Just for Fun

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Just for Fun

Unread post by O Really »

I didn't know there were so many places left in the US with no internet. I've never had problems is SW Florida, but apparently Seth has no service (even before the hurricane) in Everglades City. Homerfobe never seemed to be able to find service anytime he left WNC. And now it looks like Leo didn't have service in Arizona. AZ likely does have some dead spots, but I've been to/through most of the places people live, and never had a problem. I guess I just have better gear than those guys.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 pm
What happened to the forum? Looks like everybody died, retired, moved away, or something....
People leave for a variety of reasons and we've never had a mechanism for recruiting new members since BRN commenting shut down. I'm surprised we've lasted this long, over 5 years now which is longer than I was on BRN. Mr.B's pitiful multiple handles infused some liveliness before he went completely over the edge and started stalking and making impotent real world threats.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:54 pm
That jokes older than dirt. Whats with the too in your name? Don't tell me there's more than one of you! Oh, btw, Hi! Did you miss me? Probably not.

This one is even older, it has even been posted on this very thread before and everyone here has probably already heard it, but it tickles me every time I think about it.

Mahatma Gandhi walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail, and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him a...super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."

"Even though the sound of it
Is something quite atrocious
If you say it loud enough
You'll always sound precocious"
He was worse to look at. :toothy:

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:39 am
At least as ancient, but still funny in the same vein...
Roy Rogers bought a new pair of boots (I said it was ancient). He woke up one morning to find them chewed up by some animal. Wife Dale saw one of the barn cats with a boot remnant and asked, "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

Bada Boom.
-0-? :?: -0-?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 am
I didn't know there were so many places left in the US with no internet. I've never had problems is SW Florida, but apparently Seth has no service (even before the hurricane) in Everglades City. Homerfobe never seemed to be able to find service anytime he left WNC. And now it looks like Leo didn't have service in Arizona. AZ likely does have some dead spots, but I've been to/through most of the places people live, and never had a problem. I guess I just have better gear than those guys.
I guess they have service in AZ, but I moved to Montana and lost interest in computing other than paying bills or just reading articles. I guess the others you mentioned might have lost interest too. I'm staying with relatives for a bit in the East, and just for kicks & giggles, I pulled out my old Windows 7 laptop and charged it up. I found my old BRD forum name was still on the members roll, so I decided what the hell, I'll give it a shot, and the rest is history.
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:43 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
What happened to the forum? Looks like everybody died, retired, moved away, or something....
People leave for a variety of reasons and we've never had a mechanism for recruiting new members since BRN commenting shut down. I'm surprised we've lasted this long, over 5 years now which is longer than I was on BRN. Mr.B's pitiful multiple handles infused some liveliness before he went completely over the edge and started stalking and making impotent real world threats.
I'd venture to guess that those who are left here are as I said, running the same thought train on the same track, meaning of course that you all are of the same frame of mind and opinions. Anyone expressing differing opinions invariably garner insulting and taunting comments. Therefore, people leave, use varying handles, or threaten for a variety of reasons. I remember Stinger and Ombudsman very well. Remember Lyin' Leo? :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:24 pm
O Really wrote:
Roy Rogers bought a new pair of boots (I said it was ancient). He woke up one morning to find them chewed up by some animal. Wife Dale saw one of the barn cats with a boot remnant and asked, "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?"

Bada Boom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdrYYUuT07Q
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:24 pm
O Really wrote:

Bada Boom.

