Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by O Really »

He's being claimed as a member by a white nationalist group. (story to come, they say)

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:17 pm
He's being claimed as a member by a white nationalist group. (story to come, they say)
CBC: White nationalist militia says teen charged in Florida school shooting was a member
The leader of a white nationalist militia says Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his group and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee.

Jordan Jereb told The Associated Press on Thursday that his group wants Florida to become its own white ethnostate. He said his group holds "spontaneous random demonstrations" and tries not to participate in the modern world.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Interesting, "participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee" is detail that lends some credibility. Also, you would think that Jordan Jereb wouldn't go out of his way to admit it unless he knew it was going to come out, anyhow. We'll see.
Tell Republicans in Congress: Thoughts and prayers are not enough

The petition to Republicans in Congress reads:

“Put your constituents before the National Rifle Association. Take immediate action to ban weapons of war, including assault weapons and large capacity magazines, which have no place in the hands of private citizens.”
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:58 pm
Also, you would think that Jordan Jereb wouldn't go out of his way to admit it unless he knew it was going to come out, anyhow. We'll see.
Normally it's a myth that "there's no such thing as bad publicity." But for the type of people he wants to attract, it's all good. For a fringe-of-the-fringe group, ANY relevance is good. They'll gain a lot more followers than they'll lose. They'll gain street cred, notoriety and brownie points in white supremacist / alt right circles.

It also tells potential critics "These are the type of people associated with us. You don't dare criticize us."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mugshots.com: JORDAN JEREB
rstrong wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:28 pm
Normally it's a myth that "there's no such thing as bad publicity." But for the type of people he wants to attract, it's all good. For a fringe-of-the-fringe group, ANY relevance is good. They'll gain a lot more followers than they'll lose. They'll gain street cred, notoriety and brownie points in white supremacist / alt right circles.

It also tells potential critics "These are the type of people associated with us. You don't dare criticize us."
I hear you, but I was thinking that school shootings cross a line. I could be wrong. Maybe he's emulating ISIS where nothing is too despicable to take credit for.

Now, I'm a little disturbed by your intimate knowledge of white supremacists and their mindset. :P
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Oh my... From a "prominent" forum - speculation school officials said nothing to law enforcement due to political correctness (shooter had a Hispanic last name), or maybe because he was a dreamer...
Last edited by JTA on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Matthew Heimbach visits Jordan Jereb [REPOST]

I can see not knowing how bad the audio would be, but what kind of moron posts a video with such crappy audio? It screams, "We are fuck-ups!"
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 pm
Now, I'm a little disturbed by your intimate knowledge of white supremacists and their mindset.
I spent a few years debunking their lies on Digg and then Reddit. And yes, reading about ISIS.

And then there's current events. The Winter Olympics are for the people who say "Why isn't there a WHITE history month?" :P

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Here's a multi-page forum dedicated to ridiculing Jordan Jereb:

Jordan Jereb / Wriggle / ROF militia - Florida seccesionist and complete fuckup
rstrong wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:49 pm
CBC: White nationalist militia says teen charged in Florida school shooting was a member
The leader of a white nationalist militia says Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his group and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee.

Jordan Jereb told The Associated Press on Thursday that his group wants Florida to become its own white ethnostate. He said his group holds "spontaneous random demonstrations" and tries not to participate in the modern world.
Hint that it's all BS:
Jereb said he didn't know Cruz personally ...
It doesn't look like RoF is big enough to have had drills where Jereb didn't know everyone personally.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:17 pm
And then there's current events. The Winter Olympics are for the people who say "Why isn't there a WHITE history month?" :P
Norway currently leads the medal count, followed by Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, Whitesylvania and Albinostan. If you're making predictions, as a rule of thumb countries do better the more they look like the surface they're competing on.

I can only assume that it's nevertheless still popular with non-whites. Much like how many people watch NASCAR for the crashes, non-whites can watch the Winter Olympics while betting on how many different ways white people can injure themselves on ice.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 pm
I hear you, but I was thinking that school shootings cross a line.
Given Roy Moore's alt-right support after HIS high school "outreach" became public, probably not.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:08 pm
Oh my... From a "prominent" forum - speculation school officials said nothing to law enforcement due to political correctness (shooter had a Hispanic last name), or maybe because he was a dreamer...
A fair concern. The last Cruz to immigrate was linked by the President to the Kennedy assassination.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

JTA wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:08 pm
That's his adoption surname.

Snopes already has a bunch of "Nikolas Cruz" entries.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://twitter.com/dnlnss/status/96392 ... %2Fnews%2F
Daniel Nass
@dnlnss

I've updated this @teamtrace graphic three times in the past five months.

Columbine - 13 killed, not counting the 2 perps - doesn't even make the top 10 list anymore.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:08 am
https://twitter.com/dnlnss/status/96392 ... %2Fnews%2F
Daniel Nass
@dnlnss

I've updated this @teamtrace graphic three times in the past five months.

Columbine - 13 killed, not counting the 2 perps - doesn't even make the top 10 list anymore.
Seems like these things are more frequent, too.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:49 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:47 am
I sometimes watch fox so you don't have to

Thank you for your service.

Rep. Eric Swalwell on fox just said,

D-CA15, eastern Alameda County (suburban Bay Area).

"We have to hope and pray that this stuff stops."
Eric Swalwell: Gun Violence Prevention

Rep. Swalwell at House Democrats' sit-in for gun violence legislation

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:49 am
Why would anyone leave mccain off a list of assholes?
Idk, but I'm guessing that it was just a glitch given that she re-posted his pic and the article that lists him as #1. It would be really dumb to do it for some McCain-protecting reason while also posting the McCain condemnation.
Maybe she felt bad pointing at him because of his cancer, but wasn't he the one who explained his recent vote by saying, why should other people have insurance, look at me, I've good the best health care in the world and it can't save me.

Big screwup by me. The guy on fox was a repug rep who looked a little like swalwell. My fogged early a.m. brain suggested Eric, so I googled rep Eric and the very good congressman popped up and I went with it.
The whack congressman on fox has a thinner face and lighter hair.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

BBC: White House refuses to release photo of Trump gun law repeal

The White House has refused to release a photo of President Donald Trump signing a law making it easier for some people with mental illness to buy guns.

Anyway.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rstrong wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:11 pm
BBC: White House refuses to release photo of Trump gun law repeal

The White House has refused to release a photo of President Donald Trump signing a law making it easier for some people with mental illness to buy guns.

Anyway.

Didn't he also sign one reversing an Obama reg. that prevented vets with PTSD from owning guns?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”