Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Boatrocker »

JTA wrote: . . . That dude needs to work on his shit trigger finger discipline before he shoots himself in the ass.
Nah. Looks like he's doing fine. In most wingnuts, a shot in the ass is lethal.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Boatrocker wrote:
JTA wrote: ". . . That dude needs to work on his shit trigger finger discipline before he shoots himself in the ass."
"Nah. Looks like he's doing fine. In most wingnuts, a shot in the ass is lethal."
That depends on who the ass is that's behind him.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:... Also, the safety pins are to let women and oppressed minorities know that not everyone is a pitiful, immoral bigot like Mr.B, not to make the wearer feel safe, and some liberals will protect minorities from Mr.B's ilk with a gun if need be. Mr.B is a befuddled idiot, again.
Mr.B's post was even the first one after my post discussing all this in detail:
http://www.blueridgedebate.com/viewtopi ... pin#p67240

No one ever says that pitiful bigots like Mr.B are smart or honest, ever.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

If the custom of wearing a safety pin as a positive symbol continues to grow, maybe the time will come to form a new political party from that group. Maybe they could come up with a better name than the "Safety Pin" party, but would represent a set of values held by (hopefully) most of the US citizenry.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Good Grief. A "whine me a river" poster.

Our population is overflowing with pampered, and entitleds who can't stand on their own two feet; now there's those who want to help them sink further into helplessness and dependence on others . Do the offers come with free "grief counselors" too?

("If Trump gets elected, I'll change your diaper" should be added to the list.)

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"If the custom of wearing a safety pin as a positive symbol continues to grow, maybe the time will come to form a new political party from that group. Maybe they could come up with a better name than the "Safety Pin" party, but would represent a set of values held by (hopefully) most of the US citizenry."
It's already named. "Star Wars against Hate". Named after a group of spaced out ... :shock: ... wait a minute, never mind...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:If the custom of wearing a safety pin as a positive symbol continues to grow, maybe the time will come to form a new political party from that group. Maybe they could come up with a better name than the "Safety Pin" party, but would represent a set of values held by (hopefully) most of the US citizenry.
Decent People Party. Despite the multi-reason election results most of us by far aren't pitiful bigots like Mr.B, and even they are rapidly reforming or dying out.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"....most of us by far aren't pitiful bigots like Mr.B ...."
You've not looked in a mirror lately? Bigotry comes in many forms. 'Pitiful' is listed at the top of your (and rstrong's) form.

"Decent People Party" ---- <snicker>

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:If the custom of wearing a safety pin as a positive symbol continues to grow, maybe the time will come to form a new political party from that group. Maybe they could come up with a better name than the "Safety Pin" party, but would represent a set of values held by (hopefully) most of the US citizenry.
Decent People Party. Despite the multi-reason election results most of us by far aren't pitiful bigots like Mr.B, and even they are rapidly reforming or dying out.
Yes, I would personally be willing to flog those who didn't vote. We're stuck with Trump due to about 25% of the voting eligibles. The half that didn't vote were largely responsible for his win, in part because they didn't see a difference in the candidates, didn't like either of them, or didn't care. But most of that half are not likely supportive of Trump's policies or person. But while not entirely serious about the safety-pin party, I do think there's an opportunity for a new party based on different goals, ideals, and issues from those that have dominated the spectrum for years. Many of the "issues" that have formed the battle lines for the past several decades are Republican-based issues, with the Dems playing defense. Time to round up a coalition of people who don't want to be bounded by traditional labels like "Republican" "Democrat" or "Libertarian." And I think it would be the "decent people" who would join, although I wouldn't name it that. "Decent" is pretty much a subjective matter of perspective. Too bad the "American Party" is already taken (and the name tainted). But some name that large numbers of people across the spectrum could relate to.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Yes, I would personally be willing to flog those who didn't vote. We're stuck with Trump due to about 25% of the voting eligibles. The half that didn't vote were largely responsible for his win, in part because they didn't see a difference in the candidates, didn't like either of them, or didn't care. But most of that half are not likely supportive of Trump's policies or person."

"I do think there's an opportunity for a new party based on different goals, ideals, and issues from those that have dominated the spectrum for years. Many of the "issues" that have formed the battle lines for the past several decades are Republican-based issues, with the Dems playing defense. Time to round up a coalition of people who don't want to be bounded by traditional labels like "Republican" "Democrat" or "Libertarian.
And I think it would be the "decent people" who would join, although I wouldn't name it that."
Too bad the "American Party" is already taken (and the name tainted), but some name that large numbers of people across the spectrum could relate to."
Not a party name, but we call ourselves "Unaffiliated". No defining labels there.

"Decent" is pretty much a subjective matter of perspective."
Yep, don't we know it.

O Really
Admiral

Mr.B wrote: Not a party name, but we call ourselves "Unaffiliated". No defining labels there.

Yep, don't we know it.
[/quote]
Yes, but there's no organized political power there, either. Theoretical "unaffiliateds" tend to mostly vote for the same party, and all pretty much vote for one of the major or occasionally inconsequential parties. Independents or unaffiliateds can affect elections, but it's mainly luck, and they still end up electing one of the parties. If you could get the "unaffiliateds" to create a party, run candidates, support/oppose issues, etc., then you might have something.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "Yes, but there's no organized political power there, either. Theoretical "unaffiliateds" tend to mostly vote for the same party, and all pretty much vote for one of the major or occasionally inconsequential parties. Independents or unaffiliateds can affect elections, but it's mainly luck, and they still end up electing one of the parties. If you could get the "unaffiliateds" to create a party, run candidates, support/oppose issues, etc., then you might have something."
You might have a point there....

