Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Petition to Acting CFPB Director Mick Mulvaney:

"Fire Eric Blankenstein. His history of racism disqualifies him from overseeing anti-discrimination efforts."
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

(Charlotte) North Carolina Woman Tells Black Sisters Waiting For AAA 'You Don't Belong'

... “Do you live here?” before telling them “I’m white … and I make $125,000 a year and I want to make sure that you’re all up in here.”

The sisters, who were waiting for the vehicle roadside assistance service outside the Camden Fairview Apartments in SouthPark, are also told by the woman that she is “fucking fabulous,” before she threatens to “bring out my concealed weapons.”

“Is your boyfriend here? Is your baby daddy here? Nobody cares, I’m white and I’m hot,” she said. “You’re hanging around in a place you don’t belong.”

... Social media users identified the woman, noting that she worked for Spectrum Enterprises, a company that is a part of Charter Communications. In a statement provided to local ABC affiliate WSOC-TV, the company said that she had been terminated, identifying her only by her last name.

“The incident recorded in Charlotte is a blatant violation of Charter’s code of conduct and clearly disregards the company’s commitment to inclusion and respectful behavior,” it said. “As such, Ms. Westwood’s employment with the company has been terminated, effective immediately.”
:---P
A spokesperson for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department told HuffPost that while they could not confirm the name of the suspect, “four criminal summons’ have been issued” including “two counts of communicating threats and two counts of simple assault.”

“Once the summons’ have been served the suspects [sic] name can be released,” a statement said....
:---P

More details:

Woman faces charges after yelling at black neighbor ‘You don’t belong - get out of here!’

In most places illegal activity is sufficient cause for eviction (if a renter). I hope she gets stung for the cycle - job loss (done), convictions (pending), eviction and lawsuit.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
Kelly Anne Conway has expressed grave concern on the part of the President that such a fine, upstanding Trumpanzee has been harassed out of her job by Charter Communications Deep State Operatives working for George Soros via a back channel established by Harvey Weinstein in Hillary Clinton's secret basement lair of the Cosmic Pizza restaurant, and all on the anniversary of the Bowling Green Massacre by Benghazi agents of the Illuminati.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Idaho Elementary Teachers Dressed Up As Mexicans And The Border Wall For Halloween
https://www.yahoo.com/news/idaho-elemen ... 51260.html

Ever since The Order got killed and jailed and the Aryan Nations collapsed, some in Idaho have been worried about losing their reputation for hateful racism. Problem solved.

(Vrede too)
LOL, they've shut down access to other email addresses on their websites, but left these contact pages intact.

Contact Heights Elementary:
https://www.msd134.org/cms/module/selec ... rveyID=105
Contact Middleton School District:
https://www.msd134.org/cms/module/selec ... rveyID=108

Found:
Idaho is the Mississippi of the West.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Conservative magazine posts recording of King using derogatory language against immigrants

The case to expel white supremacist Steve King from Congress
This is long overdue, but the racist Iowa Republican really deserves it.
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds bluntly tells Steve King to decide future amid racism allegations

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signaled Tuesday she's lost her patience with U.S. Rep. Steve King, who narrowly won a ninth term in the U.S. House last week despite a firestorm of criticism for aligning himself with far-right European politicians and repeatedly making remarks many have deemed racist.

Reynolds, a Republican who defeated Democrat Fred Hubbell in a close race to win a full four-year term, offered a bluntly worded response when asked by a reporter if she had visited with King about a series of controversies he has been facing.

Reynolds said she hasn't talked with the Iowa congressman because she has been busy since the election. But, she added, “I think that Steve King needs to make a decision if he wants to represent the people and the values of the 4th District or do something else, and I think he needs to take a look at that.” ...
White supremacist Steve King has no place in Congress

Petition to House Speaker Paul Ryan:

"Expel racist and white supremacist Rep. Steve King from the House."
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"Reynolds said she hasn't talked with the Iowa congressman because she has been busy since the election. But, she added, “I think that Steve King needs to make a decision if he wants to represent the people and the values of the 4th District or do something else, and I think he needs to take a look at that.” ...

Well, it appears that he is indeed representing the "values of the 4th District" since those people just voted to send him back to Congress.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:05 pm
"Reynolds said she hasn't talked with the Iowa congressman because she has been busy since the election. But, she added, “I think that Steve King needs to make a decision if he wants to represent the people and the values of the 4th District or do something else, and I think he needs to take a look at that.” ...

Well, it appears that he is indeed representing the "values of the 4th District" since those people just voted to send him back to Congress.
50.4%
Past elections
For this seat
GOP: 2012 +8, 2014 +23, 2016 +23
For president
GOP: 2008 +2, 2012 +8, 2016 +27

If we guess that 0.5% of his supporters or more voted for him for reasons other than his white supremacy, Reynolds (also 50.4% statewide) may be correct. She's probably trying to drive a wedge between him and his voters. Her alternative is calling half of a district, most of them also her voters, racist idiots.

