The Most Honest 3 Minutes in Television

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Most Honest 3 Minutes in Television

Unread post by Seth Milner »

O Really wrote:Whitewater and Vince, Seth? Seriously?
Republicans dug into those for years, and what did they come up with that Hillary did? That would be nada, zip.
That would be nada, zip re: Benghazi and emails too.
Not to mention a mysterious meeting on an airport tarmac that was just to say "hello" and "how are you doin'?"
Yep, that would be nada, zip.
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

That would be correct, Seth.
Nothing remotely "crooked" has ever been found about Benghazi, despite millions spent and months used trying to do so. One may criticize the way it was handled, or possibly decisions made, but there was nothing crooked. Same with the emails. Sure, setting up her own server was not the right thing to do, and seems to have violated some process regulations, and she has been officially pronounced "careless" with it. But unless "crooked" has a different definition from any I've seen, none of that is "crooked." I think you've been buying into the propaganda and not digging to the facts, maybe.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Seth Milner wrote:
O Really wrote:Whitewater and Vince, Seth? Seriously?
Republicans dug into those for years, and what did they come up with that Hillary did? That would be nada, zip.
That would be nada, zip re: Benghazi and emails too.
Not to mention a mysterious meeting on an airport tarmac that was just to say "hello" and "how are you doin'?"
Yep, that would be nada, zip.
Seth, do you really think Bill would not have set up a secret meeting if needed. Out in the open at an airport ?sure thing seth
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

That airport tarmac meeting was stupid, whether or not it was nefarious.

"crooked" is Seth Milner obediently parroting Trump, as rstrong often points out that he does with other RWNJs.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:That airport tarmac meeting was stupid, whether or not it was nefarious.

"crooked" is Seth Milner obediently parroting Trump, as rstrong often points out that he does with other RWNJs.

agreed that it was a stupid move, but that lends weight to it being no more than a spur of the moment "wow, there is someone I know, I better go talk to them" bill clinton
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

It does, but one could also make the argument that smart Bill would only do something so stupid if there was some nefarious gain to be had. I don't know or care. Leaving something so important to a happenstance meeting seems unlikely, I don't see James Comey risking his reputation by falsely claiming that he wasn't influenced by the AG, he made a reasonable case for no charges, and the scathing still gives the Trumpettes plenty of ammo.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Crooked:

not straight; dishonest or immoral or evasive

deceptive or fraudulent; disposed to cheat or defraud or deceive

contrary to rule or accepted order or general practice

characterization of honesty and fairness; "straight dealing"; "a square deal"

contrary to or prohibited by or defiant of law; "unlawful measures"; "unlawful money"

marked by dishonesty, especially in matters of public trust

Take your choice
Vrede too wrote: "crooked" is Seth Milner obediently parroting Trump, as rstrong often points out that he does with other RWNJs.
Considering the sources and mentalities of these two, something about a grain of salt and a ;) comes to mind.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Seth Milner wrote:contrary to rule or accepted order or general practice
Again, sure. But again, when compared to almost any alternative, she's LESS crooked. Less crooked than any candidate in the last two Republican clown cars. Less crooked than the previous Republican administration.

Heck, compare her just to previous secretaries of state: Condoleezza Rice who helped turn America into a torture state, and before that had a Chevron supertanker named after her for her work as a government lobbyist. Colin Powell who lied to the country to drag it into a 10-year war on false pretenses. And who also used a private mail server.
You mentioned "Benghazi and emails too."

Except that Hillary has been cleared of wrongdoing by multiple investigations, most run by Republicans. The Republican mythology on the subject - from the claim of a "stand-down order" to the claim that Hillary denied it was terrorism - are pure partisan BS.

For the "accepted order or general practice" on such things, during the previous Republican administration there were at least 13 Benghazis killing 60 people. (The main reason Politifact rates this only "Mostly True" is that by their reckoning the number is higher.)

Benghazi-like claims of incompetence, stand-down orders and cover-ups can be applied with equal credibility to every one of those attacks. The difference is that Democrats weren't as shameless about exploiting those deaths as Republicans.

As for emails, the previous Republican administration ran most of its mail through Republican Party servers rather than those at the White House. Jeb! ran his own server. Hillary's predecessor Colin Powell used private email. Some in Congress proudly claim that they "don't use email" - but instead have their aides to their emailing for them through private accounts to avoid FOIA laws. Say what you will, but Hillary was following the "accepted order or general practice."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

My original post in this thread notwithstanding, I hope no-one mentions to Donald Trump that America has now gone through the longest period in its history without adding a new state. That would be troublemaking.

:shock:

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

rstrong wrote:
. . . when compared to almost any alternative, she's LESS crooked . . . Less crooked than any candidate . . .
When compared to current alternative, I'd vote for her before I would Trump. I was only voicing a personal opinion drawn on personal experiences.

My original post in this thread notwithstanding, I hope no-one mentions to Donald Trump that America has now gone through the longest period in its history without adding a new state. That would be troublemaking.
What happened to the other 7 states that Obama visited when he was campaigning? :-0?>

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote: "crooked" is Seth Milner obediently parroting Trump, as rstrong often points out . . .
Who cranked up the music this time? (Vrede parroting rstrong)

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Next SpaceX launch in 30 minutes. Watch live - either the hosted webcast or the technical webcast - here.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

This flight will be launching JCSAT-16 - a communications satellite serving the Japanese market - to geostationary orbit.

They'll attempt to land the first stage on the Autonomous drone ship "Of Course I Still Love You." It's a lot harder to land after a launch to geostationary orbit, but they managed it with the nearly identical JCSAT-14 launch in May.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Live coverage just started.
Launch is planned for 1:26 ET.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

"We're channelling our inner Simone Biles, and hoping to stick the landing."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

First stage burn complete, second stage burn started.
Entry burn on the first stage will start in a couple minutes.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

First stage has landed successfully! On a tail of fire the way God and Heinlein intended!

Second stage is in orbit, coasting in low orbit until being re-lit to boost into Geostationary Transfer Orbit.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Second stage's second burn complete. Satellite deployed!

The satellite will still have to do its own burn to circularize its orbit, deploy its solar panels and antennas, etc., but SpaceX's mission was a complete success.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

SpaceX Dragon Splashes Down with Crucial NASA Research Samples

....after delivering the first of two docking adapters for NASA's Commercial Crew Program, along with 5,000 pounds of supplies and scientific cargo on the company’s ninth commercial resupply mission to the station.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

rstrong wrote: Next SpaceX launch in 30 minutes...

This flight will be launching JCSAT-16...

Launch is planned for 1:26 ET...

First stage burn complete, second stage burn started...
Entry burn on the first stage will start in a couple minutes...

Second stage's second burn complete. Satellite deployed!...

SpaceX Dragon Splashes Down with Crucial NASA Research Samples...
The answer to why rstrong is "spaced out". His mind's in orbit.