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

O Really wrote:If you could get the "unaffiliateds" to create a party, run candidates, support/oppose issues, etc., then you might have something.
I'm "unaffiliated" in the same sense that Mr.B is. But there's a lot we'd disagree on in an "Unaffiliated Party."

O Really
Admiral

rstrong wrote:
O Really wrote:If you could get the "unaffiliateds" to create a party, run candidates, support/oppose issues, etc., then you might have something.
I'm "unaffiliated" in the same sense that Mr.B is. But there's a lot we'd disagree on in an "Unaffiliated Party."
Sure, but no party members always agree 100% with everybody else. But there is a real-life example of a big-tent party that worked pretty well. As the NC Republicans are fond of saying, the Democrats ruled (ruined, according to them) NC for 140 years. And did so in spite of having a widely diverse population left/right and in interests. It worked because the party accepted the wide variations, and because they were in the same party, did not feel automatically obligated to trash something just because somebody else proposed it as happens now with the current crop of legislators. I'm not saying it was perfect, and I wasn't living here during most of it, but I think the history speaks for itself, that it worked better than having warring factions focused on taking down the other and not on getting anything done. I think there probably is a good bit in common among unaffiliateds, even with significant differences. Probably most would like a good education system, good infrastructure, and a good economy. Think how much better off the state would be if the Republicans had focused on those types of things when they took office.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:... Theoretical "unaffiliateds" tend to mostly vote for the same party ...
Just so. This 3rd party chat is about the bigots vs. decent people and pathetic, bigoted Mr.B already outed himself as being a Trumpette.
[color=#BF0000]Vrede too[/color] wrote:
Mr.B wrote:the U.S. is suffering major butt-hurt.

Why don't you go burn a car (not mentioned in Mr.B's link), loot a store (not mentioned in Mr.B's link) ... beat up some old people (not mentioned in Mr.B's link)... then tell us how deplorable we are again!
Mr.B's crybaby, Commandment-level sinful, serial false witness is deplorable, as is his misogynist support for an admitted sexual assaulter.
Vrede too wrote:Bored, so I looked.
Mr.B wrote:Trump's worst is far better than Hillary's best.

Wussy and irrelevant deflection from having been busted thrice lying, again.

(Not that I "support" him.) ...

The only "us" (your word) being called "deplorable" are Trumpettes. Were you lying when you posted "us" or are you lying now, including by denying that you voted for Trump?
You've always been a sleazy, immoral liar, why would I need any new adjectives? Repent, false witness sinner!
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

rstrong wrote:
I am "unaffiliated" in the sense that I refuse to register with a national, organized(?) party. But, while I voted 90% Republican for many, many years, I have for a variety of reasons run from them the last 15 years and, at this point in time, wouldn't vote for one of them, now, with a fucking gun to my head.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Boatrocker wrote:
rstrong wrote:
I am "unaffiliated" in the sense that I refuse to register with a national, organized(?) party. But, while I voted 90% Republican for many, many years, I have for a variety of reasons run from them the last 15 years and, at this point in time, wouldn't vote for one of them, now, with a fucking gun to my head.
Yup. I'm a conservative republican - by the dictionary meaning of both words. The Tea Party / Trump Republicans are many things, but they're not conservative. Right now Obama probably has the best claim to that label.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Gunman charged after threatening DC restaurant hit by fake news

A man who took a rifle into a Washington pizza restaurant on Sunday "to self-investigate" a fake news report that it was operating a child abuse ring has been charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, police in the U.S. capital said.

Washington's Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement that Edgar Maddison Welch, 28, of Salisbury, North Carolina, was charged after the incident at Comet Ping Pong restaurant in Washington near the Maryland border on Sunday afternoon.

The suspect entered the restaurant and pointed a gun at a restaurant employee, who fled and notified authorities, police said. The man then discharged the weapon inside the restaurant. There were no injuries.

Two weapons were found inside the restaurant and a third one was recovered from the man's vehicle, police added.

They said the suspect during an interview with investigators "revealed that he came to the establishment to self-investigate 'Pizza Gate' (a fictitious online conspiracy theory)," the police statement said.

Last month, media outlets including the Washington Post and New York Times, reported about death threats against the owner of the restaurant after internet postings said the restaurant was operating a child abuse ring led by Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and her top campaign aide.

Police said there was no active investigation of child abuse allegations there. The attack on Comet was considered an example of how fake news reports that proliferated during the election year affected people's lives....
Comments:
And to think...these are the fake news social media imbeciles that just elected our next President. Lord help us all.
We now have an unqualified conman as president due to fake news and Russian hacking. America has jumped the shark, it is all downhill from here on out.
Are conservatives really this stupid, or do they deliberately act like idiots to annoy the left?
There are a lot of well-armed, extremist white people in this country. They're the equivalent of Muslim extremists: full of hate, ignorance, and will violently attack the innocent.
Unbelievable the level of ignorance that permeates American society today.
We already knew Trump supporters were at the bottom of the intelligence charts, so....
HAHA Fake news? These are reports from credible sources. The Liberal media wants to control the message. Just like Nazi Germany.
Amazing how many idiots there are around. Apparently, enough to elect a president.
Pizzagate has so many sick coincidences you'd be a fool to ignore them.
Another crazy Trump supporter, like the delusional ones in the comments .
The only fake news is the news that comes from the (((controlled MSM))). There is a lot more to this Comet Pizzagate that the media refuses to cover. A lot of their friends, allies and media bosses are probably connected to kiddie diddling.. They will do their best to cover it up...
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.