The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Leo Lyons
Ensign

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:53 am
Leo Lyons throwing a paranoid accusatory fit, me explaining in detail why he's full of shit as far as my being responsible. That said, it hasn't made me upset. It's just curious to me, and I've been entertained by Leo Lyons's ranting. If I had the skills and amorality I think I would come up with something more mischievous, but I doubt that I'd find it worthwhile to mess with our inconsequential group.
The skills you already possess aren't exactly enviable; becoming a bigger asshole is not a subject found in "How to Win Friends and Influence People"

Might a butthurt CPFer have the skills?
I wondered about one of the formerly active members that was also a moderator, but s/he would still need to avoid getting logged, something I never knew how to do.
Is a random program glitch a possibility?
Might one of us be doing this with an inadvertent action, something haywire in their specific setup?
Does Leo Lyons have the skills and tried to use them to attack me but it backfired on him miserably? That would take a unique simultaneous mixture of smart and stupid.
I have some classified and unique skills with computers, but "attacking" the poor, paranoid, little Vrede's of the forums world is not in my interests. You bring the shit you suffer upon yourself due to your own "unique simultaneous mixture of smart and stupid."

Of course, there are 3 other possibilities:
It's all me, and I'm even lying to banni and wasting his time;
You're too kind to yourself

banni and I are conspiring and don't care that we're lying to everyone, not just Leo Lyons;
Why are you blaming banni?

We are all conspiring against Leo Lyons (as if he matters enough to bother with so elaborately). Is that gaslighting and have we been successful at it? :twisted:
You, not 'we', are successful at gasbagging; you're a blivet, 10 pounds of bull*hit in a 5 pound bag. :lol:

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

I'm trying to lock down the permissions back closer to default. PHPBB3's permission system is nuts. It doesn't look like anyone could have caused it. Maybe it is a glitch. We're a version behind, but the release notes for the next version don't include any security fixes, or anything really interesting at all so I've not been in a rush to update.

Going to reboot the server in a few minutes just to cover the bases.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

bannination wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:05 pm
I'm trying to lock down the permissions back closer to default. PHPBB3's permission system is nuts. It doesn't look like anyone could have caused it. Maybe it is a glitch. We're a version behind, but the release notes for the next version don't include any security fixes, or anything really interesting at all so I've not been in a rush to update.

Going to reboot the server in a few minutes just to cover the bases.
Cool avatar.

Guess we won't know whether it works since this is so rare.

Someone please let me know if the paranoid idiot crybaby ever grows a pair and admits he was wrong.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:53 pm
Someone please let me know of the paranoid idiot crybaby ever grows a pair and admits he was wrong.
I admitted I was wrong, but still, I'll let you you know of the paranoid idiot crybaby--- you read my post on the last page and you know what I said! :lol: :shock:

Do you really think the others are so stupid they don't know you read everything posted in this forum? You're not about to let anyone get one up on you, it's your nature. :lol: You don't "quote" my posts, big deal; what's that supposed to do? Hurt my feelings or something?

Life's too short to watch a gasbag whine about someone "attacking" his poor butthurt ego. :toothy: :oII

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 pm
I admitted I was wrong.
Paraphrasing because there was a lot of whining after it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

bannination wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:44 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:07 pm
I admitted I was wrong.
Paraphrasing because there was a lot of whining after it.
Someone please let me know if the paranoid idiot crybaby ever grows a pair and admits he was wrong without any whining.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Back to bigot cops:
Before he is ousted, Sessions limits U.S. oversight of local police

The U.S. Department of Justice has moved to sharply curtail federal authority aimed at curtailing abuse and civil rights violations at local police departments across the country by directing U.S. attorneys to limit the use of consent decrees and settlement agreements.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, in one of his final acts before President Donald Trump ousted him, said the Justice Department could investigate alleged legal violations but that "special caution" was required before resolving any disputes with states or local entities, the department said late Thursday.

Sessions has long opposed consent decrees between the Justice Department and police departments in cities such as Chicago and Baltimore to institute reforms, which were heavily utilized in the Obama administration, and sought to delay or overturn them.

Sessions had ordered a sweeping review of the decrees nationwide, alarming civil rights advocates who saw them as ways to address alleged unlawful police stops, excessive force and other violations, especially toward blacks and other minorities.

Advocates criticized Sessions' departing order, saying the new procedures will make it more difficult to ensure that law enforcement and other entities such as schools and companies uphold an individual's constitutional rights....
Looks like it's up to lawsuits, courageous (career suicidal?) local pols and pissed off citizens like me. The DoJ will NOT be on the side of victimized Americans.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Family of (black) security guard killed by Midlothian police officer sues over alleged 'unprovoked' shooting

Another article says that the security guard shot the shooter before tackling and detaining one of his friends. We may need a new category - Being a Hero while Black.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Cop Sued For Bogus Arrest Of Man Who Broke Up The PD's Distracted Driving Sting
from the local-man-arrested-for-making-streets-safer dept

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:57 pm
ThinkProgress: Indiana police officers charged with battery after beating handcuffed man on video.
https://thinkprogress.org/indiana-polic ... 988f02a71/

And some wonder why they are called pigs

Two men simultaneously beat the handcuffed man in the face.

Two others casually watch

A 5th is close by in the hall, but accepts the noise if the beating as normal.

