Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Mr.B
A bad person.

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by Mr.B »

"When Guns are Outlawed, Only ....." (well .... you know)

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Your meme source is an idiot, Mr.B. Emanual's quote was in regard to Chicago's response to Trump's expected raids on Hispanics. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... tuary-city
Had nothing to do with being safe from the violence affecting everyone. So either the meme creator knew that and intentionally created a lie (likely) or did not know that and demonstrated yet again why Trump "loves the poorly educated."

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"Your meme source is an idiot, Mr.B. Emanual's quote was in regard to Chicago's response to Trump's expected raids on Hispanics.
Had nothing to do with being safe from the violence affecting everyone."
:lol: :lol: I knew that; I had already looked up the source of the quote and found the same link as you. It's just a piece of bait; I knew it would throw rstrong and Vrede into a "pants-wetting"© tizzy....hey, gotta keep the flames fanned, you know...! I'm certain either of them have their repertoire of adjectives ready for me.... :lol: I didn't expect YOU to be the one to call me out on it first though... :lol:

"So either the meme creator knew that and intentionally created a lie (likely) or did not know that and demonstrated yet again why Trump "loves the poorly educated."
Or both. Many of these memes are nothing but b.s., designed to inflame, deceive, or pander to the moonbats (both political affiliations).
I love to read the comments that follow their postings; better than a comic book...! :lol:
Oh gosh..it just hit me...! This was a humorous post! My ass is grass...! rstrong's the lawnmower! This type of posting ain't allowed...! :violent:

O Really
Admiral

Well, no, it's not really a humorous post, whatever the intent. It perpetuates misinformation that can have much wider reaching effects - maybe not from posting in our little private forum, but then I doubt this is the only place that meme is posted. Nevermind that it takes Emmanual's quote out of context, it fuels the lie that Chicago's gun problem isn't helped by it's gun restrictions. Much is made of how many people get killed/shot in Chicago and that is used as a "reason" why not to have restrictions. So where in the top ten large cities do you suppose Chicago ranks in violent crime? Ummm, that list doesn't include Chicago. That's because it's violent crime is way lower than #10. Detroit, Michigan 1988.63
Memphis, Tennessee 1740.51
Oakland, California 1685.39
St. Louis, Missouri 1678.73
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1476.41
Baltimore, Maryland 1338.54
Cleveland, Ohio 1334.35
Stockton, California 1331.47
Indianapolis, Indiana 1254.66
Kansas City, Missouri 1251.45

How do the country’s largest cities compare? Of America’s three biggest cities, Chicago had the highest violent crime rate at 884.26 violent crimes per capita. New York City had a rate of 596.7 and Los Angeles had a rate of 490.71.

So how about murder?
Nope, no Chicago.
St. Louis, Missouri 49.91
Detroit, Michigan 43.52
New Orleans, Louisiana 38.75
Baltimore, Maryland 33.84
Newark, New Jersey 33.32
Buffalo, New York 23.22
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 22.43
Memphis, Tennessee 21.38
Atlanta, Georgia 20.47
Cincinati, Ohio 20.16

Chicago had a murder rate of 15.09, New York had a rate of 3.93 and Los Angeles had a rate of 6.66 (well, 6.65511 if you don’t round to the nearest hundredth).
And who is this "Los Angeles" that keeps coming up with a low rate? That would be the city in California - the same California with some of the best firearm restrictions in the country.

And about Chicago - the whole city must be awash in violent crime, yes? Ummm, no. Remove only a few zip codes from the Chicago rates and it's way low. The numbers are affected by some very high-crime areas, which "coincidentally" are low economic areas.

So where do guns in Chicago come from? Places where it's legal... https://mic.com/articles/127842/this-is ... .UCdPm5mky Short of stopping every car entering the city of Chicago from Indiana and other places (maybe like Trump's Muslim "vetting"), it's a matter of a bit of luck to find guns coming into the city - often only when a person is stopped for something else or caught in crime.

