Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Vrede too »

Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross seeing black America for the first time:

They got over it, though.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Also:
BBC: Far-right smear campaign against Antifa exposed by Bellingcat
Researcher Eliot Higgins of website Bellingcat found evidence that the campaign is being orchestrated on internet messageboard 4Chan by far-right sympathisers.

One image shows the slogan "53% of white women voted for Trump, 53% of white women should look like this", above a photograph of a woman with a bruised and cut face and an anti-fascist symbol.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Also:
PolitiFact: Viral post gets it wrong about extent of slavery in 1860

'3,000 blacks owned a total of 20,000 slaves the same year.'
In addition, the figure is almost certainly inflated by a legal quirk in most antebellum southern states.

It includes "many ‘owned’ family members whom they had purchased to become free," said Eric Foner, a Columbia University historian and the author of such books as The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery. "You could not free a slave in most southern states without sending them out of the state."
[...]
As Woodson wrote in his 1924 book Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830, "In many instances the husband purchased the wife or vice versa. … Slaves of Negroes were in some cases the children of a free father who had purchased his wife. If he did not thereafter emancipate the mother, as so many such husbands failed to do, his own children were born his slaves and were thus reported to the numerators."

In other cases, Woodson wrote, "Benevolent Negroes often purchased slaves to make their lot easier by granting them their freedom for a nominal sum, or by permitting them to work it out on liberal terms."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

3 Facts That Prove the Reality of White Supremacy

... 1. Black college graduates make less money than white high school dropouts.

... While there are a number of complicated reasons for the black achievement gap, even if a black person achieves his or her educational goals and works hard, that black person is still compensated less than a white person with less education and experience.
Discrimination is the only logical explanation for this. There is no ladder to economic freedom if the best-case scenario for the average black child is that—no matter what he or she does—he or she will still be less than a white child who isn’t as smart or accomplished. It is the very definition of white supremacy.

2. Black schools are underfunded.

... Even when the school districts have the same revenue; even when black families have the same income as their white counterparts, the single determining factor in how much money a school receives almost always correlates to the percentage of black students at the school.

... even in the same school district, schools with a large white population receive more money on the local level than schools with a large percentage of black students. When people use the term “systematic racism,” this is what they mean.

3. Black unemployment is consistently twice that of white unemployment.

A black person is far less likely to find a job than a white person with the same education and experience, according to the Economic Policy Institute. Let that sink in. Even with the same qualifications, a white person is deemed “more qualified” or more employable than a black person.

In fact, Pew Research shows that—regardless of the economic climate—since 1954, whites have been twice as likely as blacks to find a job.

There are other statistics that show how blacks are prosecuted more often for the same crimes, receive longer jail sentences and are more likely to die at the hands of police, but we knew this already.

... The monster we have been telling you about for so many years has finally come out from under black America’s bed. It is a filthy little ratlike creature that we have always known was real. Never again can you say it is a figment of our paranoia.

And no, you cannot keep it.
It's less shocking that anti-racists are sometimes violent than it is that they are so restrained.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I learned me some good history at the Save the Statue rally in Pensacola yesterday.
The loudest patriot history teacher was an awesome 50 something impressively dressed in a rebel flag shirt, a Confederate private's hat, huge beard, over the knee cut off jeans and clogs while sporting the biggest whiskey infused big gulp I've ever seen.
He never stopped teaching loud history to us evil liberals, in spite of being outnumbered a hundred to one, until his big gulp ran out. Then he staggered to his red early 70s truck, did a couple flag waving circles around the crowd and drunkenly drove away while the police watched.

I left with a new and greater understanding of life and history:
"Democraps invented the KKK and then they cheated in elections, turned into Nazis to take away guns, spread lies about global warming and they murder black babies in order to return the blacks to the plantation."