5 out of 5 and toss in the chief trying to hide this abuse and,

It's all just part of everyday pig culture.
‘If you don’t get at that rot, you just get more officers like Josh Hastings’
The Little Rock police shooting of 15-year-old Bobby Moore revealed a horror show of misconduct, cover-up and cascading institutional failure at the department.

... But Hastings’s story isn’t one of a rogue, aberrant cop so much as a glimpse into the police culture of Arkansas’s largest city. Disturbing as Hastings’s disciplinary record may be, other officers in the department have even thicker personnel files. In fact, many of the very officers who trained and supervised Hastings have had lengthy histories of misconduct — including domestic violence, lying, and the use of excessive force.

A review of LRPD personnel records, emails and court cases dating back to Hastings’s hiring in March 2007 suggests a department plagued by nepotism, cronyism and racism — both blatant and subtle. Internal investigations of officer misconduct can be sloppy and incomplete, and are often haphazardly conducted by officers with clear conflicts of interest. There appears to be little supervision at any level, whether by sergeants over beat cops, the high command over supervising officers, or city and elected officials over the department’s leadership. When officers have been fired — and it takes a lot to get fired — they are often able to appeal and win back their jobs, either in court or through the city’s Civil Service Commission, usually with the help of the police union.

“The sheer number of misconduct allegations against some of these officers is staggering,” said Chiraag Bains, former senior counsel for the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. Bains, who is now a visiting fellow at Harvard’s Criminal Justice Policy Program and is now director of legal strategies for the reform group Demos, co-wrote the Justice Department’s report on policing in Ferguson, Mo. I asked him to look over and comment on my reporting from Little Rock. “Assuming these allegations are true, there’s a lot here that’s deeply disturbing. The lack of discipline and accountability is almost comical. And it appears to be a diverse array of misconduct, not just excessive force or shootings,” he said.

The Josh Hastings story, then, is also one of cascading institutional failure....
You get called a 'pig' if you live in a sty.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:43 pm
Family of (black) security guard killed by Midlothian police officer sues over alleged 'unprovoked' shooting

Another article says that the security guard shot the shooter before tackling and detaining one of his friends. We may need a new category - Being a Hero while Black.
Illinois mindset: "But, but, but...Chief! It was a n****r with a gun! Idiot.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Video: Oregon Car Burglary Suspect Gets Run Over by His Own Vehicle During Police Chase

A suspected car burglar was left with a broken leg this week after being run over by the vehicle he abandoned during a high-speed chase, Oregon police said....

Gellatly bailed out the driver’s side door but was quickly pinned down after attempting to cut in front of the moving vehicle, which continued to roll because he had failed to put it into park. With his lower leg pinned under the wheel, deputies had to use a car jack to lift the car....
I'll bet there was a lot of pointing, picture taking and laughing while that was going on, and who knows how many cops and medics checking out the dashcam video.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Alabama cops shoot wrong guy as mall shooter...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 0d409a6be0

B-b-but he was a running n****r with a gun...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:50 pm
Alabama cops shoot wrong guy as mall shooter...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 0d409a6be0

B-b-but he was a running n****r with a gun...
"Bradford did have a license to carry a concealed gun"

Silly, O Really, there ain't no such thing as a good n****r with a gun.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Cops finally issued a statement about the shooting.
"Opps."

O Really
Admiral

May be a while before we know the truth - if ever - and it's entirely possible that Bradford was involved in the "altercation" and the fact that he wasn't the one to shoot anybody was just a matter of luck in the instance. Or...it's also entirely possible that he was trying to do just what the NRA people are always praising - "good guy with a gun...."

But I'm thinking most of the "outlaws" with guns don't have concealed weapons permits.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:54 pm
May be a while before we know the truth - if ever - and it's entirely possible that Bradford was involved in the "altercation" and the fact that he wasn't the one to shoot anybody was just a matter of luck in the instance. Or...it's also entirely possible that he was trying to do just what the NRA people are always praising - "good guy with a gun...."

But I'm thinking most of the "outlaws" with guns don't have concealed weapons permits.
It maaay be that they challenged him and he did something wrong, but I notice that the police statement does not say that - just that they shot him leaving. I might be reading to much into the omission.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Seems to me "leaving" when guys are shooting in the mall sounds like a good idea.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 pm
Seems to me "leaving" when guys are shooting in the mall sounds like a good idea.
It's a new thang - 'leaving while black'.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Found:
The suspect at large will be shopping on-line the rest of this season.
Too soon to make jokes, but I cracked up.

Starving for Help: A search for mental healthcare ends tragically at the Putnam County (FL) Jail

... Futch did eventually end up at the hospital, two days later. He couldn’t stop vomiting, so deputies took him to the emergency room. He didn’t stay long.

When the doctor at the Putnam Community Medical Center released Futch, he wrote in a discharge notice that “any significant change in condition or worsening of symptoms should prompt an immediate return” to the emergency room.

The symptoms did worsen, but Futch spent the next two weeks suffering in jail. Medical staff there logged behavioral and physical health episodes with regularity, but were unable or unwilling to provide relief for Futch.

By the time he was taken back to the hospital, Futch, at 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighed 100 pounds. Two days before he was arrested, he weighed 154 pounds, according to medical records....
:(
1312. ETTD.