The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by O Really »

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:41 am
If a boy is distracted by a girl's display of body parts, or spray-on tights; or a girl is struck with awe at some boy's ass crack; how are they to stay focused on their studies? Go to the damn mall!

I stand with the school.
Same tired argument, different date. Boys once were "inflamed" by the sight of a "well-turned ankle." Girls have gone through "boy-crazy" phases for centuries. Clothing matters little.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Most people aren't as easily distracted as you were, or as selectively. When I was their age a didn't matter if the girls were wearing burlap sacks - I wasn't going to get more excited by a bare shoulder. Whatever, she was suspended for that, took it, and merely nonviolently, silently, without disruption AND within the dresscode expressed her feelings about it.

If you're a cop, a supposedly trained professional, and you've allowed things to escalate to the point of physical struggle with a 15-year-old girl over the 1st Amendment protected shirt she's wearing, it's time to step back and think about where YOU went wrong, not her.
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Go to the damn mall!
OK. What should I expect to see?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Unread post by Leo Lyons »

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 am

How do we get away from black/white all/nothing no tolerance mode and into something approaching reason?
The best answer I can give is to obey the cop's command.
Don't be belligerent.
Don't curse the cop.
Don't call the cop a liar and threaten to call the superior office.
The list goes on, but you can see where this is going. As I stated earlier, it seems people nowadays are more likely to provoke a cop; and then when shit gets real, they're ready to sue.

I'm guessing it will get worse before it gets better, since the response to failure of authoritarianism seems to be more authoritarianism.
I totally agree. Cops don't trust people any more than people trust cops; therefore they're readily defensive. The cops being hired today are of this same breeding as the girl in this thread; give 'em a badge and a gun, and they think they're hot shit; whereas the the public they're hired to "Protect and Serve" make matters worse by provoking that attitude.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
Go to the damn mall!
OK. What should I expect to see?
Walmart, maybe?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:59 am
Leo Lyons wrote:
If a boy is distracted by a girl's display of body parts, or spray-on tights; or a girl is struck with awe at some boy's ass crack; how are they to stay focused on their studies? Go to the damn mall!

I stand with the school.
Same tired argument, different date. Boys once were "inflamed" by the sight of a "well-turned ankle." Girls have gone through "boy-crazy" phases for centuries. Clothing matters little.
Same tired argument, different date. Only the clothes and morals have changed.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:09 am
Most people aren't as easily distracted as you were, or as selectively. When I was their age a didn't matter if the girls were wearing burlap sacks - I wasn't going to get more excited by a bare shoulder. Whatever, she was suspended for that, took it, and merely nonviolently, silently, without disruption AND within the dresscode expressed her feelings about it.
You don't know for sure that a bare shoulder wouldn't get you all hot and bothered, because (1) Girls didn't wear that attire then (2) Most girls' parents monitored what they wore to school (they cared) (3) Most girls took pride in their modesty (and virginity).
That was then, this is now.

If you're a cop, a supposedly trained professional, and you've allowed things to escalate to the point of physical struggle with a 15-year-old girl over the 1st Amendment protected shirt she's wearing, it's time to step back and think about where YOU went wrong, not her.
It wasn't the shirt that got her restrained and locked up; it began with her attitude and eventual kicking the cop. When a 15 year old girl thinks she's bad-ass enough to defy rules, take on authoritative figures and the law, she's bad-ass enough to suffer the consequences.

It's amazing to me that people can side with belligerent children; but this is now, not then. A sign of moral decay, I guess.

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:19 am

'zactly. No change at all that matters. In 20 (or fewer years) some kid is going to look at an old picture of his dad in droopy pants and say, "you sure were a dork, Pop." And the former droopy pants wearing guy will be saying "no kid of mine is going out in that (whatever)" But nobody ever learns, do they?

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:30 am
(3) Most girls took pride in their modesty (and virginity).
:lol: :lol:

O Really
Admiral

Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:15 am
O Really wrote:

How do we get away from black/white all/nothing no tolerance mode and into something approaching reason?

Good advice for an individual trying to avoid a nasty confrontation, but it doesn't really address the issue. Why has it become the public's job to treat cops with kid gloves so they won't get beat down or shot instead of the cop's job to treat the public (for whom they supposedly work) with appropriate behaviour?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:42 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
I should have said their reputation. None of the girls I went to school with wanted to be known as a slut or a "put out."
Nowadays, that's a badge of honor.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:15 am

Good advice for an individual trying to avoid a nasty confrontation, but it doesn't really address the issue.
There would be no issue to address if that advice was followed.

Why has it become the public's job to treat cops with kid gloves so they won't get beat down or shot instead of the cop's job to treat the public (for whom they supposedly work) with appropriate behaviour?
Why has it become the public's notion that cops are to be disrespected and treated like sh*t? If the general public lived and acted like decent human beings, we'd have no need for cops, but we both know that will never happen, don't we?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:
That's just what they told Leo Lyons.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:27 pm
O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:
He obviously didn't hang with the Catholic school girls.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:39 pm
Leo Lyons wrote:
'zactly. No change at all that matters.
It does matter. Because former gathering places like malls are being shuttered, that still doesn't justify schools being a place to flaunt bodily charms or willingness to share them. I was in a mall not long ago, when a group of young girls, some wearing shorts so tight and short that they could pass for panties were discussing their getting birth control or morning after pills just for the asking, no parental consent needed.

In 20 (or fewer years) some kid is going to look at an old picture of his dad in droopy pants and say, "you sure were a dork, Pop." And the former droopy pants wearing guy will be saying "no kid of mine is going out in that (whatever)"
Providing they have or know who Dad is.

But nobody ever learns, do they?
'zactly.
So I'll ask you, O Really; you said you have a daughter. Would you have allowed her to go to school wearing revealing clothing?

Leo Lyons
Ensign

O Really wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:33 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:27 pm
O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:
Leo Lyons wasn't an introvert that shunned being part of a crowd; he knew who and what. None of the girls I went to school with wanted to be known as a slut or a "put out." Nowadays, that's a badge of honor.
He obviously didn't hang with the Catholic school girls.
Never hung out in confessional closets either.
Last edited by Leo Lyons on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:

I stand with the school.
Don't forget patent leather shoes. :lol:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:44 pm
O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:

I stand with the school.
Don't forget patent leather shoes. :lol:
Kinky?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Leo Lyons wrote:
O Really wrote:
Leo Lyons wrote:

I stand with the school.
Yeah, makem' wear a hijab and burlap sack!!
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Leo Lyons
Ensign

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:50 pm
Yeah, makem' wear a hijab and burlap sack!!
They'll just cut out the ass end and make nipple holes in the front. Why make them do all that work, you slave driver, you!