israel determined to start war

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7217719/b ... rn-israel/

Cool, now the assholes can blame god and a cow, but then they have said that it was God who made them slaughter women and children in their genocidal rampages through the ME. He did usually said that they could keep the little girls for rape.

Amazing how our civilization turns based on some old sheep hearder superstition.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:18 pm
South Carolina forces universities to violate free speech rights

South Carolina passed a law this week codifying a discredited definition of anti-Semitism that conflates criticism of Israel and Zionism with anti-Jewish bigotry.

“The law will inevitably violate students’ First Amendment rights if enforced to restrict or punish campus speech critical of Israel,” Dima Khalidi, director of the civil rights group Palestine Legal, told The Electronic Intifada.

Students now face increased scrutiny, investigations, censorship and possible punishment for their activities advocating for Palestinian rights on South Carolina campuses, Palestine Legal has warned....

All hail the red cow rationalisation. Kill everyone but god's chosen.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:11 pm
All hail the red cow rationalisation. Kill everyone but god's chosen.
The power of the Israeli and pro-Israel lobby is incredible, and disgusting in its application.
South Carolina passed a law this week codifying a discredited definition of anti-Semitism that conflates criticism of Israel and Zionism with anti-Jewish bigotry....

South Carolina is one of 25 states that have passed measures, pushed by Israel lobby groups, that aim to stifle Palestine rights advocacy and seek to crush the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) campaign. Legislation is pending in another 12 states....
Things that are perfectly legal to say and do about the US, any group within the US, and any foreign government or group, especially other Semitic Muslim ones, are not legal when Israel is the target.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:09 pm
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7217719/b ... rn-israel/

Cool, now the assholes can blame god and a cow, but then they have said that it was God who made them slaughter women and children in their genocidal rampages through the ME. He did usually said that they could keep the little girls for rape.

Amazing how our civilization turns based on some old sheep hearder superstition.

Did you see this? I answered your older post after I posted this.

"APOCALYPSE COW First ‘red heifer’ born in Israel for 2,000 years triggers armageddon fears after Christian and Jewish holy books say it will ‘bring the end of the world"

"The Temple Institute in Jerusalem announced the calf’s birth on YouTube, saying it would undergo “extensive examination” to determine if it is red all over."

Fucking crazy people, along with "Jewish and Christian fundamentalists believe that once a red heifer is born they will be able to rebuild the Third Temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.But in order to do this, they would have to demolish what stands on the hill today – the Dome of the Rock, an Islamic holy temple", which, after almost no thought, has been determined to be the best way to carry out genocide against the indigenous middle eastern people and make a lot of money along the way.

Head crazy skyfairy scammer, "Rabbi Chain Richman, director of the Institute, believes the time is ripe to build the Third Temple, following the birth of the red heifer."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:23 pm
Did you see this? I answered your older post after I posted this....
Yes, I couldn't think of anything to add to the wingnuttiness of the article, itself.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It gets worse.
Trump administration orders closure of Palestinian office

The Trump administration ordered the closure of the Palestinian diplomatic mission in Washington on Monday and threatened sanctions against the International Criminal Court if it pursues investigations against the U.S., Israel, or other allies. The moves are likely to harden Palestinian resistance to the U.S. role as a peace broker....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:31 am
It gets worse.
Trump administration orders closure of Palestinian office

The Trump administration ordered the closure of the Palestinian diplomatic mission in Washington on Monday and threatened sanctions against the International Criminal Court if it pursues investigations against the U.S., Israel, or other allies. The moves are likely to harden Palestinian resistance to the U.S. role as a peace broker....

Jared must really be an evil little shit.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:13 pm
Jared must really be an evil little shit.
As is National Security Adviser John Bolton.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Along with red heifer worship, states spitting on the 1st Amendment, the feds cutting off diplomacy, and Jared and John Bolton being evil little shits, we now have evil little shits Betsy Devos and Kenneth Marcus spitting on the 1st Amendment.
Trump’s Department of Education Is Trying to Turn Support for Palestine Into A Civil Rights Violation

Our worst fears have come true. Kenneth Marcus, Trump’s choice to head the Department of Education’s Office of Civil Right (OCR), is moving forward with perverting civil rights law to silence student activism he opposes.

Marcus had long been a proponent of what was once a fringe legal theory that student activism for Palestinian human rights violates federal civil rights law. He filed a number of complaints with the OCR based on this fallacious theory. Time and time again the OCR rejected his nonsense, drawing a line between genuine anti-Semitic harassment and protected political speech supportive of Palestinian rights.

Just a month after taking over at OCR, Marcus has he’s adopted a definition of anti-semitism that conflates criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism. Marcus made this monumental decision without public input. Reportedly, even employees at the Department of Education were kept in the dark about it. The news came when he reopened an investigation from seven years ago that OCR had dismissed.

The author of the definition has opposed adopting it in academic settings, saying to do so would violate the First Amendment.

Anti-semitism is deplorable and we need vigorous enforcement of federal civil rights law. That’s why it’s lamentable that Marcus is ignoring his actual job to pursue his anti-free speech agenda....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,734 ... 75,00.html

"The Russian military said the Il-20 reconnaissance aircraft was hit 35 kilometers (22 miles) off the coast as it was returning to its home base nearby.

Israel's ambassador in Moscow was summoned to the Russian Foreign Ministry over the incident, foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said.

"The Israeli pilots were using the Russian aircraft as a shield and pushed it into the line of fire of the Syrian defense," ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said in a statement."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 am

"The Russian military said the Il-20 reconnaissance aircraft was hit 35 kilometers (22 miles) off the coast as it was returning to its home base nearby.

Israel's ambassador in Moscow was summoned to the Russian Foreign Ministry over the incident, foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said.

