Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rstrong wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:51 pm
The guy on the ground now has a warrant out for his arrest over the incident.

According to Sean King, columnist at The Intercept....
The Charlottesville Police just told me that they did NOT issue an arrest warrant for DeAndre Harris. What happened is very nefarious...

A white supremacist who was injured in a fight with people other than DeAndre Harris tried to get police to arrest DeAndre. They declined.

So the white supremacist found a judge he knows, who did something one officer told me he had never seen before....

A random judge, without doing ANY INVESTIGATION, went around the Charlottesville Police, to have DeAndre arrested. It’s appalling.

Mind you — THE TWO MAIN MEN in this picture with sticks in the air have not been arrested yet. And they have the nerve to charge DeAndre.

Local police, who’ve viewed every photo and video imaginable, told me they had no intention on charging DeAndre. The whole thing is crazy.
why haven't the 2 with sticks been arrested?

why hasn't the judge been arrested?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Shit like this makes me embarrassed to be white
Those "activist judges" they hate so much sure do come in handy for white supremacists
Welcome to Virginia!

Warrant issued for Deandre Harris, accused of unlawful wounding on Aug. 12
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 pm

why haven't the 2 with sticks been arrested?

why hasn't the judge been arrested?
In the days following the attack, two men were arrested and charged with malicious wounding: 18-year-old Daniel Borden, of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Alex Ramos, 33, of Marrietta, Georgia, according to WVIR-TV.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 pm
In the days following the attack, two men were arrested and charged with malicious wounding: 18-year-old Daniel Borden, of Cincinnati, Ohio, and Alex Ramos, 33, of Marrietta, Georgia, according to WVIR-TV.
Two who participated in the attack, but not the two with the sticks in the air.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I got to thinking today...

Why do rural, conservative folk, even those from up North, have such a hard-on for the Confederacy? If your ancestors fought and died for the union, then why the infatuation with the CSA? It's not your heritage. And as for the argument that removing statues to confederate generals is trying to "erase our history", then why not erect a statue to Sherman or Grant or something in their place? Civil war history = preserved. History no longer "erased". I'm going to mention that for now on whenever says they're trying to "erase history" by tearing down monuments to Confederate generals.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

O Really
Admiral

Dunno, but I could hypothesize that the fictionalized and glorified history of the "rebels" represents the peak of anti-government, fight-of-the-common-people, Don Quixote pursuit, fight-against-the-odds, thumb to the eye of authority, etc.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You could alternatively suggest that "history" demands that the slaver and traitor statues be joined by statues of King George, Benedict Arnold, Sitting Bull, Kaiser Wilhelm II, Hideki Tōjō, Hitler, Julius Rosenberg, Ho Chi Minh, Timothy McVeigh and Osama bin Laden. Not within arm's reach, though.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Statues have never been to document history - they're put up for people or events to be commemorated and praised. An actual historical collection of markers would be like that at Little Big Horn Battlefield where markers are placed where they fell, for Indians and soldiers alike. https://www.nps.gov/libi/planyourvisit/ ... o-tour.htm

And where the story is told by rangers and tribal members from the perspective of each. That would be history. A Confederate general on a horse in the middle of a town is not history. Actually, the civil war battlefield parks do generally do a good job of displaying as history rather than hero worship, which may be why nobody is clamoring to take down all the statues there.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Papa John's Gets Badly Burned In Twitter War With DiGiorno

Pizza Hut counters Papa John's claim of NFL hurting pizza sales

Comment:
Just what we needed, we will now have right-wing pizza and left-wing pizza. One will be delivered in humvees with cammo, the other in carbon-neutral Teslas painted pink. I will have mine at Guido's down the street and avoid all the nonsense.
I almost always make my own Boboli pesto-feta pizza, rarely buy pre-made pizzas and never order franchise pizza, but I'm going to get a Pizza Hut pizza on Sunday and buy a DiGiorno pizza the next time I go shopping. If the Pizza Hut pizza arrives in a pink Tesla, I'll give a 100% tip.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:22 pm
Papa John's Gets Badly Burned In Twitter War With DiGiorno

Pizza Hut counters Papa John's claim of NFL hurting pizza sales

Comment:
Just what we needed, we will now have right-wing pizza and left-wing pizza. One will be delivered in humvees with cammo, the other in carbon-neutral Teslas painted pink. I will have mine at Guido's down the street and avoid all the nonsense.
I almost always make my own Boboli pesto-feta pizza, rarely buy pre-made pizzas and never order franchise pizza, but I'm going to get a Pizza Hut pizza on Sunday and buy a DiGiorno pizza the next time I go shopping. If the Pizza Hut pizza arrives in a pink Tesla, I'll give a 100% tip.
The wife makes all manner of yeast and sour dough breads (I make the quick breads and biscuits), including pizza dough, but we did pick up the two medium, two topping special last night at pizza hut.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:14 am
The wife makes all manner of yeast and sour dough breads (I make the quick breads and biscuits), including pizza dough,

