Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Vrede too »

JTA wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:27 pm
... - NFL passes a rule that players must stand, face the flag, and put their hands over their hearts. Players comply, but now they stare straight up at the sky rather than face the flag in protest....
They'll also need a rule to prevent that hand from having a certain finger extended.

The 2016 Russian pro-Dolt .45 facebook ads are starting to be released. Xenophobia was big among them. Now, some people are saying that the same Russians are posting about the NFL controversy, on both sides of the debate to stir the pot and increase the heat. No word yet on whether the intent is just general mayhem or intentional deflection from Dolt .45's many failings including the Russia collusion.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

There's not a white person alive who can KNOW what it's like to be inside black skin.
Some of us acknowledge the problem. Others believe that a gunned down black person would have been OK if he hadn't done something wrong. These whites don't have any imagination- they can't put themselves in that place of fear. The closest some of us can get is "It increases my paranoia, like looking in the mirror and seeing a police car."

Rather than recognize disparity, they focus on this disrespecting the flag nonsense. Unfortunately, the BLOTUS refuses to recognize the motive behind the protests. If we concentrate on disrespect, we needn't acknowledge racism.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:53 pm
JTA wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:27 pm
... - NFL passes a rule that players must stand, face the flag, and put their hands over their hearts. Players comply, but now they stare straight up at the sky rather than face the flag in protest....
They'll also need a rule to prevent that hand from having a certain finger extended.

The 2016 Russian pro-Dolt .45 facebook ads are starting to be released. Xenophobia was big among them. Now, some people are saying that the same Russians are posting about the NFL controversy, on both sides of the debate to stir the pot and increase the heat. No word yet on whether the intent is just general mayhem or intentional deflection from Dolt .45's many failings including the Russia collusion.
This country is totally screwed. RIP USA.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:32 pm
There's not a white person alive who can KNOW what it's like to be inside black skin.
Some of us acknowledge the problem. Others believe that a gunned down black person would have been OK if he hadn't done something wrong.

It's like saying the poster-stealing kid deserved to be killed by North Korea.

These whites don't have any imagination- they can't put themselves in that place of fear. The closest some of us can get is "It increases my paranoia, like looking in the mirror and seeing a police car."

Ultimately, it's fear of equality, proportional power sharing and competing on a level playing field. It's not like nonwhites will have the advantage here for a long, long time. if ever.

Rather than recognize disparity, they focus on this disrespecting the flag nonsense. Unfortunately, the BLOTUS

:D Biggest Liar Of The United States

refuses to recognize the motive behind the protests. If we concentrate on disrespect, we needn't acknowledge racism.

It's our seemingly incurable national disease.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Okay, it's weird to petition just one coach, but they do make some reasonable arguments for doing so.
Tell University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban:

“Take a stand against Donald Trump’s racism. Disavow his hateful critique of NFL protesters who are speaking out against systemic racism and police brutality. Affirm your players’ right to protest and pledge not to take your team to the White House if you win the national championship.”
I'm guessing they won't be condemning him if he doesn't say more than he already has, which was pretty good.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

k9nanny wrote:
I think a white person living in Japan might be able to make the claim.

"I had the great good fortune to live in Japan for about 8 or 9 months, back in the mid 80s. Being a Brit, it was a delightful pleasure to return to the traditional values that served the British Empire well - misogyny, rampant xenophobia, a hierarchical class system beyond belief and a blind obedience to ill-deserved authority."
- Spike Young

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:11 pm
k9nanny wrote:
I think a white person living in Japan might be able to make the claim.

"I had the great good fortune to live in Japan for about 8 or 9 months, back in the mid 80s. Being a Brit, it was a delightful pleasure to return to the traditional values that served the British Empire well - misogyny, rampant xenophobia, a hierarchical class system beyond belief and a blind obedience to ill-deserved authority."
- Spike Young
Isn't Spike Young saying that it was worse to go back to Britain? It's not 100% clear to me where the "return" is referring to.

