Civil liberties thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Civil liberties thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm
Slants win in Supreme Court - Redskins live on.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-top ... &ocid=iehp
I like free speech, but this could get ugly. There are worse possibilities than these two. We'll see.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:26 pm
What do y'all think of this? I had a convicted pervert removed from Facebook. His friends knew nothing about his conviction, and he got out of prison shortly before the registry was started. It made me gag every time his creepy face showed up under "people you might know."
There are plenty of other sites for the exchange of ideas and social networking that don't involve parents posting pictures of their children. I have warned my Facebook friends to double down on their privacy setting.

Too bad we can't boot the Pervert-in-Chief off social media.
RALEIGH
The U.S. Supreme Court has overturned a North Carolina law prohibiting registered sex offenders from using Facebook or other social networking sites that minors can join.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/ ... rylink=cpy
Complicated, with reasonable arguments on both sides. I'm glad I'm not deciding. I once threw a convicted child molester/friend of the landlord off my property once with the landlord right there. Thought I might get evicted, but nothing happened.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:02 pm
The problem with using "sex offender registry" is that it doesn't distinguish among the rapists, the child molesters, and the 19-year old with a 15 year old girl friend or the guy who was convicted of indecent exposure for pissing in the alley. I think they could have done OK by restricting it to those convicted of crimes involving children, but the prohibition on Facebook use is way too broad IMNVHO.
Oh, I agree about the registry. There are so many degrees of offense, and the guy caught pissing in the alley is open to being harassed by neighborhood vigilantes.I would not have gone to the trouble of removing a statutory rape con, but a creep who screws his 12 year old step-daughter?

Facebook itself is a problem. I'm there only to keep up with family, and I'm not interested in building a friend list with people who weren't exactly friendly in high school. Some of my "friends" have hundreds on their lists, and I don't think they realize how many people can see their stuff. A crook of any persuasion could build quite the list of targets.
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:22 pm
I once threw a convicted child molester/friend of the landlord off my property once with the landlord right there.
Felt really good, didn't it.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

k9nanny wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:32 am
Vrede too wrote:
I once threw a convicted child molester/friend of the landlord off my property once with the landlord right there.
Canadians might agree with the traditional American alternatives, but we still find them hard to watch.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:32 am
Vrede too wrote:
It's been more than 20 years but my recollection is that is was sad to have to deal with, not that I regret what I did a bit.
1312. ETTD.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

It's always sad, one of the saddest aspects of society.
Victims robbed of childhood. They blame themselves and live with terrible secrets. Many who do tell are not believed.
The mother of my pervert didn't believe it, yet blamed the little girl.

Interesting. My Facebook post on the subject hasn't received a single comment, like, or share. Guess it's an unwanted intrusion into the world of cute kids, puppies, selfies, and recipes.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

k9nanny wrote: Interesting. My Facebook post on the subject hasn't received a single comment, like, or share. Guess it's an unwanted intrusion into the world of cute kids, puppies, selfies, and recipes.
Unwanted is probably correct. Could be because his prior activities are now an accepted part of everyday life; like, well, you know what else is now acceptable. Your "friends" most likely feel you should have minded your own business and stuck to kids, puppies, selfies, and recipes.

Louisiana has a law similar to North Carolina's, but unlike the N.C. law just struck down, Louisiana’s applies only to people convicted of sex crimes with children, according to a document filed in Supreme Court.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Just noticed that I shouldn't have called it "my property". Rather, it was the yard of the house I was renting.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:01 am
Just noticed that I shouldn't have called it "my property". Rather, it was the yard of the house I was renting.
That makes it your property
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:13 am
That makes it your property
Nah, I never would have owned something so crappy. :D

More seriously, I know that renters have certain rights but they were just examining some timbers the landlord had stored in the yard. I never thought I had a right to tell the creep to leave, I just did it.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

k9nanny wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:33 am
The mother of my pervert didn't believe it, yet blamed the little girl.
That's a common theme. In both the US and Canada the Catholic Church has publicly blamed children for preying on the priests who abused them. (Later backing down, confused over the backlash that follows.)

Meanwhile in Europe when children have told police about abuse by priests, the Church has had them (the children) castrated to cure them of their evil ways.

homerfobe
Ensign

rstrong wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:21 am
That's a common theme. In both the US and Canada the Catholic Church has publicly blamed children for preying on the priests who abused them. (Later backing down, confused over the backlash that follows.)

Meanwhile in Europe when children have told police about abuse by priests, the Church has had them (the children) castrated to cure them of their evil ways.
Of course, it's the innocent child's fault because queers have a right not to be exposed.
Bastards.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

homerfobe wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:33 am
Of course, it's the innocent child's fault because queers have a right not to be exposed.
This has nothing to do with "queers." The vast majority of pedophiles are straight. Studies have shown this over and over.

We're talking about an organization - the Catholic church - which has earned a reputation for both its international pedophile exchange program AND its institutionalized homophobia.

Christ, you're one stupid, vile little hatemonger.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

rstrong wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 am
. . . We're talking about an organization - the Catholic church - which has earned a reputation for both its international pedophile exchange program AND its institutionalized homophobia . . . .
Unless, of course, the homosexual is a priest.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 pm
That's no doubt happened. But given the Catholic church's institutionalized homophobia, the percentage of priests who are homosexual is no doubt much lower than the general population. The same goes for the church officials at all levels of the organization responsible for rotating the pedophiles to new parishes.

homerfobe
Ensign

rstrong wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:58 am
homerfobe wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:33 am
This has nothing to do with "queers." The vast majority of pedophiles are straight. Studies have shown this over and over.
Studies schmudies. A man that will suck a dick is a goddamned queer, no matter how old the dick is, you stupid fuck. The fact the victim is less than 18 years old is what labels the sonofabitch a pedophile.

We're talking about an organization - the Catholic church - which has earned a reputation for both its international pedophile exchange program AND its institutionalized homophobia.
It doesn't mean shit who your talking about. Fucking queers are crawling out of the woodwork since bleeding heart faglovers like you began coddling and nursing their stinking-ass sex habits. There's an exchange program for you. At least the church tried to cover up their vile horseshit behavior, whereas you and the rest of the world's fagloving dumbfucks encourage it.

Christ, you're one stupid, vile little hatemonger.
Pot calls kettle black. Go fuck yourself, since you're the one with a backbone like a junkyard dog.

homerfobe
Ensign

rstrong wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:17 pm
Boatrocker wrote:
That's no doubt happened. But given the Catholic church's institutionalized homophobia, the percentage of priests who are homosexual is no doubt much lower than the general population. The same goes for the church officials at all levels of the organization responsible for rotating the pedophiles to new parishes.
So what's the big deal? The world now sees queers, fags, twat twinkies, half and halfs, and all other forms of sexual deviates "normal". Your just now pissing your pants over that shit? Fucking moron.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

rstrong wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:17 pm
Boatrocker wrote:
Given the culture of shame promulgated by the church, some see the clergy and celibacy as a refuge. No matter how naughty my tendencies, I'll have to behave. It's not unlike my decision as a six year old to become a minister to escape going to hell. By some estimates, 20-50% of priests are gay, which, in no way, means they are all pedophiles.

Still, there's no reason to focus on homosexuality. Crimes against boys make better press than crimes against girls and nuns, which are both well documented.

However, my original rant was inspired by a man abusing a girl. The vile little hate monger's obsession turned the conversation.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Q: How do you get a nun pregnant?
Spoiler:
A: Dress her up like an altar boy.
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

The vile little hate monger's obsession® turned the conversation.
Cry me a river. You're using Tu-tu man's copyrighted phrases. Your ass is grass.