Global Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer for IBM said in an emailed statement.

“That’s why we’re proud to stand in support of the transgender and entire LGBT+ communities, and it’s why we will continue advocating for Congress to pass the Equality Act and ensure transgender individuals are treated equally under the law.”

Collectively, the companies employ nearly 4.8 million people and generate more than $2.4 trillion in annual revenue....
Nancy Pelosi says that the Equality Act will be a top priority for Democrats

The founder of ‘Gays for Trump’ got trounced in his North Carolina election

Awww.

A (Duncan, South Carolina) student threatened to bomb his high school to ‘cleanse’ it of LGBT kids

Added to my white male Christian con terrorist list.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nothing earth-shattering, just a couple of moments to be thankful for:

On June 26, 2015:

Michelle Obama reveals she snuck out of White House to celebrate gay marriage ruling
The former first lady and her daughter Malia secretly joined the public to celebrate the 2015 landmark ruling and see the White House lit in rainbow colors.

November 22, 2018:
Two girls. Just kissed. On live TV. On the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I suddenly cried. Lovely. Thanks given to @ThePromMusical. (& Macy’s/NBC.) & lesbians everywhere. & turkeys. For their sacrifice. But esp. @ThePromMusical.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ma ... 6d930c8577
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Game over - now we have proof that she is transgender and Obama is gay
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mr.B's perverted team exposed, again.

Texas pastor who heads anti-LGBT hate group resigns after hiring prostitutes

Not that patronizing prostitutes is perverted, it's Pastor Donnie Romero vile hatred and moral hypocrisy that is.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There's a reason that Donald Trump is able to constantly attack the LGBTQ community: There is still no federal law protecting LGBTQ people from discrimination.

Despite hard-fought progress in recent years, LGBTQ people have no explicit legal guarantee of their civil rights. That would change if Congress finally passes the Equality Act....

The petition to Congress reads:

"It’s long past time for LGBTQ people to have full civil rights. Pass the Equality Act."
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm
Mr.B's perverted team exposed, again.
I told you. Still got Mr.B living in your head! "PARANOIA"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I posted that in case he's lurking, which he has been known to do. It does NOT mean that I know he's lurking or that I'm afraid of the possibility. It's adorable how often you make a complete idiot of yourself because you're so desperately obsessed with trying to get a dig in on me.

Now, are you going to whine some more or are you going to address the topic I posted about?
1312. ETTD.