israel determined to start war

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

israel determined to start war

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

after all why stop the genocide after a mere 4,000 years

and especially when you got some scribbling on some scrap of sheep skin that proves your sky fairy gave you the land to steal and plunder - I believe there was some raping and pillaging that went on too

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/12/03

Israel's retaliatory moves against the Palestinians for receiving new statehood status at the UN last week have now earned their own rebuke, as world governments say that the Israeli's newly announced plan to build more than 3,000 new settlement homes in the occupied West Bank is a threat to the peace process
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

billy.pilgrim wrote:after all why stop the genocide after a mere 4,000 years
A real history buff we've got here.

and especially when you got some scribbling on some scrap of sheep skin that proves your sky fairy gave you the land to steal and plunder - I believe there was some raping and pillaging that went on too.
So what has your fairy given you?? Since you're the history expert here, perhaps you can clue us in as to how Israel was a world power for the last 4,000 years.

"You said that once but that doesn't mean that you believe it."

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well, the "Kingdom of Israel" may have started around 1100 BC, so maybe "4,000" is a little over, but not ridiculous, considering the accuracy of that part of history. It's had numerous incarnations, eventually being carved into the current place in 1948, but it's always been in the same area, and always, with some ups and downs, been a "world power" in the context of what was considered "the world" during most of that time. I can't say they practiced genocide during all that time, though. I don't know.

Supsalemgr
Major

Unread post by Supsalemgr »

The state of Israel was formed in 1948 by the UN. At the time the land was British territory. For all these years different entities controlled the land, including the Romans. Let's face it, the formation of the state of Israel was a political move by the UN as a reaction to what happened to the Jews during WWII by the Nazis. At no point in time was there a Palestinian state. We have to look at this at what it is now. Israel is a legitimate state and has the right to defend itself. The debate as to whether Israrel is illigetimate is moot.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

sorry, I didn't pinpoint when the genocide started - 4,000 was rough and generally meant that this tribe or whatever it is has been doing what they do since their beginning

maybe it has to do with their fantasy about some sky-fairy picking them to be superior to all others

1. Under God's direction, Moses' army defeats the Midianites. They kill all the adult males, but take the women and children captive. When Moses learns that they left some live, he angrily says: "Have you saved all the women alive? Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." So they went back and did as Moses (and presumably God) instructed, killing everyone except for the virgins. In this way they got 32,000 virgins -- Wow! (Even God gets some of the booty -- including the virgins.) 31:1-54
2. God killed all the Egyptian firstborn. 33:4

God commands the Israelites to "blot out the rembrance of Amalek from under heaven." A few hundred years later God orders Saul to kill of the Amalekites "both man and woman, infant and suckling." (1 Sam.15:2-3) 25:19

After killing everyone, "they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein." Only the valuables (silver, gold, brass, and iron) did they keep to "put into the treasury of the house of the Lord." 6:24

nothing wrong with some plunder for the lord

1. God slaughters the Amorites and even chases them "along the way" as they try to escape. Then he sends down huge hailstones and kills even more of them. 10:10-11
2. God tells Joshua to "pursue after your enemies and smite the hindmost of them." (Kick their butts.) Don't let any of them escape "for the Lord your God hath delivered them into your hand." 10:19
3. Joshua tells his captains to "put your feet upon the necks of these kings." He says, "thus shall the Lord do to all of your enemies." Then Joshua kills the kings and hangs them on trees. 10:24-26
4. Joshua, at God's command, kills everyone and everything that he can find (including babies and little children)-- or, as the Bible puts it, he "utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord commanded." 10:28-32

Joshua, at God's command, kills everyone and everything that he can find (including babies and little children)-- or, as the Bible puts it, he "utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord commanded." 10:28-32
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Unread post by Bungalow Bill »

The Palestinians got screwed back in 1948. They made up about two-thirds of the
population, but received less than half of the land area. Maybe that's why they
didn't want a Jewish state. The Zionists are doing the same thing in the West
Bank as they did in the late 1940s, though at a much more gradual pace. So
the Palestinians will look around in a little while and wonder where their state
went. The Zionists took it away. That's why the only good Zionist is a dead
Zionist. :---P

Reality
Wing commander

Unread post by Reality »

Same rules for what is now the US Bungalow.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote: I can't say they practiced genocide during all that time, though. I don't know.
Or unwilling to admit that dot pilgrim is a dumbass.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
O Really wrote: I can't say they practiced genocide during all that time, though. I don't know.
Or unwilling to admit that dot pilgrim is a dumbass.

sorry that you couldn't find anything wrong with what I posted leo - have another donut

