The Most Honest 3 Minutes in Television

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
rstrong
Captain

Re: The Most Honest 3 Minutes in Television

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:
rstrong wrote:Ah, the forum symbol for "Seth Milner has posted a goddamned stupid claim, it was quickly disproven, he doubled down on it regardless, and finally realized that it was goddamned stupid."
Everyone here knows that gif is a forum symbol of of you and Vrede doing your usual song and dance when you team up to whine your "goddamned stupid claims".
And yet you haven't clued into the fact the Vrede and I frequently disagree. You've accused others of "teaming up" against you when they disagree with one of your goddamned stupid claims.

The only real connection is people disagreeing with you. My description is a more accurate.

If it makes you feel better, there's no sense that you're merely trolling with your bigoted and sub-moronic posts. You seem entirely sincere.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

rstrong wrote: And yet you haven't clued into the fact the Vrede and I frequently disagree.
Oh yes I have. It's adorable® to see you two attempting to "out-know" each other.

You've accused others of "teaming up" against you when they disagree with one of your goddamned stupid claims.
Now that is a "goddamned stupid claim" on your part. There's not but 6 or 7 members left here; you, Vrede, and O'Really are one's who I most frequently reply back and forth with. You and Vrede don't even count as "others" as you're like Siamese twins; one is always riding on the other's ass jabbering like a frickin' parrot to each other. None of the others have seen me post a complaint or accusation about them.
Simply put, you're full of shit.

The only real connection is people disagreeing with you. My description is a more accurate.
If I constantly whined, whimpered, pissed and moaned about people disagreeing with me like you do, I would have left long ago. My description of you is the most accurate.

If it makes you feel better, there's no sense that you're merely trolling with your bigoted and sub-moronic posts. You seem entirely sincere.
You got that wrong too; I'm only trolling a bigoted, self-centered, condescending, narcissistic sub-moron who is entirely sincere in his belief that he is never wrong, and of that, I am entirely sincere. Does that make you feel better? It should.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

(Denial of reality snipped)

Well, I suppose the forum keeps Seth from standing on the street corner screaming at passing traffic...

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

rstrong wrote:(Denial of reality snipped)

Well, I suppose the forum keeps Seth from standing on the street corner screaming at passing traffic...
Yeah, lots of traffic out here in the boonies. Finding that corner is a real bitch. What's traffic by the way?
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:SpaceX. Wow.
SpaceX will attempt to launch a satellite tonight using a reused first stage. The launch windows opens at 6pm EST. You can watch it live here.

Blue Origin's reusable sub-orbital hopper New Shepard just won the Collier Trophy for 2016, a prestigious aeronautics award. They've also just built their first BE-4 engines for their New Glenn rocket. That's a heavy-lift launcher with a reusable first stage, much like SpaceX's Falson 9. But larger, competing with the Falcon 9 Heavy.

Update: The launch window opens at 6:27pm EDT

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

T-4 minutes....

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

First stage has landed. The first ever reuse of an orbital rocket stage. The second stage is coasting for a few minutes before its second burn.

The first state has nine engines; the second stage only one. So you get the stage and 9 out of 10 engines back for reuse. This'll make launches significantly cheaper, which will increase the number of launches, which will make launches cheaper...

No other country can do this. And it's not America's only reusable rocket program let alone its only space program.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

SES-10 deployed!

The European satellite will provide communications to Central and South America.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

That's an amazing engineering feat.

:-|| :clap: :clap: :clap:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:03 pm
Riverside students witness science projects aboard SpaceX capsule launch to ISS
That'd be that "worst. generation. ever." not reaching for the stars right there.
SpaceX just sent TWO rockets into orbit in one weekend, one from each coast. That would be damned impressive by itself. But it also landed and recovered both first stages. And one of them was already reused from an earlier launch.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

rstrong wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:14 am
. . . But it also landed and recovered both first stages. And one of them was already reused from an earlier launch.
That is easily the most impressive part. To me, anyhow.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.