israel determined to start war

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede too wrote:SC is a different planet, which used to be a problem until the NC GOP discovered space(case) travel.

That video was from Comedy Central UK's channel. It used to work, sorry. Here's the same thing from The Daily Show with Trevor Noah's channel:

U.S. Diplomacy with Israel, Donald Trump-Style: The Daily Show
That makes as much sense- at least- as anything that comes out of the All White House lately.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Petition to be delivered to The United States House of Representatives and The United States Senate

Join ACLU & MoveOn in opposing S.720 & H.R.1697, which violate Constitutional guarantees of free speech & would make it illegal to boycott settlements.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A few days ago, we alerted you to the opposition of the ACLU and MoveOn to Senator Ben Cardin's bill to criminalize boycotts and sanctions against Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

Here are some updates:

Rep. Joe Kennedy said he is reviewing his support for the bill in light of the ACLU's opposition. [1] Sen. Maggie Hassan defended her support of the bill, while Sen. Jeanne Shaheen said she was considering First Amendment concerns raised about the legislation. [2] J Street weighed in by urging Senators and Reps. not to co-sponsor or otherwise support the legislation unless and until the ACLU concerns were resolved. [3] Jewish Voice for Peace challenged Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand on her support for the bill; Gillibrand acknowledged the First Amendment concerns about the bill and said she planned to meet with the ACLU. [4]

Finally, Josh Israel at Think Progress noted another alarming feature of Cardin's bill: it doesn't just protect Israeli settlements in the West Bank. It prohibits Americans from "requesting the imposition of any boycott by a foreign country against a country which is friendly to the United States." [5] Since many people in Washington inexplicably claim that Saudi Arabia is "friendly to the United States," Cardin's bill could be interpreted to prohibit supporting boycott or sanctions against Saudi Arabia for deliberately pushing Yemen into famine, or for its support of extremism, or for prohibiting women from driving.

If you haven't yet signed and shared our petition against the Cardin bill (above), please do it now.

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org

References:
1. https://www.boston.com/news/politics/20 ... u-concerns
2. http://www.vnews.com/Israel-Boycott-Bil ... s-11374160
3. https://theintercept.com/2017/07/20/j-s ... t-for-now/
4. https://twitter.com/jvpliveny/status/888764719217115136
5. https://thinkprogress.org/free-speech-s ... 9b2ee5a14d
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The petition to Congress reads:

“Oppose S. 720/H.R. 1697 and any other bill that would criminalize free speech.”
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Not sure if we have an Israel scum thread, so I'll put this here.

The burden of religion on and against almost everything that is good and reasonable shows itself in Israel more so than anywhere else.

This indoctrination from birth to see themselves as Chosen will continue to cause war and discrimination as long as they put old stories over the reality that they are descended from one of many groups of marauding arabs living off attacking settlements for food, wealth and slaves.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/2018- ... s-slavery/

The net yahoo asshole may actually be worse than trump.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Another Victory for the Right to Boycott, This Time In Massachusetts

In Victory for the Right to Boycott, Judge Issues Preliminary Injunction Against Kansas Anti-BDS Law

:thumbup: :---P

In Growing Crackdown on Foreign Media, Lawmakers Call for Al-Jazeera to Register As Foreign Agent Due to Its Investigative Reporting on Pro-Israel Lobbyists

... The recent calls for Al-Jazeera to register demonstrate clearly how FARA can be abused for political purposes. Al-Jazeera is slated to release a four-part documentary about pro-Israel lobbyists in the US. One of the issues dealt with is a “covert campaign” against the Boycotts, Divestment, and Sanctions movement (BDS). As part of this investigation, Al-Jazeera used an undercover investigator and hidden cameras. According to Al-Jazeera, it “uncovered evidence, which suggests that this campaign may well involve these groups working with Israel to collect intelligence on and discredit U.S. citizens who support BDS, as well as others who are perceived as challenging Israel.” ...
:roll: Classic deflection and projection - accuse the media of being foreign agents in order to cover up and retaliate for the media exposing rightwing pols secretly working with actual foreign agents.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jets.html

Getting closer.

Most religions mostly suck, but these people act like some sky fairy made their shit special. If so, why would he make theirs stink so much worse than others.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Thank you for contacting me about the recent Great Return March, organized by Palestinians in Gaza. It’s an honor to serve the people of North Carolina’s 11th district, and I appreciate you taking the time to contact me.