I never said "all" but what started with genocide and racism has certainly worked around full circle

their religion and their past is firmly based in us against them, always has been and probably always will be. a hell of a lot of it rubbed off on us

too bad so many people give moses credit as a great man, he was nothing but a warlord witch doctor so consumed by his own power trip that even as he was dying he directed his fooled flock into thinking the sky fairy was giving them a land that was already occupied

let the genocide begin

An angel drops by to rebuke the Israelites for being too tolerant of the religious beliefs of the people they have been massacring. He tells them that since they didn't complete their job (of killing everyone), God will not completely drive them out (like he promised to do). Instead he'll keep some of them around so that the Israelites will be ensnared by their false gods. 2:1-3

1 sam

God orders Saul to kill all of the Amalekites: men, women, infants, sucklings, ox, sheep, camels, and asses. Why? Because God remembers what Amalek did hundreds of years ago. 15:2-3

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:sorry that you couldn't find anything wrong with what I posted leo - have another donut

I never said "all" but what started with genocide and racism has certainly worked around full circle...
To be fair, what you did post was easy to misconstrue:
Vrede wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:after all why stop the genocide after a mere 4,000 years...
Jews have been committing genocide for "4,000 years"?

easy to read your thoughts into your own words

you are correct, I never intended to mean throughout the 4,000 or 3,000 or whatever, (after all there was the great scattering)
just that their foundation rests on genocide and stealing the land they claim was given to them by some sort of burning bush or some such nonsense

time to wake up and realize that they won't stop until pressure is put on them to act responsibly to their neighbors, who knows, the neighbors may come around too

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:To be fair, what you did post was easy to misconstrue:
Vrede wrote: See how easy that is (most) cons? You should try it sometime.
OK, so you can be civil; providing of course, it's a fellow moonbat. :oII

Had that been Colonel, Reality, DooHickey, Wneglia, Supsalemgr, myself, or anyone else, one of you walking, talking, crawling, wallowing freak-shows would have lowered the boom.

Ever try being a human all the time; not just when you're trying to impress someone?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

leo leaves reality agin, to prove his fantasy point with "what ifs"

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote:I was the first to question billy.pilgrim and you're griefing me for not being harsh enough?! The fact is that the literal claim was so outrageous that I didn't think he meant it, and I was correct.
Oh yeah, excuse the hell out of poor old billy pilgrim; he didn't mean it. Poor baby.
Perhaps you missed "OK, so you can be civil; providing of course, it's a fellow moonbat." I rest my case.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Vrede wrote:I was the first to question billy.pilgrim and you're griefing me for not being harsh enough?! The fact is that the literal claim was so outrageous that I didn't think he meant it, and I was correct.
Oh yeah, excuse the hell out of poor old billy pilgrim; he didn't mean it. Poor baby.
Perhaps you missed "OK, so you can be civil; providing of course, it's a fellow moonbat." I rest my case.

poor leo, loses again and has to resort to changing topics

here ya go, I will easily admit that the chosen ones haven't consistently committed the genocide as their fairy tale instructs, but they have, since their beginnings, taught their children the hate and distrust moses gave to them. the great scattering did take away the sword, but not the teachings

btw - the same hate and intolerance may also be found in the koran and king james, as in the torah torah

And no religion too. Imagine...

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede wrote: Your welcome for my defense of you, again. I'll know better next time, no good deed . . .
no good deed

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Let me know when the U.S. government decides to return the land to the Indians.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Bungalow Bill wrote:Let me know when the U.S. government decides to return the land to the Indians.
....and when what used to be substantial Jewish populations in Arab countries get their lands and rights back.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
Bungalow Bill wrote:Let me know when the U.S. government decides to return the land to the Indians.
....and when what used to be substantial Jewish populations in Arab countries get their lands and rights back.

agreed, no government has the right to punish groups of people based on their religion - no matter how silly it is

I say we all get together and get the new free and improved iraqi govt to give back the land they took from the jewish and christian neighborhoods in sadam's bagdad

Bungalow Bill
Ensign

Okay. Give the Jews the right of return to the countries where they lost land and property,
and give the Palestinians the right of return to the land and property they lost in Israel.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Bungalow Bill wrote:Okay. Give the Jews the right of return to the countries where they lost land and property,
and give the Palestinians the right of return to the land and property they lost in Israel.
This would return the Jews to the state where they're routinely massacred every few years. They even had to flee Europe and leave their property behind. The Holocaust wasn't a stand-alone incident; there were countless pogroms before, and even a couple after.

I don't think any reasonable person believes that there's any chance at all of Jews getting back their land and property AND safety AND rights in Arab countries.