The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:45 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:44 pm
O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:59 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:41 am
If a boy is distracted by a girl's display of body parts, or spray-on tights; or a girl is struck with awe at some boy's ass crack; how are they to stay focused on their studies? Go to the damn mall!

I stand with the school.
Same tired argument, different date. Boys once were "inflamed" by the sight of a "well-turned ankle." Girls have gone through "boy-crazy" phases for centuries. Clothing matters little.
Don't forget patent leather shoes. :lol:
Kinky?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/365 ... Reflect_Up_
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:37 pm

So I'll ask you, O Really; you said you have a daughter. Would you have allowed her to go to school wearing revealing clothing?
Probably. She wore 80's fashion, and I seem to remember some of that being a bit funky - not to mention the big hair. But I was raised to be independent, free-thinking, and not a lemming, and tried to pass that along. I don't recall any big issue on choice of clothing. She played in a punk band for a while, then took a year off after high school to try to hit it big acting. But eventually she made it through medical school and made a pretty good living for herself despite whatever she might have worn in school.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Maybe Leo Lyons has a point. Look at how those hussies at Liberty U. dress:

No modest virgins there. And at Walt Disney World! Thinking of the children! How are those lusty college boys to stay focused on their studies, and how can creepy old men like Leo Lyons focus on anything else?
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:59 pm
Maybe Leo Lyons has a point. Look at how those hussies at Liberty U. dress:

No modest virgins there. And at Walt Disney World! Thinking of the children! How are those lusty college boys to stay focused on their studies, and how can creepy old men like Leo Lyons focus on anything else?

Are they The Flames?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:15 pm
Are they The Flames?
Yeah, pretty much.
http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=38083
Most of the references are to "Liberty Cheerleading", but they're called "Flames" in some places like:
https://www.liberty.edu/media/1911/chee ... Clinic.pdf

I've heard that the men are called "Flaming Liberty Cheerleaders", but that may just be a rumor.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:34 pm
Storm(y) arrives in Portland
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stormy-dan ... 8306465940
What are you telling Lady O?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:53 pm
O Really wrote:
Funny. But no, that's not my choice of entertainment. The showbill does look a lot like an old timey carnival show, though, doesn't it?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:08 pm
Funny. But no, that's not my choice of entertainment. The showbill does look a lot like an old timey carnival show, though, doesn't it?
MAHA! Yeehaw.

I've been to 3 strip shows.
Meeting a friend.
Bachelor party.
Bangkok - why not?
Not my thing, either.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:08 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:53 pm
O Really wrote:
Hee Haw girls.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

OMG, don't tell Leo that girls had cleavage in 1965ish!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:50 pm
Hee Haw girls.
O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 pm
Yeah, but their shoulders are all covered. That's what really turns on 15-year-old boys.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:50 pm
Hee Haw girls.
O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:00 pm
Yeah, but their shoulders are all covered. That's what really turns on 15-year-old boys.
They have shoulders?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

I stand with the school.

Comment:
"Why do kids and parents feel its necessary to fight dress codes? It's about education not fashion.
What happened to teaching your kids to follow rules and being a good citizen?" :thumbup:

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:54 pm
I stand with the school.

Comment:
"Why do kids and parents feel its necessary to fight dress codes? It's about education not fashion.
What happened to teaching your kids to follow rules and being a good citizen?" :thumbup:
Well, you've got followers and you've got leaders.
And if it were really "about education" they wouldn't have such dress codes. It's really just about control, following the same principles used on prisoners. The school admin is trying to create little handmaids and, like the fictional handmaids, the students keep trying to gain individualism and independence.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:15 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:54 pm
I stand with the school.

Comment:
Well, you've got followers and you've got leaders.
And if it were really "about education" they wouldn't have such dress codes. It's really just about control, following the same principles used on prisoners.
Kids today are no different from prisoners; prisoners attack guards, kids attack teachers. No, it's not about "control", it's about "discipline", something teachers aren't allowed to teach today, computers aren't programmed to teach, and parent(s) have no clue as to the meaning. Without some measure of "control", there is no "discipline".

The school admin is trying to create little handmaids and, like the fictional handmaids, the students keep trying to gain individualism and independence.
Again, NO. Kids have the attitude that "nobody is going to tell me what to do", therefore THEY want to be in charge, and parent(s) don't have the fortitude to apply discipline; they're trying too hard to be their kid's best friend rather than their parents. That "individualism and independence" thingy is something that's EARNED, not handed out on a silver platter.
So...Mom's a leader. Got it.
I don't know about today's education values, but dress codes are a part of the educational learning, that is, how to dress and conduct yourselves in the work place, because <gasp!> employers have dress codes.

Imagine that young lady landing a job; she's given an employee handbook with "rules" (heaven forbid!), she comes to work one day dressed contrarily to the "rules", she's sent home for the day (or week), and she comes back to work wearing a shirt (blouse, top, etc.) with wording that taunting to her superiors....any guesses as to the lifespan of that "individualism and independence?"

O Really
Admiral

Geez, Leo - be a little creative. That's just a re-hash of the same speech your (parents/teacher/neighbor) had about your duck-tail and leather jacket back in 50-something. Wasn't real solid then, still isn't now.

Chill and listen to a bit of Buffett..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YiW5Z0fr-Q

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:48 pm
Geez, Leo - be a little creative.
What you're saying is "will you at least go along with us on this one?" .... answer: nope.
Thanks though for the subtle admission that my post content was spot on. I stand with the school.

That's just a re-hash of the same speech your (parents/teacher/neighbor) had about your duck-tail and leather jacket back in 50-something. Wasn't real solid then, still isn't now.
A fad is a bit different from a dress code concerning proper attire for school. Never sported either; but the ones who did were not in violation of any school dress code, nor was their 'junk' exposed. It's real.

Chill and listen to a bit of Buffett.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YiW5Z0fr-Q
Success in life is determined by attitude and maturity.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

― Socrates

Leo Lyons
Ensign

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm
“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”
― Socrates
"The father of Greek philosophy — was put on trial for...corrupting the youth of Athens."
Same will probably happen to the girl's school authorities; how dare they think of imposing moral standards!