I understand your concern about the Israeli Defense Forces’ actions in the face of ongoing protests, which are planned until May 15. Protesters from Gaza have been deliberately burning thousands of tires to obscure the view of Israeli security, which has raised the risk of accidents and injury. Since 2007, the Gaza Strip has been governed by Hamas, a designated terrorist organization which in its charter seeks to establish an Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is an unfortunate and delicate situation. Too many lives have been lost. Israel faces continued opposition from its neighbors as well as terrorist organizations. It is my hope that peace will be restored with the assistance of the United States and other members of the international community.

Rest assured, as a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, I will continue to be an advocate for long-lasting peace in the Middle East, and continue to support legislation that will help stabilize the region....

Sincerely,

Mark Meadows (R-NC11)
Member of Congress
Sent to Meadows:
Israeli sniper fire is not "accidents".
No Israeli soldiers have been killed or injured, the supposed threat is a lie.
Over 55 dead and 2000 wounded Palestinians - who are the terrorists?
Israel HAS established an apartheid state.
Your half-truths and lies prove that your interest is not in peace.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

But they threw a rock and it hit my fence.

Thousands wounded and dozens murdered in response

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

It's been over 40 years since I was actively involved in keeping tabs on Israeli-everybody else issues, but as far as I can tell, nothing whatsoever has changed with regard to the Palestinians. Of course, since nothing much has changed in a few centuries, I don't know why anyone would expect different, particularly since they keep doing the same things (and expecting different results?) You can't really accomplish anything by force on someone willing to stand and throw rocks at a tank any more than you can accomplish anything by threatening a guy willing to blow himself up. Israelis need to take a different approach - give the Palestinians some uncontested land, treat them like humans, and hold them to international conduct standards. Chances of doing that? Less than zip.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:52 am
It's been over 40 years since I was actively involved in keeping tabs on Israeli-everybody else issues, but as far as I can tell, nothing whatsoever has changed with regard to the Palestinians. Of course, since nothing much has changed in a few centuries, I don't know why anyone would expect different, particularly since they keep doing the same things (and expecting different results?) You can't really accomplish anything by force on someone willing to stand and throw rocks at a tank any more than you can accomplish anything by threatening a guy willing to blow himself up. Israelis need to take a different approach - give the Palestinians some uncontested land, treat them like humans, and hold them to international conduct standards. Chances of doing that? Less than zip.

I know there is a lot of history back to when they first stole the land, but doesn't the current problem mostly date from the 1940s through everything they have done to refuse being even half-ass neighbors until now?

They made up this country. They stole, bullied and terrorised to get more, but go ape-shit when the victim reacts.

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:32 pm

They made up this country. They stole, bullied and terrorised to get more, but go ape-shit when the victim reacts.
Excellent summary.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:41 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Excellent summary.
With the exception of the made up country part, the rest also describes Mitch McConnell, the religious right and donnie

O Really
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:16 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:41 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

Excellent summary.
With the exception of the made up country part, the rest also describes Mitch McConnell, the religious right and donnie
I'm pretty sure the "made up country" works for them, too. They certainly don't live in the same country as I do.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:30 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 6:16 pm
I'm pretty sure the "made up country" works for them, too. They certainly don't live in the same country as I do.
Definitely a made up President*.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/just- ... house-did/

"The amendment, introduced by Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minnesota), states, “It is the sense of Congress that the use of the Armed Forces against Iran is not authorized by this Act or any other Act.”

Will Yahoo tell trump to hire another McConnell family member to stop this blatant attempt to stop their war?

Will the press cover the most recent McConnell BIL hire by trump?

Will Bert find out that he's not invisible?

Will Danny kill Bert?

And who killed Peter Campbell?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

South Carolina forces universities to violate free speech rights

South Carolina passed a law this week codifying a discredited definition of anti-Semitism that conflates criticism of Israel and Zionism with anti-Jewish bigotry.

“The law will inevitably violate students’ First Amendment rights if enforced to restrict or punish campus speech critical of Israel,” Dima Khalidi, director of the civil rights group Palestine Legal, told The Electronic Intifada.

Students now face increased scrutiny, investigations, censorship and possible punishment for their activities advocating for Palestinian rights on South Carolina campuses, Palestine Legal has warned....
1312. ETTD.