Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Get your murder insurance, going fast! Protect yourself, sign up now.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/nra-n ... ot-people/

"According to the Carry Guard website, its insurance provides the funds to pay for a lawyer in the face of both civilian lawsuits and criminal charges, pays for “bail, bonds, legal retainer fees, and legal referrals,” and offers “payment for the lawful replacement of your seized firearm, property restoration for your primary residence, loss of earning while in court and psychological support.”
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Tell National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins:

“Renew funding for gun violence research.”
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Not really.

"While the bill has received a lot of attention on social media, Wisconsin is far from the first state to introduce such legislation. The AP notes that 34 other states already have no minimum hunting age, according to the Wisconsin Hunters’ Rights Coalition."

Kinda makes it sound like other states are doing this too. I'm guessing that most never had a minimum and Wisconsin is just doing away with a law that didn't make much difference.

My hunting family made sure I understood safety. Not sure when I started hunting, but it was before I got my first shotgun on my 12th birthday.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's one thing to have never imposed an age limit, it's another to deliberately remove one that's worked fine for years or decades.
... Right now, minors in Wisconsin must be at least 14 years old to hunt alone, a spokesperson with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources told HuffPost. Children aged 12 and 13 can hunt with a parent or guardian if they have obtained a hunting safety certificate.

And kids who are 10 or 11 years old can hunt without completing a safety course if they are taking part in “mentored hunt.” That means they’re accompanied by an adult who has a hunting license and the pair follows certain rules, like the child only being able to hunt within an arm’s reach of the mentor....
Given the number of adult hunting accidents, do we really need 9-year-old and younger hunters? Plus, how many game animals will really be shot by an adult pretending that it was done on the child's tag?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:01 pm
It's one thing to have never imposed an age limit, it's another to deliberately remove one that's worked fine for years or decades.
... Right now, minors in Wisconsin must be at least 14 years old to hunt alone, a spokesperson with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources told HuffPost. Children aged 12 and 13 can hunt with a parent or guardian if they have obtained a hunting safety certificate.

And kids who are 10 or 11 years old can hunt without completing a safety course if they are taking part in “mentored hunt.” That means they’re accompanied by an adult who has a hunting license and the pair follows certain rules, like the child only being able to hunt within an arm’s reach of the mentor....
Given the number of adult hunting accidents, do we really need 9-year-old and younger hunters? Plus, how many game animals will really be shot by an adult pretending that it was done on the child's tag?
Accidents happen in most things, but seems not so much with hunting safety and kids.
Wisconsin tried a a clumsy expensive regulation that served little purpose and decided to go back to the way most states do it. I don't see that anyone was hurt other than the guaranteed to pass or your money back online hunting safety schools.

Gun safety and assault weapons are an entirely different subject.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

More Than 20 Dead In Shooting At Texas Baptist Church: Reports

:(

Edit: Now at least 27 dead, over 1/2 of the congregation.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

They killed the shooter but haven't publicly identified him yet. Must be a white guy.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:42 pm
They killed the shooter but haven't publicly identified him yet. Must be a white guy.
A black guy on fox said that he was military and could have been radicalised in the ME. Looks like they are breaking on it being a black guy, but now they've seen his Facebook and aren't crowing - must be a white guy.

Couldn't have just been an idiot with an assault weapon assaulting people.

And the head twitt tweeted, "I am monitoring the situation from Japan"

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Betya Devin Patrick Kelley ain't black

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:00 pm
Betya Devin Patrick Kelley ain't black
Irish Muslim.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Hope the coroner has the guts to tell us how many were armed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

According to the internet -

If the shooter is black, that IS the reason.
If the shooter is white, that IS NOT the reason.
If the shooter is an immigrant, that IS the reason.
If the shooter is American, that IS NOT the reason.
If the shooter is liberal, that IS the reason.
If the shooter is a veteran or con, that IS NOT the reason.
If the shooter is Muslim, that IS the reason.
If the shooter is Christian, that IS NOT the reason.

Any questions?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:28 pm
Hope the coroner has the guts to tell us how many were armed.
I'm betting that won't happen.

BMW/M
Red Shirt

Unread post by BMW/M »

Let’s not rush into turning this into a news story; we still don’t know if the shooter was a Muslim, or if this whole thing needs to be ignored.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:48 pm
According to the internet -

If the shooter is black, that IS the reason.
If the shooter is white, that IS NOT the reason.
If the shooter is an immigrant, that IS the reason.
If the shooter is American, that IS NOT the reason.
If the shooter is liberal, that IS the reason.
If the shooter is a veteran or con, that IS NOT the reason.
If the shooter is Muslim, that IS the reason.
If the shooter is Christian, that IS NOT the reason.

Any questions?
Preach!

Some people are running with the story that the dude was a Muslim convert. However, word on the street is that this was a rumor spread by some shittier sections of the internet for reasons we already know why.

It's really despicable and says a lot about the character of our country nowadays that we've resorted to immediate finger pointing so we can go "see I told you so!" Tragedies like this are nothing more than an opportunity to vindicate political prejudices and agendas and point the finger at the other team in a show of smug moral self righteousness.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Jesus fuck, so...

75+ killed, hundreds injured within the last month or so in two separate terrorism incidents committed by white dudes.

7 killed by a Muslim immigrant in NYC.

The hypocrisy of those playing the ethno-religious blame game is played out.

Nothing wrong with not allowing known extremists into the country, but if there's one thing we should've learned from the recent slew of tragedies is that the shittiness of humanity knows no ethnic or religious bounds, and at any moment someone can crack and begin that descent into this craziness we've been seeing.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:38 pm
Jesus fuck, so...

75+ killed, hundreds injured within the last month or so in two separate terrorism incidents committed by white dudes.

7 killed by a Muslim immigrant in NYC.

The hypocrisy of those playing the ethno-religious blame game is played out.

Nothing wrong with not allowing known extremists into the country, but if there's one thing we should've learned from the recent slew of tragedies is that the shittiness of humanity knows no ethnic or religious bounds, and at any moment someone can crack and begin that descent into this craziness we've been seeing.
You left out the Colorado Walmart

But that's okay, so did the media.
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

And now the idiot has weighed in

"This isn't a guns situation," Trump said. "This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It's a very, very sad event. A very, very sad event, but that's the way I view it," Trump said

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:31 am
"... This is a mental health problem at the highest level...." Trump said
If anyone would know . . .
1312. ETTD.