1 Iowa district stayed blue, the other 2 flipped blue.

'Peppermint Patty': White woman calls 911 on black woman for exiting parking lot wrong (with video)

"Cut the nigger card out!"
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:21 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:05 pm

50.4%
Past elections
For this seat
GOP: 2012 +8, 2014 +23, 2016 +23
For president
GOP: 2008 +2, 2012 +8, 2016 +27

If we guess that 0.5% of his supporters or more voted for him for reasons other than his white supremacy, Reynolds (also 50.4% statewide) may be correct. She's probably trying to drive a wedge between him and his voters. Her alternative is calling half of a district, most of them also her voters, racist idiots.

1 Iowa district stayed blue, the other 2 flipped blue.
True, and I suppose, although I don't know, that King could have benefited from gerrymandering or other Repub chicanery somewhere along the line. But unfortunately, there like numerous other places, not enough people were willing to say "Hell no" to get out and vote. So maybe it's more accurate to say that yes, he does represent the values of 4th District voters.

Probably most politicians, and maybe even King, aren't really as awful as their opponents portray them, and if you get many people like Leo claims to be (all politicians are awful), then it's pretty easy to just not bother.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:52 am
True, and I suppose, although I don't know, that King could have benefited from gerrymandering or other Repub chicanery somewhere along the line. But unfortunately, there like numerous other places, not enough people were willing to say "Hell no" to get out and vote. So maybe it's more accurate to say that yes, he does represent the values of 4th District voters.

Probably most politicians, and maybe even King, aren't really as awful as their opponents portray them, and if you get many people like Leo claims to be (all politicians are awful), then it's pretty easy to just not bother.
I was more trying to cut Gov. Reynolds and the 49.6% a little slack than King, his voters or the nonvoters.

Iowa may be one of the least obviously gerrymandered states I've seen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa%27s_ ... ngress.tif
No counties appear to be split and the only question I miiight have is why King's #4 has Chicksaw rather than Worth County in its northeast. That may matter more to pigs and cows than to people, though.

King is so awful that there's no excuse for not voting.
"Nearly 60 percent of Iowa’s registered voters turned out to vote in Tuesday’s midterm elections."
"As of press time... Seven percent of Iowa’s precincts had not reported results by midnight Tuesday."
That's probably great by US standards and apparently also by Iowa midterms standards, but not good enough by 'fighting the nazis' standards.

I absolutely condemn the 50.4% that voted for King, even the ones that voted for him for reasons other than his white supremacy. Some things are not acceptable, period.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Despite concerted efforts to suppress voting, truth is it's still very easy for most people in most states to vote. Nevermind the exceptions and the parade of horribles, if there aren't enough garden variety normal people around who are willing to go vote or mail in a vote to avoid having a nazi represent them, then it does probably say something about an area. Too much apathy, at the least.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, and Uncle Tim Scott did it, too! Good for him.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:20 pm
Yeah, and Uncle Tim Scott did it, too! Good for him.
. . . and good for any decent South Carolinians that helped push Scott to do the right thing. One also has to wonder about NC's Tillis and Burr. Is it possible that they let Scott know that they wouldn't throw a fit, or are they throwing a fit?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:21 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:54 am
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-caro ... ral-video/

Looking here, a list with links

"This is just the latest instance of a white woman being fired and publicly shamed after a viral video showed her accosting black people in public. Several have earned online nicknames — Key Fob Kelly, Permit Patty, BBQ Becky. Following that trend, internet users dubbed Westwood SouthPark Susan."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/wh ... ns-n931016

South Park Susan looking all proud of herself

In her mugshot

She's a funny girl.
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:42 am
Seat Savior Susie
'Target Tammy': Customer scolds shoppers for 'talking about sex in public'

Nashville, TN??? Is there a country song that isn't about sex? Even the ones about their trucks or their dogs are, you know.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Petition to the Senate:

"Censure Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), whose history of racism and recent near-endorsement of lynching bring shame upon the Senate."
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:13 pm

"Censure Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), whose history of racism and recent near-endorsement of lynching bring shame upon the Senate."
[/quote]

Sure, and right after that, hold an opps re-vote on Kavenaugh. And then end hunger in the US. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:25 pm
Sure, and right after that, hold an opps re-vote on Kavenaugh. And then end hunger in the US. Yeah, that's the ticket.
I wondered if someone would say something like that. My interest with this one is letting them know that we're watching their racism, and maybe to help damage their relations with Hyde-Smith. I don't have a glimmer of hope for actual censure.
1312. ETTD.