"The Israeli pilots were using the Russian aircraft as a shield and pushed it into the line of fire of the Syrian defense," ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said in a statement."
News items where I'm neither mad at nor sorry for anyone involved are rare.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:14 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 am

News items where I'm neither mad at nor sorry for anyone involved are rare.
Yeah, I caught myself being unconcerned (for a moment only) about retaliation.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

PFLUGERVILLE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Feedback Form

Re: A Texas Elementary School Speech Pathologist Refused to Sign a Pro-Israel Oath, Now Mandatory in Many States — so She Lost Her Job
https://theintercept.com/2018/12/17/isr ... i-bds-law/

Congrats, your Civics lesson to your students, staff, community and nation is that you defecate on the 1st Amendment guarantees of free speech and association. You must be so proud. No whining about the state forcing you, either. Ironically, that just makes you exactly like the "good Germans".

(Vrede too)

:roll:

Idk what the specifics of the NC law are and whether people are being forced to sign oaths like in TX.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:59 pm
PFLUGERVILLE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Feedback Form

Re: A Texas Elementary School Speech Pathologist Refused to Sign a Pro-Israel Oath, Now Mandatory in Many States — so She Lost Her Job
https://theintercept.com/2018/12/17/isr ... i-bds-law/

Congrats, your Civics lesson to your students, staff, community and nation is that you defecate on the 1st Amendment guarantees of free speech and association. You must be so proud. No whining about the state forcing you, either. Ironically, that just makes you exactly like the "good Germans".

(Vrede too)

:roll:

Idk what the specifics of the NC law are and whether people are being forced to sign oaths like in TX.
https://www.politifact.com/texas/statem ... non-teach/

"According to the most recent snapshot, 634,942 full-time employees worked in the public education system (not including charter schools) in 2008-09. Of those, 321,092 were full-time teachers and 313,850 staff members held other jobs."

Assuming principals and staff would also have to sign means that one lone soul out of 635,000 (2010) people stood up against this bullshit. Throw in a few hundred thousand from the charter schools and it's one in a million.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:18 pm
... Assuming principals and staff would also have to sign means that one lone soul out of 635,000 (2010) people stood up against this bullshit. Throw in a few hundred thousand from the charter schools and it's one in a million.
This article clarifies something that The Intercept article refers to a bit more vaguely. I thought you were correct until coming across it. The TX law applies to contractors. I'm not sure what Israel-related restrictions there are, if any, on employees. There may be contractors that didn’t notice the new pledge. I know that I’m bad about not reading the fine print.

ACLU sues Texas over law that says contractors can't boycott Israel

There are 4 plaintiffs. There may also be contractors that will sign but then ignore it until they get caught, if they ever do. I remember an anecdote I heard about the HUAC days - The liberals refused to answer the questions. The real commies just denied being commies, then went on being commies covertly.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Arkansas Times challenges law that requires state contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel in federal court

The Arkansas Times Limited Partnership, the company that owns and publishes the Arkansas Times, is challenging in federal court a state law that requires government contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel or reduce their fees by at least 20 percent.

The suit, filed Tuesday by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas on behalf of Arkansas Times LP, says Act 710 of 2017 violates the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution by suppressing public debate. State Rep. Jim Dotson (R-Bentonville) and Sen. Bart Hester (R-Cave Springs) sponsored the bill that became Act 710, which took effect July 31, 2017....
Contractors again. Must be easier and/or more Constitutional to enact laws affecting them, or easier to get away with it than it is with government employees.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:35 am
Arkansas Times challenges law that requires state contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel in federal court

The Arkansas Times Limited Partnership, the company that owns and publishes the Arkansas Times, is challenging in federal court a state law that requires government contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel or reduce their fees by at least 20 percent.

The suit, filed Tuesday by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas on behalf of Arkansas Times LP, says Act 710 of 2017 violates the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution by suppressing public debate. State Rep. Jim Dotson (R-Bentonville) and Sen. Bart Hester (R-Cave Springs) sponsored the bill that became Act 710, which took effect July 31, 2017....
Contractors again. Must be easier and/or more Constitutional to enact laws affecting them, or easier to get away with it than it is with government employees.

Yep, doing unconstitutional and illegal things to small contractors is easy to do and easy to get away with, says this small contractor.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Marco Rubio and His Colleagues Need a Refresher on the First Amendment

This week, amid a partial government shutdown, senators tried to sneak through a bill that would encourage states to suppress constitutionally protected political boycotts of Israel.

Ultimately, the Combating BDS Act failed to make it to the Senate floor, largely because enough people exercised their First Amendment right to protest the bill and educate senators that they should get their priorities straight. But it seems that’s not the only education that is in order.

The recent spate of bills that seek to penalize Israel boycotts is a bipartisan problem. Many Senate Democrats blocked the Combating BDS Act this week, rightly arguing that Congress should end the government shutdown rather than making this the first order of business of the new session. But four Senate Democrats voted to pass the bill, and many others, including Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Ben Cardin (D-Md.), have expressed support for other anti-boycott efforts, even when they have come at the expense of our constitutional rights.

This week, however, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) led the charge, and even took to Twitter to spread a number of perplexing and often downright false statements about the First Amendment and the Combating BDS Act.

Here’s what Sen. Rubio got wrong: ...
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Israel lobby fakes campus anti-Semitism say US journalists

I was going to excerpt, but the entire article is interesting to me.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Update of Dec. 2018 article above:

In Case Brought by School Speech Pathologist, Texas Federal Court Becomes the Third to Strike Down Pro-Israel Oath as Unconstitutional

:---P

PFLUGERVILLE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT never wrote me back. Funny that.
1312. ETTD.