israel determined to start war

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: israel determined to start war

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede wrote:5/6 of Ireland won its independence.

... mass killing of civilians will never move things in the right direction.
This guy might have disagreed -http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/us/30vankirk.html

O Really
Admiral

No shit. And so it has always been, at least from before this former electronic spook worked a Middle East desk. Does this guy Greenwald really consider this news?

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:...Is there any depth that Israel could sink to that would cause us to cut off the lethal aid?
IMNVHO, No.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

sorry verde, I clicked the link, but I was a video and I would have had to watch fox. but I read the caption and will comment

this has nothing to do with undermining Obama - this is way more than petty

this is a last ditch measure for the war monger to win the election that will lead to an all out war with Iran before our 2016 elections - ultimately leading to a pro-war pro military pro security republicon landslide in 2016
there will be war if he wins

who cares how we do it, or what we destroy along the way - we want the power
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Can anyone tell me what Israel does for the US other than create and intensify problems for us? I don't get it. What are we getting for our three billion a year that we give them? I give up.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Can anyone tell me what Israel does for the US ...
It's very best to fulfill biblical prophesy of the end of the world . . . and Bar Refaeli.
:shock: I want my money back.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

neoplacebo wrote:
Vrede wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:Can anyone tell me what Israel does for the US ...
It's very best to fulfill biblical prophesy of the end of the world . . . and Bar Refaeli.
:shock: I want my money back.
I for one can't wait to see how they make a seven headed monster come out of the sea..... or whatever...

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Vrede wrote:It's a mistranslation, they will be seven kosher noodly appendages.
FSM?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I read today that Israel is going to "buy" 14 more F-35 fighters from the US to go with the 19 they "bought" back in November. I wonder if they'll actually pay for them or if we will do it for them? I bet you and I pay for them, just like we pay for the new homes built by Israeli settlers on stolen land. Meanwhile, I will continue to struggle paying my mortgage to Bank of America NA. What a deal.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

From the war commercials running on every channel, to the lies from war criminal net an yahoo, to the distorted news on all the corporate news channels, it looks like we are going to war with Iran

Why didn't they learn their lesson in 1953 when we overthrew their democracy and occupied their country. After all we are such a benevolent colonial occupier - just ask Vietnam
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

They did learn a lesson, war is very profitable for a select few.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Sometime Lefty wrote:They did learn a lesson, war is very profitable for a select few.
You misunderstand my poor attempt at sarcasm. I was suggesting that Iran didn't learn that we will always hate them for reacting to our overthrowing their democracy

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Instead of fighting antisemitism, new Senate bill threatens free speech

Update: Senate passes bill equating legitimate criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism without debate

December 1, 2016 (5:30 pm)–Instead of combating the right-wing antisemitism on the rise in the wake of the election, the problematic “Anti-Semitism Awareness Act” takes aim at campus activism for Palestinian rights by codifying criticism of Israel as anti-Semitic.

The bill was fast-tracked through the Senate today, and passed by unanimous consent this afternoon, despite the hundreds of calls JVP members made to Senate leadership asking for an open debate on these issues. Civil and human rights groups also expressed concern about the bill. (Here is a statement from Palestine Legal, and one from the Friends Committee on National Legislation.)

Instead of fighting anti-Semitism, new Senate bill threatens free speech

Fast-tracked “Anti-Semitism Awareness Act” designed to condemn criticism of Israel

December 1, 2016–The United States Senate is due to consider the “Anti-Semitism Awareness Act,” a bill that, rather than fight anti-Semitism as it purports to do, will enable a crackdown against activism for Palestinian human rights on college campuses. Introduced and fast-tracked this week by Senators Bob Casey (D-PA) and Tim Scott (R-SC), the bill would codify a controversial State Department definition of anti-Semitism that broadly defines criticism of the state of Israel as anti-Semitic.

The bill is supported by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the Jewish Federations of North America, the Anti-Defamation League, and the Simon Wiesenthal Center. “Given the silence of most of those organizations on the appointment of Bannon, an actual white supremacist anti-Semite to a position of power in the White House, and their poor track records of Islamophobia, it is outrageous that they are pushing through this legislation targeted at student activism for Palestinian human rights,” said Tallie Ben Daniel, academic program manager of Jewish Voice for Peace. “Instead of fighting the anti-Semitism entering the White House, this bill will go after 19-year-old students carrying protest signs against human rights abuses. This is not how to fight anti-Semitism, this is a recipe for restricting civil liberties like the right to criticize a government for its policies.”

The legislation would codify a problematic definition of anti-Semitism that right-wing Israel advocates have been trying for years to implement on college campuses in order to police student criticism of Israeli policy. The State Department’s definition of anti-Semitism includes vague wording regarding “demonizing” the state of Israel that can and has been interpreted to stifle legitimate criticism of Israel’s human rights abuses and discriminatory policies. Civil rights groups, free speech advocates and news outlets including the Los Angeles Times editorial board have raised free speech concerns about the implementation of this definition. Kenneth Stern, the lead author of the European Monitoring Centre’s definition upon which the state department definition is based, stated that to use this definition on college campuses would “do more harm than good.”

“We must be vigilant to fight against the intensified racism, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism that have been unleashed by Trump’s campaign and the threat of racist, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant policies promised by his incoming administration. It is more essential than ever that our lawmakers and Jewish communal leaders insist that fighting anti-Semitism go hand in hand with fighting racism and Islamophobia, not reinforce them with misguided legislation designed to defend Israeli policies, not Jews.” said Rabbi Alissa Wise, deputy director of Jewish Voice for Peace.

Liz Jackson, civil rights attorney with Palestine Legal and cooperating counsel with the Center for Constitutional Rights: “As Trump calls for jailing flag burners, every lawmaker must stand up to protect cherished First Amendment freedoms to criticize the government. That includes the right of college students to criticize the U.S. and foreign governments like Israel. Regardless of one’s views on Palestine-Israel, we should all be alarmed at this attempt to pile on top of Trump’s attacks on free speech rights. It is plainly unconstitutional for Congress, the Department of Education, a state legislature, or any public school to punish campus speech critical of Israel.”

The Anti-Semitism Awareness Act merits full consideration and a public debate.
:roll: :gthumb: :cussing:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
I live in SC; did we fuckin secede again, and I didn't hear about it this morning?
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

SC is a different planet, which used to be a problem until the NC GOP discovered space(case) travel.

That video was from Comedy Central UK's channel. It used to work, sorry. Here's the same thing from The Daily Show with Trevor Noah's channel:

U.S. Diplomacy with Israel, Donald Trump-Style: The Daily Show
1312. ETTD.