I wouldn't know, but I've heard that it's even worse being a black person living in Japan. Anyhow, I don't think it's apt to compare a white visitor's experience there to that of a black citizen here. I wonder if they do things like this in Japan:

Bar With Homemade 'Lynch Kaepernick' Doormat Can't Figure Out Why Everyone Is Calling It Racist

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Or, did a joke go sailing over my head?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

When Is the Right Time for Black People to Protest?: The Daily Show

All great, but the Dr. Seuss rap at the end is gold!

#TakeAKnee spreads to Congress (VIDEO)

"No matter how many times a football player says, 'I honor our military, but I'm protesting police brutality and racial inequality,' it doesn't matter. Nationalists are saying, 'You're disrespecting our flag.' Well, you know what else is disrespectful to our flag? Racism. And one's way worse than the other.

The idea of civil discourse with a guy who is tweeting and demeaning people and saying the things he's saying is sort of far-fetched. Can you picture us really having a civil discourse with him?"

-- Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Heard two guys in the grocery store today expressing their outrage over NFL players disrespecting the flag and those who fought for it.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Some bars around here are boycotting the NFL.

On the one hand, it's nice to not have dumbasses screaming at the TV like it's gonna do something, on the other hand, do I really want to give those establishments my business for taking up such a stupid-ass cause?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:06 pm
Some bars around here are boycotting the NFL.

On the one hand, it's nice to not have dumbasses screaming at the TV like it's gonna do something, on the other hand, do I really want to give those establishments my business for taking up such a stupid-ass cause?
If you drink at one, send them a note that you're boycotting them afterwards, win-win. ;)

Idiots, complete idiots:

People Are Sharing This Fake Photo Of NFL Players Burning The American Flag
The original photo appears to be of Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett doing a post-game victory dance with his teammates in the locker room in 2015.

https://vets-for-trump.com/email-us/

What, no mention on your home page of the lying viral photoshop of Seahawks burning a flag that you've been spreading? Clearly, Vets for Trump are cowards and you disgrace and dishonor all real vets. Shame.

(Vrede too)
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Yet knowing the truth makes no difference to these idiots
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Paul Ryan On Trump And Race: 'His Heart's In The Right Place'

Paul Ryan On Hitler And Race: 'His Heart Was In The Right Place'
Paul Ryan On the KKK And Race: 'Their Hearts Are In The Right Place'
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:39 am
Paul Ryan On Trump And Race: 'His Heart's In The Right Place'

Paul Ryan On Hitler And Race: 'His Heart Was In The Right Place'
Paul Ryan On the KKK And Race: 'Their Hearts Are In The Right Place'
He must be an asshole, he didn't even send his warmest condolences
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:19 pm
Yet knowing the truth makes no difference to these idiots
Dove Apologizes for ‘Racist’ Soap Ad That Turned Black Woman White

A complete historical view is always important. #Dove

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not to defend a dumb ad decision, but if you look at the entire ad, the white chick takes off her shirt and reveals an Asian. It wasn't simply "black turning white" as generally displayed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 am
Not to defend a dumb ad decision, but if you look at the entire ad, the white chick takes off her shirt and reveals an Asian. It wasn't simply "black turning white" as generally displayed.
I saw that mentioned in the comments but still, having a black women as the starting point was so stupid that someone should have quashed this ad before we ever saw it.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

They should have started with someone wearing a Trump mask, implying that dove is good at removing shit-stains.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The guy on the ground now has a warrant out for his arrest over the incident.

According to Sean King, columnist at The Intercept....
The Charlottesville Police just told me that they did NOT issue an arrest warrant for DeAndre Harris. What happened is very nefarious...

A white supremacist who was injured in a fight with people other than DeAndre Harris tried to get police to arrest DeAndre. They declined.

So the white supremacist found a judge he knows, who did something one officer told me he had never seen before....

A random judge, without doing ANY INVESTIGATION, went around the Charlottesville Police, to have DeAndre arrested. It’s appalling.

Mind you — THE TWO MAIN MEN in this picture with sticks in the air have not been arrested yet. And they have the nerve to charge DeAndre.

Local police, who’ve viewed every photo and video imaginable, told me they had no intention on charging DeAndre. The whole thing is crazy.