But despite all that, people like your meme creator want to keep using Chicago as a reason not to try to reduce criminal use of firearms and keep up false associations that can be harmful.

So tell me again what's "humorous" about that?

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:"When Guns are Outlawed, Only ....." (well .... you know)
So you think that Republicans will outlaw guns now that they're taking power?

Despite all the NRA "Obama gonna take our guns" rallying of gullible inbreds, Obama made Ronald Reagan look anti-gun. You must be talking about Republicans.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote: "So tell me again what's "humorous" about that?"
Nothing. It's the meme that's humorous. sheesh.
rstrong wrote: "So you think that Republicans will outlaw guns now that they're taking power? Despite all the NRA "Obama gonna take our guns" rallying of gullible inbreds, Obama made Ronald Reagan look anti-gun. You must be talking about Republicans."
:lol: I told O Really you'd be wetting your pants© ... :lol: You didn't disappoint! (although I didn't expect that O Really would join in!)
You really take this crap seriously, don't you? Talk about a "gullible inbred" ... sheesh.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote:
"So you think that Republicans will outlaw guns now that they're taking power? Despite all the NRA "Obama gonna take our guns" rallying of gullible inbreds, Obama made Ronald Reagan look anti-gun. You must be talking about Republicans."
:lol: I told O Really you'd be wetting your pants©
Says the gullible inbred who's STILL, eight years later, claims that "Obama gonna take his guns away."

:roll:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:Your meme source is an idiot, Mr.B. Emanual's quote was in regard to Chicago's response to Trump's expected raids on Hispanics. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... tuary-city
Had nothing to do with being safe from the violence affecting everyone. So either the meme creator knew that and intentionally created a lie (likely) or did not know that and demonstrated yet again why Trump "loves the poorly educated."
To be fair, there's other idiocy to go around:

... "To all those who are, after Tuesday's election, very nervous and filled with anxiety ... you are safe in Chicago, you are secure in Chicago and you are supported in Chicago," said Emanuel at a news conference called to publicize the expansion of mental health services for people anxious over the election results.

"Chicago has in the past been a sanctuary city. ... It always will be a sanctuary city," the mayor said....
No, they aren't "safe". All that sanctuary city means is that the city won't help enforce federal law. The feds can enforce their own law as much in sanctuary cities as anywhere else. Plus, Emanuel's claims that anyone is "safe" from Chicago cops would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

... "What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably 2 million, it could be even 3 million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate," said Trump.

Trump did not mention sanctuary cities — jurisdictions that have policies of not cooperating with federal immigration authorities. But his "First 100 Days" plan includes cutting off all federal funding to sanctuary cities....
Enforcement against criminal immigrants is what Obama has done far better than any POTUS before him, and this Congress is going to be loathe to fund new initiatives across the board. Plus, this limited approach is a total contradiction from one of Trump's core campaign themes to deport them all.

3. Mr.B's source is an idiot as you describe.

4. Mr.B's is an idiot as you and rstrong describe:
For re-posting his idiot source.
For still supporting Trump after this and so many other backtracks before Trump even taken office.
For being a supposed con but supporting Trump's Big Brother federal crackdown on local decisions not to help enforce federal law. He would screech like a toddler if the feds threatened to withhold funding from localities because they were more bigoted against anyone than federal policy.
For being an ammosexual bigot, just one of his many pathetic and whiny bigotries.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote: "Says the gullible inbred who's STILL, eight years later, claims that "Obama gonna take his guns away." :roll:
Citation? Proof I've said that? Where? When?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Vrede too wrote:"To be fair, there's other idiocy to go around:"
Break out the smellin' salts!

"Mr.B's source is an idiot as you describe."
I didn't dispute that.

"Mr.B's is (?) an idiot as you and rstrong describe:..."
You only needed one contraction.