Why isn't this taught in our public schools?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Dallas Cowboys party shooting: Gunman kills seven after opening fire at Texas home

Look at all the commenters claiming that victims and shooter were black. They were white.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Here in the Land of Morman, I've noticed that they don't report shootings because there are no black people to blame them on. I've noticed there have been no police shootings reported, either, again because there are no black people to shoot. I did see one black woman this afternoon, possibly one of the few around. Spotting black people in Utah is like looking for bears in Yellowstone, except there are more bears.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:19 am
Look at all the commenters claiming that victims and shooter were black. They were white.
Opps, the shooter, the ex-wife and some of the other victims were white. Some of the victims were black.
http://www.kiiitv.com/news/police-name- ... /473191528
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

People mixing socially with race being irrelevant. That's even more offensive to modern Republicans.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

True, and it may have been a factor, but for now all we know about is the shooter's butthurt misogyny. Otoh, the commenters that assumed the shooter was black are clearly racists and may or may not also be misogynists.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Are clowns' rainbow afros cultural appropriation?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 pm
Are clowns' rainbow afros cultural appropriation?
Yes, but gays, blacks and Harpo Marx fans can't agree on which culture.

Is my avatar more wrong because it's cultural appropriation, species appropriation or because of the anthropomorphizing?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I came accross this MLK quote today:
I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.
Sound familiar? Saw some dude post this on FB:

Also, when the Clemson coach (I think) commented on the matter, he echoed the same sentiment: The NFL game is not the time and a place. Why not schedule a press conference, he asked?

My rebuttal would be: The NFL players kneeling have the national spot light. They even got the attention of the president. It's evident what they're doing is working. The whole country is talking about it right now.

Do people not realize this?

Scheduling a press conference and most will probably ignore it.

The NFL kneeling "controversy" is a textbook example of a non-violent protest that works.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

People demanding NFL players stand for the anthem under threat of job termination: "I demand you pretend to be patriotic for my own entertainment, and because it makes ME feel good."

It's shameful to force someone to go against what's in their heart for someone else's entertainment and pleasure. You can't coerce someone to truly believe something by threat of force.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I have yet to see any of the people whining about 'not the place for politics, do it on your own time' complain about the hours of fawning over the military and police that we've all accepted in our decades of NFL viewing, not one.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Someone on reddit said something along the lines of:

- NFL passes a rule that players HAVE to stand for the national anthem. Players comply, but they refuse to place their hands over their hearts in protest
- NFL passes a rule that players must stand and place their hands over their hearts. Players comply, but stand with their back facing the flag in protest.
- NFL passes a rule that players must stand, face the flag, and put their hands over their hearts. Players comply, but now they stare straight up at the sky rather than face the flag in protest.

You all see where this is going, and how inane it is to force someone to do something against their will. It's utterly meaningless and the rules will have to get ever more strict until it's just become utterly ridiculous.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 pm
I have yet to see any of the people whining about 'not the place for politics, do it on your own time' complain about the hours of fawning over the military and police that we've all accepted in our decades of NFL viewing, not one.
It's really creepy how this whole tilt towards authoritarianism creeped up on us. Several years ago and I would've said people were being hyperbolic, but it's a slow creep and most people are totally blind to it and I totally see it. Back when BLM was in the news, people started buying up those American flags with the blue bar down the middle. You see them everywhere. People started coming out with nearly unconditional support of law enforcement. There's nothing wrong with supporting your communities law enforcement officers, they do have a difficult job, but nobody and no entity deserves a carte blanche to do whatever they want. Unfortunately, many "supporters" seem to give them this. Every entity that holds power needs to be kept in check and held accountable. Isn't that why our country rebelled in the first place? It's a blind worship of authority.

Then there were the attacks on "PC culture" and whiny "SJW's" everywhere. I fell victim to this. It was completely overblown but people began to think every facet of society became infected with rabid leftists being overly PC. Their response to this made up issue was a hard shift right. Anything to the left was considered a "sissification" of America. A worship of strength, power, and so forth was their answer.

A bunch of other things too, but it's interesting watching it gradually unfold and here we are today. Got more to add but I need to get some shit done. Peace!