:-|| Bread and dough making is too much effort for me.

but we did pick up the two medium, two topping special last night at pizza hut.
:D :clap: But that only supported college football.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I tend to wear any pizza I eat, so for that reason my personal rule is to eat pizza only in NY/NJ and then only from a local shop where nobody speaks English very well. So that sorta kills my ability to be a political pizza purchaser. But if I were, I'd have refused to by Papa John's back when he whined about having to sponsor a health insurance plan for his serfs - uh employees - and trying to turn the customer against it by saying he'd raise the price of pizza 15 cents or so. Asshole.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Yeah, I'd forgotten, but a lot of people online are pointing out that Papa John's has been rightwing for a long time. Now:
Alt-Right White Supremacists Claim Papa John's As Official Pizza

... This isn’t the first time the far-right has endorsed a brand and demonstrated how hateful ideology can permeate everything from sports to retail. Last November, the neo-Nazis said New Balance shoes were the “official shoes of white people” because one of the company’s top executives criticized former President Barack Obama and said that he supported Trump.

The Daily Stormer also declared Wendy’s the “official burger of the Neo-Nazi Alt-Right movement” after a representative of the fast-food chain posted a picture of an alt-right meme on the company’s Twitter account.

... Papa John's CEO Schnatter has earned praise from the right wing for criticizing Obamacare in 2012 and also donating around $1,000 to the Trump campaign.
Perfect :thumbup: , that will hurt Papa John's more than anything we can say about it.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
... we did pick up the two medium, two topping special last night at pizza hut.
Had mine delivered last night. Pretty good for franchise pizza, as are the cheese-stuffed garlic knots and chocolate chip cookie. I may make it a Sunday habit, though I should send the receipts to Papa John's. The only downside was that the delivery "kid" was close to my age. It made me sad.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 am
Yeah, I'd forgotten, but a lot of people online are pointing out that Papa John's has been rightwing for a long time. Now:

... This isn’t the first time the far-right has endorsed a brand and demonstrated how hateful ideology can permeate everything from sports to retail. Last November, the neo-Nazis said New Balance shoes were the “official shoes of white people” because one of the company’s top executives criticized former President Barack Obama and said that he supported Trump.

The Daily Stormer also declared Wendy’s the “official burger of the Neo-Nazi Alt-Right movement” after a representative of the fast-food chain posted a picture of an alt-right meme on the company’s Twitter account.

... Papa John's CEO Schnatter has earned praise from the right wing for criticizing Obamacare in 2012 and also donating around $1,000 to the Trump campaign.
Perfect :thumbup: , that will hurt Papa John's more than anything we can say about it.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Had mine delivered last night. Pretty good for franchise pizza, as are the cheese-stuffed garlic knots and chocolate chip cookie. I may make it a Sunday habit, though I should send the receipts to Papa John's. The only downside was that the delivery "kid" was close to my age. It made me sad.

You may have to make your own to get a liberal pizza.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauriebenn ... 84fef70648

Do you have a Papa Murphy's? Thin crust is not too bad; not as good as the wife's, but good when pizza is required and we forget to thaw the dough. They assemble it and you take home to cook.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I can't read Forbes articles because of my AdBlock. In 3 decades I haven't found pre-made crust that I like as much as Boboli, not sure if Papa Murphy's was one of the other ones I tried. If I spot it on the shelves, I'll give it a try.

Folks, if Boboli is also fascist, please keep it to yourself. :shh:
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 am

billy.pilgrim wrote:

You may have to make your own to get a liberal pizza.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauriebenn ... 84fef70648

Do you have a Papa Murphy's? Thin crust is not too bad; not as good as the wife's, but good when pizza is required and we forget to thaw the dough. They assemble it and you take home to cook.
We had one of these in Greenville but they closed down. At first I thought it was a dumb idea, but the pizza was actually pretty decent and I became hooked.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:58 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 am
... Do you have a Papa Murphy's? Thin crust is not too bad; not as good as the wife's, but good when pizza is required and we forget to thaw the dough. They assemble it and you take home to cook.
We had one of these in Greenville but they closed down. At first I thought it was a dumb idea, but the pizza was actually pretty decent and I became hooked.
Oh, I didn't read billy.pilgrim's post closely and thought it was a brand of store bought crust :oops: . The website says none within 50 miles of me.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Update, backtracking:

Why Papa John's reversal on NFL protests won't fly

I've bought a DiGiorno which I haven't tried yet and 3 Pizza Huts, which are pretty good. I'm going to send copies of the receipts to the corporate offices and the local shops. Then, I'll probably go back to making my own Bobolis.
1312. ETTD.