Immigration

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Oliver!
Red Shirt

Re: Immigration

Unread post by Oliver! »

"It wasn't the undocumented aliens whose rights were violated. It was the rights of legal Hispanics that he trampled on in the hopes of finding an illegal. As to the direct answer to the question, however... Yes."

Thanks for the link. In the link it said "It is against federal law for an employer to hire an undocumented immigrant." I knew that part, but didn't know that illegals have pretty much the same constitutional rights as natural citizens; the basis for my question.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Oliver! wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:35 pm
... the basis for my question.
Only partly. The rest of the basis for your question was the assumption that the only people impacted were "undocumented aliens" when, as anyone that's been paying attention knows, Arpaio's bigotry was imposed on thousands of Americans and legal residents solely because they're brown.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:36 am
Oliver! wrote:
Only partly. The rest of the basis for your question was the assumption that the only people impacted were "undocumented aliens" when, as anyone that's been paying attention knows, Arpaio's bigotry was imposed on thousands of Americans and legal residents solely because they're brown.
His feelies trump all facts; otherwise they can't persist pushing the same old debunked lies.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

bannination wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:24 pm
Oliver! wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:34 pm
"Federal prosecutors secured a criminal contempt conviction against Arpaio after it was proven his office profiled and illegally detained Latinos, violating their constitutional rights."

Do undocumented aliens have constitutional rights?
I thought he was in trouble for profiling, not violating their rights.
As was I. The comment I posted above was a copy and paste of a line taken from Vrede too's ACLU petition he/she posted.
I'm beginning to feel like a fresh piece of meat that just entered a zombie compound.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"fresh" :lol: :lol: :lol: Try old moldy and bitter jerky.

You lie and whine again, perpetual victim. No one has even mentioned the first sentence which is indeed from my petition link and which you've now deceptively altered to include quotation marks that you didn't post originally. Rather, the entire discussion is about your question, which is unrelated to my petition link.
Stop Trump from pardoning Joe Arpaio

Joe Arpaio is a criminal. A few weeks ago, he was found guilty by a federal court for repeatedly violating a court order to stop illegally detaining Latinos.

Yet President Donald Trump is “seriously considering” pardoning Joe Arpaio, saying: “He’s a great American patriot and I hate to see what has happened to him.”

As Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona, Arpaio and his deputies systematically terrorized communities of color with unlawful detentions.

Federal prosecutors secured a criminal contempt conviction against Arpaio after it was proven his office profiled and illegally detained Latinos, violating their constitutional rights.

A pardon by Trump would absolve Arpaio’s flagrant violation of federal court orders and his racism and bigotry.

Tell President Trump’s counsel Don McGahn: Do NOT pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

To White House Counsel and Assistant to the President Don McGahn:

Don’t let the White House make an official endorsement of racism. Prove that President Trump is willing to stand up to racism and bigotry: stop him from pardoning Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
Yep, no "undocumented aliens" there at all.

This is all about your not recognizing that thousands of Americans and legal residents were harmed by Arpaio's bigotry for the "crime" of being brown, getting called out on it and now desperately trying to deflect away.

You also deceptively removed the question mark from banni's post and replaced it with a period, sleazeball. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that banni knows that illegal profiling is a rights violation and that the question mark indicates a mocking of how goofy your question was.
bannination wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:24 pm
I thought he was in trouble for profiling, not violating their rights?

To answer your question though, I think the answer is "it's complicated". https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfish ... 18a50b4f1d

FTA:
In U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark, an 1898 decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the term “person” under the Fifth Amendment applied to aliens living in the U.S. In Fong Yue Ting v. U.S.,the court held that Chinese laborers, “like all other aliens residing in the United States,” are entitled to protection of the laws.
1312. ETTD.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

bannination wrote:
I thought he was in trouble for profiling, not violating their rights?

The removal of the question mark was not intentional. I'm guessing by your assumptions than bannination is a sleazeball too because he asked a simple question that he wasn't sure of the answer?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

No, moron, I'm guessing that banni was mocking how dumb your question was, as I said. Nothing sleazy about that if I'm correct or if I'm wrong, but I get how desperate you are to deflect from your own sleaze.

