The Music Thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
JTA
Commander

Re: The Music Thread

Unread post by JTA »

Yo...

I've been going through a hip hop renaissance as of late. Any of you peoples use spotify?
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

WHHHAAATTT!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

http://www.factmag.com/2016/08/19/a-tri ... new-album/

I can die a happy man now (but not before this album comes out)

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I don't typically like gangsta rap, but I make an exception for Eazy-E because he's such a huge POS. Fathered like twelve kids from many different women, died of aids. His lyrics are terrible. But that's what makes them so great.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I don't drink brass monkey, like the big funky, nickname's eazy-e YO eight ball junky!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Sweet. I have never heard of a harp/guitar combo before. Pink Floyd is still my all-time favorite rock band.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Just watched The Dave Clark Five -- Glad All Over on PBS.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/the-dave- ... film/2055/
http://www.pbs.org/video/2365217224/

Much more interesting than I though it would be. I grew thinking that they and the Beatles were kinda bubblegum, even while I still was. I was into Motown and then post-Woodstock rock and roll. I later came to appreciate the early Beatles, but that never happened for me with The Dave Clark Five. Now, I get it.

Last edited by Vrede too on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

I'm too lazy to post it at this am. But check out T.Rex "Life's a Gas".

Cuz that's my shit.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The t-rex was much better, IMNVHO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjiNROf_U4Y

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Best analysis ever:

http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858799315/
This is perhaps the most retarded song I have ever heard. Literally every "miracle" in the song can easily be explained by anyone who managed to graduate high school... which I'm guessing ICP never did. Let's break it down, shall we:

"I fed a fish to a pelican at (Friscal?) bay/It tried to eat my cell phone, he ran away"

I'm sorry, but even the stupidest individual can see that this is NOT a miracle. It's a fucking pelican. They eat shit.
Haha shit.
In conclusion, Insane Clown Posse is composed of fucking retards. Also, this song sucks and is terrible music. Listen to something better please.
Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?

Magic everywhere in this bitch.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Why didn't the pelican fly away and who can't catch a running pelican?

I go blind sometimes (you can guess why). Then, I touch a spot on the wall, usually near the doorway, and I can see again. Miracles.
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Here's a video that'll take your minds off all the political crap, police shootings, homosexual likes and dislikes, yada, yada. .

HIGHLY ANTICIPATED VIDEO FOR ‘FOREVER COUNTRY’ RELEASED

"Forever Country", the new song that is being called "country music's most epic mashup," was released earlier this week, but fans were left hanging as they waited for the song's video. Thankfully, the wait is over!

The collaboration created in celebration of “The 50th Annual CMA Awards" features 30 CMA Award-winning acts including Alabama, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Brett Eldredge, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, Alan Jackson, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Tim McGraw, Ronnie Milsap, Kacey Musgraves, Brad Paisley, Charley Pride, Rascal Flatts, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Randy Travis, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood. The star-studded group performs a mashup of John Denver’s “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You,” and Willie Nelson’s “On the Road Again.”
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Seth Milner wrote:Here's a video that'll take your minds off all the political crap, police shootings, homosexual likes and dislikes, yada, yada. .

HIGHLY ANTICIPATED VIDEO FOR ‘FOREVER COUNTRY’ RELEASED

"Forever Country", the new song that is being called "country music's most epic mashup," was released earlier this week, but fans were left hanging as they waited for the song's video. Thankfully, the wait is over!

The collaboration created in celebration of “The 50th Annual CMA Awards" features 30 CMA Award-winning acts including Alabama, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Brett Eldredge, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, Alan Jackson, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Tim McGraw, Ronnie Milsap, Kacey Musgraves, Brad Paisley, Charley Pride, Rascal Flatts, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Randy Travis, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood. The star-studded group performs a mashup of John Denver’s “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You,” and Willie Nelson’s “On the Road Again.”

Years ago I worked at Opryland and saw Dolly pretty often during the off season. They would give us tickets or let us off work to attend performances that were to be recorded

Text Ritter's widow had been given a job as kind of a hostess and would give me a gingersnap every time I went to the auditorium for anything.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's relatively easy to do because country music is all the same song. :P
1312. ETTD.

Seth Milner
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Seth Milner »

Vrede too wrote:It's relatively easy to do because country music is all the same song. :P
Just like your posts! :lol: :lol:

You can understand the words in country music, despite most of this crap they're caterwauling about today isn't country music!
Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Seth Milner wrote:
Vrede too wrote:It's relatively easy to do because country music is all the same song. :P
Just like your posts! :lol: :lol:

You can understand the words in country music, despite most of this crap they're caterwauling about today isn't country music!

He doesn'tknow what he's missing. I've listened to old time and bluegrass all of my life and with the exceptions of WSM in Nashville and npr everywhere, but I've never heard good country on any (dare I say it-yeah) lsm radio station.

Vredi, give the Punch Brothers, or from same group Chris Thile - try his work with yo yo ma
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:Just watched The Dave Clark Five -- Glad All Over on PBS.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/the-dave- ... film/2055/
http://www.pbs.org/video/2365217224/

Much more interesting than I though it would be. I grew thinking that they and the Beatles were kinda bubblegum, even while I still was. I was into Motown and then post-Woodstock rock and roll. I later came to appreciate the early Beatles, but that never happened for me with The Dave Clark Five. Now, I get it.

Heh, I saw that show not long ago. I liked DC5 back when they first appeared. But for about a year or so I also liked Paul Revere and the Raiders :shock:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I wasn't including old time and bluegrass. I used to go to the Oldtime Fiddler's Convention in Galax, VA every year when I was a teen. I was exaggerating, anyhow. I can still appreciate The Highwaymen, together or solo, Lorretta Lynn, k.d. lang and a few others. As you say about most of the modern country featured on the video, it ain't good, and I don't find the words worth understanding.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Hope you weren't a monkeys fan

edit , to neoplacebo

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I used to watch The Monkees show as a tween, but more for the goofiness than the music. That said, some of their tunes have held up rather well, at least as far as pop schlock goes. Teen & young adult me never would have given them that much credit.
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1312. ETTD.