"For re-posting his idiot source....For still supporting Trump after this and so many other backtracks before Trump even taken office."
Your cage really did get rattled, didn't it? Turning Point USA is the moonbat organization that is solely responsible for the content of their fake "news".

Since I posted it, I must apologize if the content has offended you so. Change your Pamper and all will be OK.

"For being a supposed con but supporting Trump's Big Brother federal crackdown on local decisions not to help enforce federal law."
I've not supported anything Trumpish, nor has Trump ordered any crackdowns; he's not even in office...duh!

"He would screech like a toddler© (New one?) if the feds threatened to withhold funding from localities because they were more bigoted against anyone than federal policy."
That's so absurd, even from you, that's it's not worth commenting on.

"For being an ammosexual bigot, just one of his many pathetic and whiny bigotries."
What in hades in an "ammosexual bigot?"..or is that just you thinking your peers will hold you in high esteem? (even though they're laughing AT YOU, not with you)

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
rstrong wrote: "Says the gullible inbred who's STILL, eight years later, claims that "Obama gonna take his guns away." :roll:
Today:
Last month:
Mr.B wrote:As opposed to "those kinds of people" that say "we've got to control guns to protect our children"
Any many times before.

But don't worry. No-one expect honesty from you.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:
Today:
Last month:
Mr.B wrote:As opposed to "those kinds of people" that say "we've got to control guns to protect our children"
Any many times before.
You goofy dip..! That's a quote of Hillary's speech!

"But don't worry. No-one expect honesty from you."
Yeah, my bad. I forgot that I was the one to originally coin that phrase; and I forgot that you were stupid enough to believe I was.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

You asked. I gave two recent examples of a claim you've made over and over for years.

As always when caught in a lie, you respond with a childish meltdown.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:"You asked. I gave two recent examples of a claim you've made over and over for years."
So you attribute a remark by Hillary as a cry of "gonna take my guns" to me?

"As always when caught in a lie, you respond with a childish meltdown."
As always, when caught spouting a stupid remark, you spout more stupid remarks. Predictable.

O Really
Admiral

Anybody who perpetuates the "when guns are outlawed..." cliche is stating or supporting a general opinion that guns may in fact be outlawed, despite not a shred of evidence that there is, or has been during 8 years of Obama, any proposal to do so. Nor has anyone ever set forth any viable path by which "outlawing guns" could be accomplished. In fact, during the last eight years, despite the school shootings and all the pretend-concern about terrorists, the only proposals to limit purchase or use of firearms that have surfaced have been very modest, basically things that even the NRA supported 30 years ago and that 80ish percent of the population, including 60ish percent of NRA members support. To equate that in any way to "outlawing guns" so as to make normal people "outlaws" is probably one of the definitions of hide-in-the-bunker-and-wear-tinfoil-hats paranoia.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

One more time:

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

O Really wrote:"Anybody who perpetuates the "when guns are outlawed..." cliche is stating or supporting a general opinion...."
It appears that if I'm going to post anything that I want to portray as ridicule, humor, (HEAVEN FORBID!) or rumor, I'm also going to have to attach a disclaimer so as to not upset the natives (and the non-native), or their "paranoid political fantasies"; inasmuch as they are unable to discern the difference themselves.

O Really
Admiral

Post what you like, Mr.B, but it's not the responsibility of other members to evaluate your intent, nor to stretch imagination to find humour where little if any exists. But anything that is posted is fair game to any and all other posters for comment. So yeah, it helps to identify things said or posted for fun. Or things applauded or disapproved of. That's why emoticons are popular, because they put context in content that might otherwise be misunderstood. But for most people I know, and in most forums I've read, posting a picture or meme without comment implies that the posting represents the posters opinion.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B suffers from Seth Milner syndrome: Posting endless "memes", "jokes" and claims pushing one specific point of view, pausing only to claim that he doesn't share that point of view, before returning to pushing only that point of view.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Oh yeah, I forgot... I'm Seth Milner; I could have sworn I had you fooled, but you were way too smart, weren't you?