Think Chattanooga
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Leo Lyons wrote:
What happened to the forum? Looks like everybody died, retired, moved away, or something. There's no variety in the threads, all (4, 5, or 6) personalities that are left are riding the same thought train on the same track! I should never have left. Y'all just can't be trusted to keep a ship in good order. :yawn:
You bet, we're riding the same train. All are welcome. However, homophobes, bigots, those who believe 45 is god's anointed one, well, there is no mercy. While I tend to post in spurts, I do keep up, and I appreciate this group who are as disgusted as I, when I wake up every morning, that the Toxic Narcissist is still president.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's an uncensored, anonymous internet forum. Everyone gets insulted and taunted in them. They left because they couldn't hack being routinely shamed on facts and logic.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

k9nanny wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:44 pm
You bet, we're riding the same train. All are welcome. However, homophobes, bigots, those who believe 45 is god's anointed one, well, there is no mercy. While I tend to post in spurts, I do keep up, and I appreciate this group who are as disgusted as I, when I wake up every morning, that the Toxic Narcissist is still president.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 pm
Think Chattanooga
Got it! The chew-chew train. I can't believe I let that one slip by me!
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:59 pm
It's an uncensored, anonymous internet forum. Everyone gets insulted and taunted in them. They left because they couldn't hack being routinely shamed on facts and logic.
If I recall correctly, Stinger & Ombudsman were y'all's forum buds. Couldn't they hack it here?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:37 pm
but I moved to Montana
My doctor in AZ told me I ought to buy some lots and settle down where it's quiet and peaceful, so I did.

(btw, this new forum set up you have takes some getting used to, don't it!)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:05 pm
If I recall correctly, Stinger & Ombudsman were y'all's forum buds. Couldn't they hack it here?
As I posted, "People leave for a variety of reasons". I don't think Stinger or Ombudsman said why they left. Maybe it wasn't as rewarding without being able to insult and taunt you, or being insulted and taunted by you. They would probably be pleased to know that they're still camped out in your head 4 years later, maybe they're lurking.
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

In reality I think they would be pissed if they knew they were nothing more than a fart in a whirlwind until the memory of them was rekindled when I read some of my past posts to see if anything I had previously posted was worth rehashing. Camped out in my head? I've not heard that one before. They wouldn't find a home in there; I'm having a tough enough time keeping the developers out now.

O Really
Admiral

Lady O and I were through Montana a couple of times this summer. Overall, it was pretty nice other than the bone-shaking construction on 212, Sunday afternoon at WalMart in Butte getting tow car fixed, the heavy smoke at Seeley Lake, Disney-worthy crowds at Glacier and encroaching fires chasing us out of the campground. Nice place to visit, but we didn't find any reason why anyone would live there. Missoula is supposed to be nice, but we didn't stay there long enough to find out.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Hi O, it's been a while! I'm not familiar with Hwy 212, but I think I may have been on it before. Missoula ain't too bad once you learn to get around and know where to hang. I live just a bit south of the Canadian border a few miles off MT Hwy191, well out in the middle of nowhere and a good bit from Missoula. That being said, I guess beauty is where you find it. If you're the type that likes bright lights, traffic, and the convenience of hopping in the car and running down to Walmart for a loaf of bread or whatever, anything in Montana east of I-15 ain't going to do anything for you. I'm at least 2 hours from the closest Walmart or anything that comes close to resembling a chain store. I like the wide open space, the quiet, fishing, hunting, and the privacy. It's not a place for everybody. Oh yeah, you ought to see the sky at night! Big Sky Country!

O Really
Admiral

"Night Sky Live Wallpaper" Screenshot 1.
Definitely big sky. Maybe Montana. Definitely not from your back yard.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Right. It's not my backyard. I don't have any photos of my own. This is a Google search; it's supposed to be Montana, but mostly I used it as an example of what our night sky looks like. I wasn't trying to pull anything over on you'ns.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

k9nanny wrote:
those who believe 45 is god's anointed one,
If those who believe that would read the Book they thump so rabidly, the passage that says God is not a respecter of man would give them a wake up call.

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:06 pm
k9nanny wrote:
those who believe 45 is god's anointed one,
If those who believe that would read the Book they thump so rabidly, the passage that says God is not a respecter of man would give them a wake up call.
From its Facebook page.
Our present was given to us very early Mr. President when you were elected. This is our 1st Christmas under your administration: DIVINE GUIDANCE at its most magnificent manifestation: MERRY CHRISTMAS MR. PRESIDENT![/ quote]
Se Non Ora, Quando?