The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

JTA wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Sheriff Bobby Jack Woods confirmed to WSAZ that the post was indeed from one of his deputies, whose identity is being withheld.
More details:

Kentucky Deputy Suspended Over ‘Muslim Holler Monkey’ Facebook Post
The officer’s 24-day suspension without pay isn’t enough for some.

Apparently, his profile pics were not enough to get him suspended before this latest post :roll: :

WTF is going on in his last pic? Is that a bucket of KFC he's lit on fire? Why would you do such a heinous thing?
I thinks so but am not 100% sure. If it is a KFC protest, he's a fool for not spinning the bucket so the Colonel's face is showing and he had to give KFC money to make his pic. Plus, KFC workers would have good reason (and lawsuit basis?) to consider that a threat of violence. Also, is that A&W he's pouring out and why is the flag backwards?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
JTA wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Sheriff Bobby Jack Woods confirmed to WSAZ that the post was indeed from one of his deputies, whose identity is being withheld.
More details:

Kentucky Deputy Suspended Over ‘Muslim Holler Monkey’ Facebook Post
The officer’s 24-day suspension without pay isn’t enough for some.

Apparently, his profile pics were not enough to get him suspended before this latest post :roll: :

WTF is going on in his last pic? Is that a bucket of KFC he's lit on fire? Why would you do such a heinous thing?
I thinks so but am not 100% sure. If it is a KFC protest, he's a fool for not spinning the bucket so the Colonel's face is showing and he had to give KFC money to make his pic. Plus, KFC workers would have good reason (and lawsuit basis?) to consider that a threat of violence. Also, is that A&W he's pouring out and why is the flag backwards?

Oh I know.

KFC and grape soda are tropes used to make fun of black folk, because supposedly they like them. A lot. I guess that means I'm black because I like fried chicken and grape drink. A lot. That guy is an idiot.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Last edited by Mr.B on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:KFC and grape soda are tropes used to make fun of black folk, because supposedly they like them. A lot. I guess that means I'm black because I like fried chicken and grape drink. A lot. That guy is an idiot.
I like KFC a whole lot. Grape juice too. Just last week I brought home an 18-piece bucket and froze most of it for later. (I do feel a guilty that everyone else on the bus smelled like KFC for the rest of the day.)

And I'm white.

Well, pinkish.

Cedar Scent #4071P Northern Paint, but I'm okay with pinky-beige.

The KFC claim reminds me of the alt-right crowd's mythology about Muslims. Like the claim that touching a pig is some horrible thing. (They can touch pigs, but like Jews and yes, Christians, they're not allowed to consume it.) Or the Biblical quotes they put on guns pretending that it means that Muslims couldn't use them. The first problem with this fantasy being that the quotes were also in the Koran. It only make the alt-right look stupid.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:... It only make the alt-right look stupid.
That takes effort?
JTA wrote:Oh I know.

KFC and grape soda are tropes used to make fun of black folk, because supposedly they like them. A lot. I guess that means I'm black because I like fried chicken and grape drink. A lot. That guy is an idiot.
Oh crap, you may be correct. If so, I'll bet the cop was sooo impressed with himself over his idiocy.
1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Vrede too wrote:
rstrong wrote:... It only make the alt-right look stupid.
That takes effort?
JTA wrote:Oh I know.

Oh crap, you may be correct. If so, I'll bet the cop was sooo impressed with himself over his idiocy.
I like guns. I think they're fun to shoot. I think they look cool. But a lot of these dudes, in order to look ultra macho and "scary", will over compensate and take pictures of themselves like above. The end result is them just looking like insecure dorks.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Imagine the tools described below in the hands of this insecure racist dork and the bosses that didn't fire him long ago.

Military-Grade Spy Gear Is Flooding into Local Police Departments

Major U.S. cities are spending millions of dollars on tools that track and extract data from people’s cellphones — but almost nothing on rules to guide their use.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

Good 'ol flip phones with a redundant browser built in....

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:Good 'ol flip phones with a redundant browser built in....
The limited browsers on those old flip phones used WML, which isn't really around any more. There was no way to add a redundant browser. But you COULD image the contents of those phones with a serial cable even easier than with modern smart phones.

On either kind of phone, any redundant browser's information will be imaged along with the rest of your phone's memory.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

I have a flip that's only a year old that's on a 3g. I say "redundant browser" because I tried using it and gave up after it failed to connect after a couple of minutes. I have no need for a computer in my pocket, so I use only a desk-top at home. I figure by only having a flip phone and not logging into a browser greatly decreases my chances of being traced through internet/social media uses.

The browser feature is still on the majority of flip phones, though.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:The browser feature is still on the majority of flip phones, though.
Fair enough, but that means one of two things:

1) It's an old WML browser, and thus useless these days.

2) It's a modern HTML browser.

Both 1 and 2 are as just as subject to browser tracking as any modern smart phone or desktop browser. That includes social media use. #2 however can return more information about the device itself through JavaScript, which could be used to (not fully reliably) track an anonymous user.

The (now rather blurred) difference for a smart phone is that you can install apps, which on Android especially will also harvest your data.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:
Mr.B wrote:"The browser feature is still on the majority of flip phones, though."
"Fair enough, but that means one of two things:"

1) It's an old WML browser, and thus useless these days.

2) It's a modern HTML browser.
This is what mine is, still slow because of the 3G; still pretty much useless.

"Both 1 and 2 are as just as subject to browser tracking as any modern smart phone or desktop browser. That includes social media use."
Why I don't use the feature.

"#2 however can return more information about the device itself through JavaScript, which could be used to (not fully reliably) track an anonymous user."
Why I prefer a flip phone; make/receive my call, get off the phone. No need to have my nose buried in my phone looking at it's face!

"The (now rather blurred) difference for a smart phone is that you can install apps, which on Android especially will also harvest your data."
I afraid they'll find they wasted their time on me...! :lol:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Sounds good. All they sell then is a history of where you've been and who you talk to.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

rstrong wrote:"Sounds good. All they sell then is a history of where you've been and who you talk to."
:thumbup:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Lowering The Bar: Woman Gets a Ticket for Parking Two Seconds Early

Watch the video. The judge is wonderful.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Saw that elsewhere. Since it's public record the articles should name the parking officer that has a stick up his/her butt.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

:lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Police Officer Saves Jack In The Box Restaurant From Burning Truck

:clap:

Good Cops Arrest Bad Cop Abusing His Power

This is all black people want. We just want the good cops to step in when the bad cops are out of line. Step in early and correct the bad cops and hold them accountable. If the good cops would do that; the bad cops will never get to the point that they murder someone.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.