Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Probably just posturing but one can hope.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-deep-fin ... 26640.html
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:24 am

Funny stuff

"The lawsuit arrives after the NRA was forced to pay a $7m fine for selling an illegally branded NRA insurance policy. That policy refunded legal costs for NRA members who fired legal guns. New York state determined the insurance was illegal, writing the group has "unlawfully provided liability insurance to gun owners for certain acts of intentional wrongdoing"."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Well, if all the NRA is saying about NY is true, then I say they're a shining light for the other states. :clap:
Of course, nothing they NRA has ever said before is true, so...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:24 am

Did the Russian money get cut off after Maria Butina's arrest?

They're exaggerating hardship to the court and also playing to the same ignorant and gullible crowd as the televangelists that predict catastrophe and damnation if you don't send them your savings.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

It's so hard for me to grasp how people will accept crap like the world ending because of ____ and then when ____ doesn't happen they readily accept a new date for the same crap until ____ doesn't happen again and they have to accept yet another revision to the crap - all the while believing the claim that God spoke directly to the guy who keeps changing what God said.

Yeah, sure there were gold tablets in a language that only one person could read. Please don't notice that he read them differently from day to day.
And nevermind this blood moon didn't destroy the sinners, the next one will bring the rapture for sure.
Yes honey, the world really is flat. Go to sleep now and don't fret about the mean scientists telling lies. Everything will be all right at the End, so hang on to your blanket.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

And JTA says the internet has no good purpose! :toothy:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

NC joins lawsuit against Trump administration over 3D-printed guns

Yesterday I wrote you how a judge blocked the planned release of 3D code hours before it was set to hit the internet.

Today, I want to share that NC Attorney General Josh Stein has now joined 10 other attorneys general who brought that lawsuit since. This is important as the judge’s decision only lasts until August 10th, meaning additional legal action is critical.

We commend AG Stein for standing up for public safety and couldn’t agree with him more when he said on WECT Wilmington:

"These plastic guns are incredibly concerning to the public safety...somebody could manufacture a firearm in their home that is undetectable by metal detectors, has no serial number, could be used in the commission of a crime and law enforcement would have no way to use the weapon or the ballistics in order to protect the public," Stein explained.

"They're illegal, currently, but what we don't want is to make it easy for people to engage in illegal acts and that's why we went to court and succeeded."

AG Stein needs to hear from you that he did the right thing.

Please email him using this form and share why you think that 3D printed guns are dangerous
Write a letter to the editor sharing why AG Stein did the right thing and the dangers of 3D printed guns. We would be happy to review anything that you write.

Here are some talking points that you can use as to the dangers of 3D printed guns

3D guns are created without a serial number and therefore untraceable.
There are no background checks to make a 3D gun. That means that minors, criminals, and terrorists can create a gun no questions asked.
3D guns are plastic and therefore undetectable by regular detectors.

Opponents argue that the company making 3D guns has a First Amendment right to publish these files, making it sound like a recipe to make these guns. The code is actually active and ready to go with the push of a button. We must counter this argument with urgency to ensure that the code is not released to the general public.

If you could, please let us know after you take these important actions – ncgv@ncgv.org.

Thank you,

Becky
North Carolinians Against Gun Violence Education Fund
http://www.ncgv.org/
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Florida 'stand your ground' shooter Michael Drejka charged with manslaughter

:clap: I'm kinda shocked. It's good to see Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri get shamed this way, too.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:16 am
Can republicans feel shame? I had not heard that before. Probably fake news.
I've got an extra room if you want to get the hell out.

Early report from one witness, could be FoS: white guy, possibly a gamer that had been eliminated the day before.

Edit: Amazing, that early report was correct. However, I'm moving this from the Florida Man thread where I originally posted it to the Gun thread since the perp was a Maryland man. Although, it could be that Florida makes Maryland men crazy assholes. I hope we don't need to start a Maryland Man thread.

Multiple people dead, including suspect, in mass shooting at Jacksonville Landing
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I've been contacted by The Wall Street Journal, an online survey. Evidently, someone submitted a comment to the ATF using my correct name, title and email address: "Ignore the terrorists, ban bump stocks."

I'm not even 100% sure what that gibberish means, but I think it's trying to diminish the anti-bump stock efforts. Of course, it's stupid since ATF doesn't even work on terrorism.

I told WSJ that I'm angry. There must have been a lot of the same comment for them to get suspicious. If they contact me for followup, I'll let you know. If you come across an article about these fake comments, please let me know.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

"This week, there was another mass shooting in Florida, the 253rd of 2018.
This year, more than 2,300 children have been injured or killed by gun violence.
Students and their families deserve safe, welcoming schools where everyone can learn and thrive,
not war zones weaponized by politicians in the pocket of the NRA."

All I see here is placing blame on the NRA (of which, btw, I AM NOT a member) and politicians for school kids deaths. Bear in mind that most of the recent school shooting deaths were by legally purchased and licensed guns. I suppose that means they were "weaponized by politicians in the pocket of the NRA?"

Arming a teacher trained in the use of a firearm will not prevent or reduce the number of deaths in the event of a school shooting?
The mere fact that a gun is on campus is a sign that kids are going to automatically die? The fact that a legal gun on campus is going to hinder their education? The fact a gun is legally on campus makes that campus a 'war zone'?

I didn't see anywhere in that petition where Credo offered a solution how to create an environment where "Students and their families deserve safe, welcoming schools where everyone can learn and thrive" Maybe YOU can offer a idea?

In reading many of the Credo Action petitions, I find they're nothing more than much of the same knee-jerk b.s. found in Facebook memes and personal opinions.

It's strange how you abhor guns; yet glorify and campaign for drug use that renders a person mentally incompetent. Strange indeed.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:47 am
Bear in mind that most of the recent school shooting deaths were by legally purchased and licensed guns. ...
And therein lies a big part of the problem.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:24 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
Bear in mind that most of the recent school shooting deaths were by legally purchased and licensed guns. ...
oops - don't tell leo, he may beat you with his strawman army guys

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:24 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
What problem? Explain. Is that one line from my post all you can comment on? Where's the answers to the questions?
Maybe you all have a solution as to how the government can regulate mental illness? anguish? stupidity? jealousy? overwhelming debt? paranoia? Or how to see into someone's mind when legally applying for a gun permit or purchase?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:43 pm
Strawman? Why don't you answer the questions, rather than sit back and call names?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:30 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:43 pm
Strawman? Why don't you answer the questions, rather than sit back and call names?
I called you "leo". had you rather something else?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral