The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Vrede too »

EXCLUSIVE: OJ Simpson's parole may be in jeopardy after he was caught masturbating in his Nevada prison cell by a female corrections officer

OJ Simpson could be denied parole after he was caught pleasuring himself in his cell - strictly verboten in federal prisons in the U.S. ...

They prefer the alternatives - frustration, consensual or nonconsensual sex?

'While it's not the most serious charge to be written up for in prison, it's serious enough that any potential parole date maybe be delayed or his parole denied all together,' added the source....

So, he might have to masturbate there for longer?

OJ was written up under the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 (PREA) the first United States federal law passed dealing with the sexual assault of prisoners. The bill was signed into law on September 4, 2003. While masturbation is not directly mentioned in this act, it is considered by many states to be a sexual offense in this bill.

Seems counterproductive if "Prison Rape Elimination" is the goal.

Brook Keast, a public information officer for the Nevada Department of Corrections told Dailymail.com that an inmate masturbating in his cell can be considered a violation if 'the officer believes the inmates actions were intentional.' ...

Unintentional masturbation might be a handy ( :wave: ) skill to acquire.
Glad to see that our prisons are worrying about the important things.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Unread post by homerfobe »

"Lovelock" Correctional Center in Nevada --- :lol:

It seems as though Daily Mail (which is nothing short of a supermarket rag) has picked up the fake news of other rag publications. Funny story though.
OJ simpson goes before a Nevada Department of Corrections Parole Board on Thursday from prison in Lovelock, NV, which will decide if the 70-year-old ex-athlete will be released from prison as early as October of this year. (It will be shown live on ESPN).

But one site — the London Daily Mail, is claiming that his parole is in jeopardy because O.J. was caught masturbating in his cell. The Daily Mail quotes and anonymous source.

TMZ, however, is reporting that the masturbation story is fake news. They’re debunking it.

THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM LOVELOCK SAYS, “IT IS AGAINST NEVADA DEPT. OF CORRECTIONS POLICY TO RELEASE INMATE DISCIPLINARY HISTORY TO THE PUBLIC. IT IS ALSO AGAINST POLICY TO RELEASE INACCURATE INFORMATION. NO OFFICIAL FROM OUR DEPARTMENT WOULD HAVE RELEASED THE INFORMATION IN QUESTION.”
In other words: Nope.

The Daily Mail reports that O.J. was caught masturbating in his cell by a female corrections officer in June, and was written up for it. He is scheduled for a disciplinary hearing for the infraction, which is not going to happen by Thursday, they write. Daily Mail:

OJ WAS WRITTEN UP UNDER THE PRISON RAPE ELIMINATION ACT OF 2003 (PREA), THE FIRST UNITED STATES FEDERAL LAW PASSED DEALING WITH THE SEXUAL ASSAULT OF PRISONERS. THE BILL WAS SIGNED INTO LAW ON SEPTEMBER 4, 2003. WHILE MASTURBATION IS NOT DIRECTLY MENTIONED IN THIS ACT, IT IS CONSIDERED BY MANY STATES TO BE A SEXUAL OFFENSE IN THIS BILL.

BROOK KEAST, A PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER FOR THE NEVADA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS, TOLD DAILYMAIL.COM THAT AN INMATE MASTURBATING IN HIS CELL CAN BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION IF “THE OFFICER BELIEVES THE INMATES ACTIONS WERE INTENTIONAL.”
But TMZ is reporting that there is “no hard and fast rule” about masturbating in this particular facility. It’s somewhat interesting because, if TMZ is right, then the Daily Mail story was completely fabricated. I mean, you don’t come up with a story like that by mistake.

Simpson has served nearly nine years in the Lovelock Correctional Center on kidnapping, robbery and weapons charges after he confronted two memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel room in 2007. He is eligible for parole for the first time.

He has been more or less a model prisoner, according to reports — except for the cookie incident. In 2011 he was found with a cookie in his cell, which is considered contraband by state prison rules.

If things go wrong at the hearing (don’t whip it out in front of the committee, Juice!), Simpson could remain in prison until 2022, when his original term is up.
Proudly Telling It Like It Is: In Your Face! Whether You Like It Or Not!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I posted it because it's funny, while knowing both the Daily Mail's "credibility" and that it could very well be fake. However, "NO OFFICIAL FROM OUR DEPARTMENT WOULD HAVE RELEASED THE INFORMATION IN QUESTION,” is a flat out lie. One only has to consider the pay for prison staff and the market value of titillating OJ news.

Now, about the practice of debunking without citing or linking one's source? It's clearly not TMZ since it refers to a TMZ report, and it's not like TMZ has a stellar reputation, anyhow.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not only the Mail, but also the NY Post printed the story. The NY Post, fer pete's sake. Gotta be true.

As for TMZ, they're muckrakers, of course, but most of their muck has some truth to it.

homerfobe
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:49 pm
I posted it because it's funny,
My so called debunking your story was intended to be funny too, but I was skeered that rstrong would whip my ass for posting anything remotely humorous. Did you get rstrong's permission? You know how he is about posting humor.

while knowing both the Daily Mail's "credibility" and that it could very well be fake.
Hence, their reputation for being nothing more than a rag.

However, "NO OFFICIAL FROM OUR DEPARTMENT WOULD HAVE RELEASED THE INFORMATION IN QUESTION,” is a flat out lie.
Proof? Source(s)?

One only has to consider the pay for prison staff and the market value of titillating OJ news.
Citation(s)? Source(s)?

Now, about the practice of debunking without citing or linking one's source?
Practice what you preach much?

It's clearly not TMZ since it refers to a TMZ report, and it's not like TMZ has a stellar reputation, anyhow.
Oh dear silly me! How could I even dare to post anything without a supporting link! I'm so glad you caught that innocent little oversight; why you all might think I made it all up. So many thanks! :oops:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:57 am
Baltimore Police officer mistakenly records himself with body cam planting drugs at crime scene

And people were surprised by the riots. :roll:

Can't find it now, but read earlier that chief, or some spokesperson said that the cop could have been recreating the scene for the camera as they often do

Sure thing. Whoever heard of a cop doing wrong
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

They're letting OJ out.
Maybe he'll behave, but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

homerfobe
Ensign

I couldn't believe he got 33 years for that fiasco to begin with. Hells bells, drunk drivers killing whole families or half-baked morons beating their infant children to death get less time than that. If he's smart, he'll move his butt to some Podunkville, USA and stay out of the limelight while living off his insanely amount of $25,000 a month plus his other monetary means.
Not only does Simpson receive an estimated $25,000 a month thanks to his NFL pension, according to a Sports Illustrated report, but he also has a Screen Actors Guild pension and a personal pension in which he invested $5 million in many years ago.
I don't know about his other pension monies, but Goldman can't touch his NFL pension. Hell, I'd live like a king on 25g's a month! Speaking of Goldman, I never really understood the wrongful death part of that suit, but Ron Goldman played the wrong card when he began screwing around with a married woman, and he paid the ultimate penalty, doesn't matter who killed him. NEVER NEVER NEVER bed a married woman, even though she's separated; she's still MARRIED!

Enjoy your freedom O.J. Just remember this: sometime, somewhere, you're going to slip up and the truth is going to come out, and your ass is going to be grass.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

homerfobe wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:29 pm
but Ron Goldman played the wrong card when he began screwing around with a married woman, and he paid the ultimate penalty, doesn't matter who killed him. NEVER NEVER NEVER bed a married woman, even though she's separated; she's still MARRIED!
She wasn't still married. Simpson pleaded no contest to spousal abuse in 1989. They divorced in 1992. O.J. was already dating a model during the separation and after the divorce.

According to police and friends, Nicole and Ron's relationship was platonic. They were just friends.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

homerfobe wrote:
Enjoy your freedom O.J. Just remember this: sometime, somewhere, you're going to slip up and the truth is going to come out, and your ass is going to be grass.
If I understand correctly, they can't (criminally) try him again for the same crime, even if new evidence comes forward. (According to the 5th Amendment's Double Jeopardy Clause.) And he's already lost the civil trial and paid that out.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rstrong wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:18 pm
homerfobe wrote:
If I understand correctly, they can't (criminally) try him again for the same crime, even if new evidence comes forward. (According to the 5th Amendment's Double Jeopardy Clause.) And he's already lost the civil trial and paid that out.
And he claimed to be leo in his other self
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

And this is why we don't text exes.
Imagine, if you will, how this would have gone down with today's technology. One irrational text could have convicted him.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 pm
She wasn't still married. Simpson pleaded no contest to spousal abuse in 1989. They divorced in 1992....

Strike 1.

According to police and friends, Nicole and Ron's relationship was platonic. They were just friends.

Strike 2.
rstrong wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:18 pm
If I understand correctly,

You do.

they can't (criminally) try him again for the same crime, even if new evidence comes forward. (According to the 5th Amendment's Double Jeopardy Clause.) And he's already lost the civil trial

Strike 3.

and paid that out.

Sort of.
Impressive.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:00 pm
And he claimed to be leo in his other self
Investigative journalist, then denied it and said he was some sort of other kind of mysterious and imperiled investigator. :roll: But your point still stands.
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

k9nanny wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:13 pm
And this is why we don't text exes.
Imagine, if you will, how this would have gone down with today's technology. One irrational text could have convicted him.
Seems like you've been thinking about how to cover your tracks. ;)
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

OMG! It's Mr.B! No wait! it's homerfobe! no, it's Seth Miller! Oh no! It's...it's...it's...it's
(hurry Verde too, who else can we say he is?) Please Mr. B! You're making us paranoid!

homerfobe
Ensign

rstrong wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 pm
homerfobe wrote:
but Ron Goldman played the wrong card when he began screwing around with a married woman, and he paid the ultimate penalty, doesn't matter who killed him. NEVER NEVER NEVER bed a married woman, even though she's separated; she's still MARRIED!
She wasn't still married. Simpson pleaded no contest to spousal abuse in 1989. They divorced in 1992. O.J. was already dating a model during the separation and after the divorce.

I had forgotten all that. :oops: Thanks for the refresher. A good looking blonde and a swingin' playboy having a platonic relationship though?
Anyway, I goofed. Guess I better call Mr.B and Seth and tell them. They will want to know. (who's leo? Is that supposed to be another me?)

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You "had forgotten" about Double Jeopardy and the civil trial? Oh, that's right, you edited out that flub and rstrong's response to it from your mea culpa. Pansy.
homerfobe wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:19 pm
... who's leo? Is that supposed to be another me? ...
Ummm, this is The LEO thread. Moron.
1312. ETTD.

homerfobe
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:54 pm
You "had forgotten" about Double Jeopardy and the civil trial? Oh, that's right, you edited out that flub and rstrong's response to it from your mea culpa. Pansy.
I didn't follow the story when the events were in full swing. I wasn't in the U.S. at the time and wasn't really all that interested. Just another celebrity got his ass in a sling.
homerfobe wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:19 pm
... who's leo? Is that supposed to be another me? ...
Ummm, this is The LEO thread. Moron.
bb.pilgrim wrote:And he claimed to be leo in his other self
Oops! :oops: My mistake. I couldn't quite unravel bb.pilgrim's gibberish. I thought he had dreamed up another 'self' for me.
So he screwed up. I've never claimed to be "LEO". Was Mr.B 'LEO'? Or is bb.pilgrim having another Mr.B panic attack?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

homerfobe wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:25 pm
I didn't follow the story when the events were in full swing. I wasn't in the U.S. at the time and wasn't really all that interested. Just another celebrity got his ass in a sling.

Your lame excuse is that you never heard that he was acquitted and that you never heard about his civil court loss years later because you weren't "in the U.S. at the time?" Okaaaaay. :roll: :bs:

.... I've never claimed to be "LEO"....

No one did, as I made clear above - pay attention! - but given the thread billy.pilgrim's intent was clear to everyone but you. Moron.
1312. ETTD.