How does someone unintentionally put quotation marks that weren't there into their own post, claim that "undocumented aliens" came from my link when it didn't, and replace a question mark with a period when quoting someone else? This should be good.
1312. ETTD.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

I've got the quote feature working for me now!
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:36 am
Oliver! wrote:
I wasn't assuming anything. I asked if undocumented aliens had constitutional rights. bannination wrote: I thought he was in trouble for profiling, not violating their rights? You're using the word assuming means you are attempting to speak for me by writing words that are not mine.
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:52 am
You lie and whine again, perpetual victim. No one has even mentioned the first sentence which is indeed from my petition link and which you've now deceptively altered to include quotation marks that you didn't post originally. Rather, the entire discussion is about your question, which is unrelated to my petition link.
I told you, and you made a big whiny issue of it that that was unintentional. This forum's icons layout is different from any others I've used. In attempting to post a quote, I accidentally deleted part of the sentence I had copied and pasted, along with bannination's quote. I added the quotations to separate the two postings, retyped his quote, and added a period instead of the question mark. Is that easy enough to understand? Did those changes really make a difference so vast that it sent you into a ballistic frenzy?

Vrede too wrote:
Yep, no "undocumented aliens" there at all.
Are you daft? Those are my words. You'll find them in my original question. Your link didn't specify legal or illegal aliens, nor did it say anything about "undocumented aliens". I assumed it meant illegal aliens. Arpaio was famous for his defiance of the government's ban on rounding up illegal aliens. That was the basis of my question. Understand now? Or are you going to tell me again what I really mean?
Vrede too wrote:
This is all about your not recognizing that thousands of Americans and legal residents were harmed by Arpaio's bigotry for the "crime" of being brown, getting called out on it and now desperately trying to deflect away
You made your point already! You've told me what I really meant to say. You're the first real mind reader I've ever met! (I'm not running from anything.)
Vrede too wrote:
You also deceptively removed the question mark from banni's post and replaced it with a period, sleazeball. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that banni knows that illegal profiling is a rights violation and that the question mark indicates a mocking of how goofy your question was.
I explained my error above. You've sure got one short fuse, don't you? :lol: You enjoy pointing out other's miscues, but go absolutely ballistic if anyone points out yours. Do you secretly KKK/Nazi much? Sounds like it.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:22 am
No, moron, I'm guessing that banni was mocking how dumb your question was, as I said. Nothing sleazy about that if I'm correct or if I'm wrong, but I get how desperate you are to deflect from your own sleaze.

How does someone unintentionally put quotation marks that weren't there into their own post, claim that "undocumented aliens" came from my link when it didn't, and replace a question mark with a period when quoting someone else? This should be good.
Hey moron, I didn't claim that "undocumented aliens" came from your link. A dose of ExLax will make those quotation marks and period go away.
Let us know how it turns out; without going into graphic detail.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
... This should be good.
No longer interested. :sleepy:
1312. ETTD.

Oliver!
Red Shirt

Unread post by Oliver! »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:32 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... This should be good.
No longer interested. :sleepy:
Thanks. Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

I see 45 didn't cancel the Arizona event. Guess he needs an injection of adulation.

http://www.12news.com/news/politics/joe ... /466233743
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

As Hurricane Approached, ICE Left Immigrant Women and Children Stranded at a Bus Station

Granted their earlier incarnation, the INS, farmed out interrogation to torture states. So no surprise is warranted.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Good thing there are "real Christians" and others, unlike the Christians in ICE and other Christian bigots.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

http://abc13.com/witness-explosion-rock ... n/2350911/

Damn them legal aid people, all they do is help the illegals.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:15 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:08 am
is there anything planned for DC on labor day? I haven't stood in front of the WH and flipped off the president since 2004.
You linked the only thing I've heard of so far. Will you be in DC? I'll post if I hear of something.
DC and local Defend DACA actions 9/5-8
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hurricanes are sent to rain destruction upon us for defying the will of God. Two massive hurricanes within weeks of one another just so happened to strike during Trump's first year as president.

What could God be trying to tell us?

God must be telling us that we need to work harder to undo Obama's legacy, that's what. MAGA.
Then, there's Tropical Storm, eventually Hurricane, Jose. However, it doesn't look like it will reach mainland US. Damn, that Wall is good! MAGA.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

CBC: Canada should welcome up to 30,000 DACA young people facing deportation in U.S., senator says
'This is America's loss but it could be Canada's gain,' says Ontario Sen. Ratna Omidvar
"These individuals are low-hanging fruit for us," Omidvar told host Rosemary Barton. "They speak fluent English, they've been educated in the U.S., most of them have been to college or university, some of them have work experience. They understand the North American working culture."

"On top of that, in order to qualify to be a 'Dreamer' you have to have biometrics testing, you have to have a criminality check. So this is America's loss but it could be Canada's gain."
Agreed.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.